News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Wow, Schleich really did their homework with this one. Unfortunately, they studied Papo's new Tyrannosaurus instead of, y'know, the actual dinosaur. Seriously, what gives? Still, the detail level on this monster is a major step up from their usual. I particularly like the feet, very birdlike (even if they are really big for balance reasons).

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 01, 2012, 06:56:53 PM
QuoteBTW, that new Schleich TRex ALMOST looks tempting enough to get ... wish we had more photos from other angles ...
Sure...this enough angles for ya?

Any particular angles you had in mind?

Belly

Roselaar

That Schleich T-Rex is pretty good, certainly for their standards. I don;t like the brown texture around the eyes though, it looks like skin deterioration. That plus the pimples on its neck and knees make it look sickly.

Seijun

I find the new schleich rex to be horrid ugly, but at least its better that the previous versions, and better than mojo's new trex and the old collecta jp rexes.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

SBell

Quote from: Seijun on May 01, 2012, 08:18:52 PM
I find the new schleich rex to be horrid ugly, but at least its better that the previous versions, and better than mojo's new trex and the old collecta jp rexes.

It may be the best Schleich T.rex yet. Which is kind of like being the best kind of intestinal parasite--I would really not want to have any of them ;D

Takama

Quote from: Simon on May 01, 2012, 06:23:18 PM
CONGRATULATIONS BRONTODOCUS!!!!!!!!  YOU HIT THE 'MOTHER LODE'!!!!!

(As an aside, what is wrong with ebay?  Without ebay we would have no chance at all to ever find stuff like Battat, or many Japanese dinos.  Icamiro - I assume you are kidding when you said you 'sought refuge' on JAUCE - with the fees and costs its a heckuva lot more expensive than ebay.)

BTW, that new Schleich TRex ALMOST looks tempting enough to get ... wish we had more photos from other angles ...

Well, you cant really shop without a gosh darn credit card, even when you just want to use gift cards, they Require a CG. I like amazon because you can shop without sacrificing any valuable information, and don't have those darn service fees i keep hearing about. Only downside, is that i have to refer to my aunt for retired items like the Battats

Primeval12

Your making me jelous, I might ask for it for my Birthday in August

brontodocus

Yay, thanks all! :D
Quote from: lcamiro on May 01, 2012, 11:23:30 AM
I looked for refuge in Japans auctions, but recent Battat sighthings are dragging me back in EBay black hole  >:(
Or as I (you know, dresssed in black and with my helmet on) would say now... There is no escape! ;D
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 01, 2012, 03:11:30 PM
:o :o  SINNER  ;D ;D !!!

Congrats - your Dino toy collection is moving towards perfection ;) .
Hehe, thanks, Helge! :) it still feels evil. And good. And a little like I may have passed the zenith of my collecting...
Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 01, 2012, 03:49:35 PM
Brontodocus, the only thing I can say is....I don't envy your wallet ;)
Argh, I knew there would be a downside to it. :'( ;D Of course I never paid that much for figures before and it's not likely I'd ever pay that much again. But I'm sure if I had hunted for them individually I'd end up paying a good deal more than I did in this case.
(As an aside, what is wrong with ebay?  Without ebay we would have no chance at all to ever find stuff like Battat, or many Japanese dinos.  Icamiro - I assume you are kidding when you said you 'sought refuge' on JAUCE - with the fees and costs its a heckuva lot more expensive than ebay.)
Thanks, Simon! :) I'm sure Luis was joking indeed. ;D
Quote from: Seijun on May 01, 2012, 06:29:44 PM
I don't suppose this means you have any "extra" battats now, do you?  ;)
Unfortunately not really - the reason why this offer was especially interesting for me was that until yesterday I had only two Battats - the Styracosaurus and a pretty much played with Ouranosaurus. :-\ So while probably many others would have rather seen the figures offered individually (well, they apparently are now) for me it was perfect to get them offered as a full set. :D

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

tyrantqueen

Hey Takama, here's the shot of its belly

Also, here is a bonus pic of the new Schleich Para

I would have put it alongside the old Parasaurolophus for comparison, but I don't have it  :P

Takama

Seijun

Yeah, it looks like icecream :D

Its a shame they could not have fixed the hands while they were at it though.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

SBell

Quote from: Seijun on May 02, 2012, 12:04:18 AM
Yeah, it looks like icecream :D

Its a shame they could not have fixed the hands while they were at it though.

It's actually just air-quoting.  It's a "T. rex". ;D

Gryphoceratops

Oh my that's the new para paint job?  It looks quite different from the stock photo and to be honest not that great.  I like the original better. 

Metallisuchus

Blade, that's a nice Carno you've got there. One of my favorite species.

My mom got me the Dilophosaurus at Walgreen's I believe.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: SBell on May 01, 2012, 09:20:20 PM
Quote from: Seijun on May 01, 2012, 08:18:52 PM

It may be the best Schleich T.rex yet. Which is kind of like being the best kind of intestinal parasite--I would really not want to have any of them ;D

ha!  ;D

sauroid

it's ironic and a pity that Schleich had to downgrade the Parasaurolophus' appearance.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

I'm disappointed with the new Schleichs!
I was actually looking forward to them!
T-rex looks kinda diseased (and not in a gnarly good way!) and its eyes look lifeless.  And what's up with the pimples? However, this model is a huge step forward from their previous T-rexes (nice details on the feet)
The Para's paint job got downgraded with respect to the stock photos! Why?!

I hope the Quetzalcoatlus with its gorgeous monarch butterfly print makes it to the market, unscathed...

lcamiro

BTW, that new Schleich TRex ALMOST looks tempting enough to get ... wish we had more photos from other angles ...

Jejeje when I refer to "Evil Ebay" I mean its power to drag you into endless look for items to collect. Of course it is fantastic for finding stuff not avail at stores nowadays. But at some point I did not find some dinos i was interested in and that is why I looked into Japanese auctions. And totally agree, fees in such auctions are quite high, but even so, I managed to find many figures that: a) I have not seen on Ebay ever or for months  and b) if I was lucky to find them on EBay, they were so expensive that it was cheaper to buy them in Japan (fees and S&H included).  And given that my collecting taste switched to smaller museum replicas, then Japan was my place to go  :)  Everytime I win an auction there, I complain about their damn fees  >:(  >:(  >:(
I use EBay primarily for some rare figures from Battat, Bullyland, WWD, Safari and Chap Meis.

lcamiro

SEGA PRIZE TREX 2003 1st paint scheme (Hirokasu Tokugawa) - Brand new :)

brontodocus

Congrats, Luis! This colour scheme looks much better than the grey version with the red and blue markings on top of the head! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: