You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridureyu

Papo Pachycephalosaurus!

Hey, please help me if I'm wrong about this but is it true that we ONLY know this dinosaur from skull fragments?  That we have nothing of its body?  If so, have we found fossils from the bodies of similar dinosaurs?  How much conjecture is there for its body?  This isn't like Kaprosuchus, where we have living crocs...

Or I could be reading things wrong, haha.

EmperorDinobot

Another haul, another day:

Roselaar

Looking good! What's that Spinosaurus figure?

EmperorDinobot

That Spinosaurus figure appears to be memorabilia from JPIII. It says Amblin 2003 on the bottom and I've seen it on other people's JP collections. This one, however is missing a base.

Oh and to re-iterate. If anyone wants anything I post, let me know (unless it's JP or I say otherwise). I am really REALLY running out of space fast. My collection grew exponentially in the last year from a 1000 avg to 1300 avg according to the latest census, this census does not include Dinobots or Dinosaur robots.

Roselaar

Just got these in the mail:

They're not at all accurate, but I still like them. The Quetz is actually rather beautiful.

DinoToyForum

They look great, glad they found a happy home  8)

FUTABA

Got some new buddaroos acquired over Christmas and this year. Only just had the opportunity to take pics recently. So here goes -

From my recent trip to the NHM in London. I couldn't settle for one and break up a family.

(Baby Trike)

(Adolescent Trike)

(Big Daddy Trike)

(Trike family portrait)

Got this little Velo from Chester Zoo. I was disappointed to find out they only had them in the gift shop.

Got the two Flamingos in the middle from Chester Zoo too, the little finger puppet one I got in Waterstones (the book shop / library for scroungers such as myself) and the big one from Blackbrook Zoological Park (in Staffordshire by the way, lots of purdy birdies). Their names are (from left to right) - Fliss, Phoebe, Alejandro and Fruity. And according the the picture, they appear to be big fans of The Beatles.

Stuff I got for Christmas (thankyou Mr. Sandy Claws)

(An ornithologically insensitive shirt. Not sure if I should take offence)

(An emu puppet I named Logan (his sideburns remind me of Wolverine)

(Underwear with a picture of a Tyrannosaur wearing Shades, duplicated many times. Because just the one picture might have been too subtle)

(A book in the style of a fictional palaeontologist's old journal or somesuch. Very child oriented but quite charming and fun to be able to interact with it so much)

(A Favorite Co. Desktop 1/4 scale Allosaurus skull)

Some things I got from Ebay -

(Safari Gryposaurus. I love the detail on this guy, you can even see the fleshy hue in the nostrils and ears. Really well done)

(Safari Elasmosaurus. I'd been meaning to get this for so long, glad to have finally gotten it)

(Favorite Co. Plesiosaurus. Named him Oscar after my cat. I also have the first version one named Dillan, after Oscar's brother. Basically I like to render my cats as plesiosaurs at every given opportunity. I have also named a couple of Thalassiodracon specimens housed at the NHM after them)

(Finally got Bulldust. This completes my collection  of WWD3D mini figures)

(And this Tyrannosaurus brings me ever closer to completing my original WWD figure set. Just need the Ankylosaurus now)

Takara Tomy Allo / Stego twinset. They come with alternate tails too so they can either be joined with the Steg's Thagomizer piercing the Allo's tail, or just have them separately and uninjured. The Steg's alternate tail is a bit wobbly though and doesn't stay in it's socket)

And last but not least - A  rubber chicken...

...That poops an egg.
I really really like blue things.

DinoToyForum

Haha!  ;D Quite a haul. You should do a walkaround of that rubber chicken on the ATF  ;D

FUTABA

I might just have to. :P
It would give me an excuse to join the forum, as strange a reason as it may be. I've been meaning to join it. I've also been meaning to post more here, without much fruition. I don't really have much in the way of animal models that aren't prehistoric or Ave related though. But my girlfriend is crazy for apes and has quite a lot of primate toys. Might get her to join.

DinoToyForum

Ridureyu

Two!  Two new ones!

#1. Bullyland Velociraptor.  Not perfect, but CLOSER.

The Prometheus Engineer is the only humanoid figure I have in (more or less) the right scale for this.  VELOCIRAPTOR LAP PET!

#2. CollectA Cryolophosaurus

Yes, I know that the antarctic was temperate when this dinosaur lived, but its color scheme demanded a snowy background.  Unfortunately, my terrain piece has a LOT of those pegs, and I could not find an angle without any.  So one will have to do.

Well, my only CollectA pieces prior to this were their Cyclops and Cerberus, so it's nice to see the dinosaur.  Cryolophosaurus has trouble standing, but I really like him.

FUTABA

Quote from: Ridureyu on February 21, 2014, 08:00:47 AM

The Prometheus Engineer is the only humanoid figure I have in (more or less) the right scale for this.  VELOCIRAPTOR LAP PET!

For some reason I find this picture adorable.

Quote from: Ridureyu on February 21, 2014, 08:00:47 AM
Yes, I know that the antarctic was temperate when this dinosaur lived, but its color scheme demanded a snowy background.  Unfortunately, my terrain piece has a LOT of those pegs, and I could not find an angle without any.  So one will have to do.

I can imagine that peg being a discarded soda can left behind by a recent traveler, and the Cryolophosaurus is shedding a single tear at the sight of it, reminding him of the pollution threatening to scar his homeland.

Blade-of-the-Moon

A dab of putty or self hardening clay with a touch white paint should cover em up good.  Unless you plan on putting the dragon back on there.

EmperorDinobot

NICE! I have that same Velociraptor plush from Wild Republic and an Utahraptor. They are named Prowakalak and Kawampa respectively. I love them to death.

AAAAAnywho:

Once again i need some keen eyed observer to identify everything. And once again, every one of those dinos is on sale.
What are the hatching dinos from and what are those goofy smiley dinos from? I might keep the egg dinos 'coz they're so cute, but to be honest, I have no space. Take all you need (except for JP stuff).

FUTABA

The hatching dinos are by AAA. They should have the stamp on the underside. Not sure about the others though.

Interesting names for the drommy plushies. Do they have a specific meaning? I have a family of Wild Republic Utahraptors too, the fat one is called Mormon, I have a bendy one named Moab, and the baby one is called Ostrom.

I don't know what to name my fat Velociraptor plush yet. Any idea would be welcome. Again, I have a family of three of them, the bendy one is called Vivian (not the most imaginative), and the baby one is simply called Chicky (even less imaginative). They're freaking adorable.

EmperorDinobot

The names are random. I like to make up random names. I suggest you call the Fat Raptor something like um... Big Louie or something. :D Or Glahudraluk. GlAh-Hoo-Drah-Look.

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: Ridureyu on February 18, 2014, 07:54:46 AM
Papo Pachycephalosaurus!

Hey, please help me if I'm wrong about this but is it true that we ONLY know this dinosaur from skull fragments?  That we have nothing of its body?  If so, have we found fossils from the bodies of similar dinosaurs?  How much conjecture is there for its body?  This isn't like Kaprosuchus, where we have living crocs...

Or I could be reading things wrong, haha.

There is a skeleton of Pachycephalosaurus known; I think the Carnegie Museum has it now. It has yet to be officially described, but it was found by commercial fossil hunter Mike Triebold and there are casts of it in many museums. And there are at least two very complete skulls known.

Also, there are fairly complete skeletons for Stegoceras and Homalocephale.

Ridureyu

I got the Irritator.

I really, really really hope that in real life, it made really annoying noises.  Like a loud honk or something.

Everything_Dinosaur

Nice dinosaur scene, big thumbs up for this.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: