You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUTABA

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 16, 2013, 03:13:47 PM
Favorite Ltd. Allosaurus

Favorite Ltd. Plesiosaurus

Favorite Ltd. Triceratops statue.

Okay, so this one isn't exactly a recent acquisition, because I got it ages ago and forgot to photograph it...but I think it's gorgeous anyway :)

I need that Plessy. <3
I really really like blue things.

FUTABA

Quote from: Alice the Troodon on December 18, 2013, 02:55:03 PM

These cute little guys are ornithomimids from Learning Curve's line of Dinosaur Train figures. I'm a sucker for them! They're just so cute! I love how kids are getting to learn more obscure species from this show and that the species list doesn't just end at the popular ones like T Rex.

(Edit: I can't believe myself... 'Ornithomimosaurs'... So embarrassed with myself right now. Remind me to never go on forums when I'm half asleep. xD)

I have those guys, Ollie and Oren. Great little guys to take out in your pocket if ever you're in need of company when out and about (or you could take actual human companions but whatevs).

Even though Dinosaur Train is a show aimed at young children it's very impressive with how informative it is. I've only seen a few episodes on TV and would love to see more of the show. (I've tried finding it online but to no avail, only short clips). I've seen DVDs of it but with only 3 or 4 episodes per disc and they're a few pounds each which seems a bit steep.

Anyway yeah, the range of animals featured is certainly something to be commended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1O_pZClyrc&list=PL76A39DA7B80F8842

(Just got reminded of this).

FUTABA

Quote from: Roselaar on December 26, 2013, 02:00:17 PM
My would-be brother-in-law-to-be just bequeathed me with this custom made Simolestes figure, the design for which he made himself, after which he let the Shapeways Compnay produce it. So this could be called my first Shapeways figure:

I'm in love.

Balaur

I just got another blind bag WWD figure, only for it to be another Parksosaurus. I am going to go to a local Toys 'R Us sometime is week, and hopefully I get new ones.

Roselaar

These came in last week:

Tyco Dino Riders Series 2 Pachycephalosaurus and Ice Age Megatherium. Both are more complete than this picture indicates, though for me the accessories are secondary to the creatures. I really like the both of these. The Pachy has a weird flat tail though.

amanda

I posted this earlier, but the site seems to have eaten it. My hobby shop received one lone WS Pachyrhinosaurus, which I grabbed instantly and whisked it away home. The skull detailing, the head;s pose, the body pose, it wonderful. This figure blows the Papo one right outta the water. It more than holds it's own. And it was only 10dollars and change. GET this figure, and get it now. It is fantastic.

DinoToyForum

I'd overlooked the shapeways Simolestes. Nice little figure.

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 13, 2014, 12:15:03 PM

It is nice. It needs to be made public!

tyrantqueen

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 13, 2014, 04:59:42 PM

Concavenator in pieces 8)

Sean Cooper is such a fantastic sculptor! I love his work. Congrats :)!

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on January 13, 2014, 02:02:31 PM

Okay, okay, I'll be sure to pass it on to my brother-in-law. He might change his mind if he hears of its popularity. :)

FUTABA

If he does then it'll likely be my first Shapeways model.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on January 13, 2014, 08:23:04 PM
Quote from: SBell on January 13, 2014, 02:02:31 PM

Okay, okay, I'll be sure to pass it on to my brother-in-law. He might change his mind if he hears of its popularity. :)

The only person who might be unhappy is my wife...I think I may have pushed her patience with what I've spent so far this year!

postsaurischian

Quote from: SBell on January 14, 2014, 01:18:40 AM
The only person who might be unhappy is my wife...I think I may have pushed her patience with what I've spent so far this year!

And yet the year is only 13 days old :o ;D!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 13, 2014, 06:01:37 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 13, 2014, 04:59:42 PM
Concavenator in pieces 8)

Sean Cooper is such a fantastic sculptor! I love his work. Congrats :)!
I agree, he is, and thanks :)

tyrantqueen

The Natural History Museum Book of Dinosaurs.

Thanks to HD-man for his helpful Amazon review. Love the vintage Sibbick art :)

Megacrioceras (FUD) by Eric Thorson

Blade-of-the-Moon

Any pics of the interior ?  I saw this on Amazon and was interested in the art myself..just not sure if it's different or the same art I have in other books.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 16, 2014, 04:27:29 PM
Any pics of the interior ?  I saw this on Amazon and was interested in the art myself..just not sure if it's different or the same art I have in other books.
Sure, here's a couple

It has a two page spread of an Allosaurus biting a Diplodocus...very cool.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..yeah I love that 2 pg spread..wish it was available as a poster/print somewhere.

Jetoar

Lovely acquisition firend. This is my last figures  ^-^.

The Troodon, the last figure to complete my electronics figures  ^-^.

My firts kaiyodos  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: