You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Roselaar on January 30, 2014, 08:24:42 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 30, 2014, 01:37:38 AM
And yes, me as well.  :))

Same here if possible. Don't hesitate to stock these big time, it seems there's quite a demand for them. :)

They made an edition of 2000 copies .....

http://www.geopark-grenzwelten.de/de/3_Service/Aktuelles/2012/PressetextUrhandtierModell.pdf

..... and it's called "Ur-Handtier" ;D.

Ikessauro

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 30, 2014, 09:20:01 PM

Same here if possible. Don't hesitate to stock these big time, it seems there's quite a demand for them. :)

http://www.geopark-grenzwelten.de/de/3_Service/Aktuelles/2012/PressetextUrhandtierModell.pdf

Seriously, it's been a while since I've wanted a model so much ahaha. I don't seem to get excited or thrilled by Safari, Papo or Collecta anymore, I actually like the obscure, weird and unusual stuff, like this. I will be a happy dude once I have it in my collection.

Libraraptor

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 30, 2014, 09:20:01 PM

Good work, Helge, thanks for finding all this out! And 2000 copies, well, I don´t know the usual amount of the models made for commercial use. How many Invicta Brachiosaurus are out there for example? How many Bullyland Procynosuchus? How many Safaris or Papos? I don´t have an idea about this, no imagination. Who can help?

Megalosaurus

Hi. Nice adquisitions. I've never seen that Bullyland figure before.

As for me, my Mojo mammals arrived at last... and they got companions.

Mojo Group:

Good figures / HORRIBLE paintwork.

Prehistoric life toob:

I bought this toob because i want to have certain calves. I'll repaint some of them in my spare time.

Safari Doedicurus & its calf:

Fooling around:

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

The Mojos look very good...for mammals >:D

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on January 30, 2014, 12:26:43 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 29, 2014, 10:36:57 PM
The Protochirotherium is again an exclusive edition for a museum / project. That base prints, as far as I know, represent the original track .
I announced to Mr. Jürgen Fichter from the Geopark Grenzwelten Karlsruhe that there will be some questions concerning ordering / shipping: jfitcher [at] t-online.de
If Mr. Fitcher can´t help, not even by asking someone who  maybe knows more, I´ll personally drive to Wolfhagen and get some for you. Let´s wait for his answer and then meet here again (via PM).

Please don't forget me in this! ;D

Meeee tooo! I hope you got my PM  ^-^

Ikessauro

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 31, 2014, 02:59:06 AM
Quote from: SBell on January 30, 2014, 12:26:43 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 29, 2014, 10:36:57 PM
The Protochirotherium is again an exclusive edition for a museum / project. That base prints, as far as I know, represent the original track .
I announced to Mr. Jürgen Fichter from the Geopark Grenzwelten Karlsruhe that there will be some questions concerning ordering / shipping: jfitcher [at] t-online.de
If Mr. Fitcher can´t help, not even by asking someone who  maybe knows more, I´ll personally drive to Wolfhagen and get some for you. Let´s wait for his answer and then meet here again (via PM).

Please don't forget me in this! ;D

Meeee tooo! I hope you got my PM  ^-^

I also sent you a PM a while ago.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 30, 2014, 10:10:46 PM

Good work, Helge, thanks for finding all this out! And 2000 copies, well, I don´t know the usual amount of the models made for commercial use. How many Invicta Brachiosaurus are out there for example? How many Bullyland Procynosuchus? How many Safaris or Papos? I don´t have an idea about this, no imagination. Who can help?

I'm also not sure, but I think that the major companies like Safari or Papo produce many many more of an official release figure.
2000 is not that much!
I'm sure there are also many more Procynosuchus figures out there. A lot of people don't know that it is obviously still in production as diverse museums in Germany are regularly selling it.
Bullyland just don't let 'normal' sellers sell it and do not deliver to them (I know this from a conversation with Urzeitshop).

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Seijun on January 25, 2014, 10:07:38 PM
omg empty shelves!

This is what I need right now. My collection has reached cancerous levels and it's beginning to metastasize. I'm going to have to make some very drastic, critical choices.

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 31, 2014, 09:34:15 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 30, 2014, 10:10:46 PM

I'm also not sure, but I think that the major companies like Safari or Papo produce many many more of an official release figure.
2000 is not that much!
I'm sure there are also many more Procynosuchus figures out there. A lot of people don't know that it is obviously still in production as diverse museums in Germany are regularly selling it.
Bullyland just don't let 'normal' sellers sell it and do not deliver to them (I know this from a conversation with Urzeitshop).

I bought a second figure from Dejankins, so they must be willing to sell them somehow. He also had the Spinophorosaurus.

It may be, like the original blue Archaeopteryx, that it was produced for a particular museum, and then made available later.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: SBell on January 31, 2014, 01:58:43 PM
I bought a second figure from Dejankins, so they must be willing to sell them somehow. He also had the Spinophorosaurus.
[...]

I forget to mention that my new adquisitions (including Mojo's) are also from Dejankins.
I adquired many of my Bullyland's from Dejankins as well as my Procynosuchus.
I don't know if they have that rare figure everybody is talking about.
By the way, they are going to  have the thylacinus about march.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 31, 2014, 11:25:03 AM
Quote from: Seijun on January 25, 2014, 10:07:38 PM
omg empty shelves!

This is what I need right now. My collection has reached cancerous levels and it's beginning to metastasize. I'm going to have to make some very drastic, critical choices.

I'd be happy to clear out any chinasaurs you have to help make space. Our gift shop could sure use the inventory with a busy season coming up.

Bokisaurus

A herd of shapeways sauropods, a Baryonyx, and centrosaur joins my collection.
Amargasaurs (1:40) by Gorgonzola, the rest also in 1:40 except the Turiasaurus, by mb-cg
Beautiful figures with nice details and creative poses. CAn't wait o paint them :)
[

And the disappointing T-Rex from Safari Carnegie ( more about it's flaws in the 2014 thread)
[

sauroid

cool new ones Boki.
(the paint job on the mouth part of the Carnegie rex is totally off.)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: sauroid on February 02, 2014, 05:14:34 PM
the paint job on the mouth part is totally off.
Maybe he should return it to the store and ask for a replacement.

FUTABA

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 31, 2014, 11:25:03 AM
My collection has reached cancerous levels and it's beginning to metastasize.

I couldn't word my situation any better.
I really really like blue things.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Wow. In my opinion, in real life, the rex looks just like the press photo- crappy. Crappy by Carnegie standards, of course. Not by Geoworld or Schleich standards...but still.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Carnegie, get your rear in gear >:D

pascosaur

Battat Pachycephalosaurus on the top of the world * 8) 8) 8)

thank you Tyrantqueen
and do not worry the frenchies are very friendly with the little one ^-^

*the messy world of my collection!!!!!!!!!

tanystropheus

Recent haul:

CollectA

Attenborosaurus - The model is a must have for any hardcore plesiosaur fan. Very faithful and accurate model.
Ampelosaurus - The figure captures the essence of the following paleontological illustrations (down to the very hues):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AmpelosaurusDB.jpg
The titanosaurian sauropod features a remarkably elegant pose, nicely textured osteoderms and a complete lack of elephant feet ;)
Psittacosaurus - In a manner similar to most CollectA figures, the model actually looks a lot better in person (with significantly less texture/color warping in real life...to be honest, the figure has no such issues). When viewed from the side, the model appears to give the impression of an animal that is about to transition from sitting to bipedal posture (as hinted from one of the arm motions). It is  both compact and cute which seems fitting for the so-called "parrot lizard". Easily the best $3.50 spent on a dinosaur.
Kosmoceratops - A better-than-average representation of a now popular ceratopsian. CollectA made a peculiar decision to color the horns reddish. I decided to repaint the horns a dark, almost black-turquoise color to better reflect the color composition of the figure. For those on the fence, it might be prudent to wait another year to see whether or not Safari Ltd. will release a superior interpretation.

Wild Safari

Pachyrhinosaurus - An excellent model that is readily on par with Papo's representation. Wild Safari's version sports better colors and hue gradations than the Papo counterpart. The frills, keratin and bony structures that are characteristic of the dinosaur are more accurately represented in Safari's rendition. However, the Papo version has a more elegant pose, and better textures. They are similar in quality but Wild Safari's depiction is slightly more exciting, in my opinion.

Mojo

Hyaenodon
Entelodont

As newcomers to the prehistoric mammals market, Mojo's models are easily the champions. In general, companies tend to give their prehistoric mammals the backseat when it comes to texture quality, especially when compared to their own dinosaur efforts. Mojo's models are an exception in the realm of prehistoric mammals. There's a lot of love here, exceptional texture quality, ridiculous amount of fine details packed in, elegant but simple (nigh-neutral) poses, gorgeous paint application (no sloppiness to be found whatsoever, although the wash is a bit strong).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: