You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 09, 2014, 05:34:37 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on March 09, 2014, 04:54:36 AM
Quote from: SBell on March 07, 2014, 01:57:30 PM
Quote from: sauroid on March 07, 2014, 06:57:15 AM
for a first ever figure of Ichthyo, i guess this would do for now til Carnegie and  Favorite (or even Papo) make their own version someday.
Safari might do it, but they did just make Suchomimus, and still need to redo Spinosaurus.

What's wrong with the Safari Ltd. Spinosaurus? I thought it was the 'definitive' version. Unless, Safari happens to update all their models periodically, regardless.

Your thinking of the Carnegie Spinosaurus I'm sure.

They are referring to the Wild Safari Spinosaurus.  Not nearly as bad as the Suchomimus was though..this was actually one of the better mass market spinosaurus replicas for a long while.
Although they're both ugly, I think the Wild Safari Spinosaurus is worse than their old Suchomimus. Its hands are messed up (four fingers instead of three, and it seems to have opposable thumbs..)

Ridureyu

I got myself the Wild Safari Pachyrhinosaurus, which has a much less-embarrassing name than the Vagaceratops.

By the way, which of these images is the best?  I can't seem to decide.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 09, 2014, 06:18:52 AM
for a first ever figure of Ichthyo, i guess this would do for now til Carnegie and  Favorite (or even Papo) make their own version someday.
Safari might do it, but they did just make Suchomimus, and still need to redo Spinosaurus.

What's wrong with the Safari Ltd. Spinosaurus? I thought it was the 'definitive' version. Unless, Safari happens to update all their models periodically, regardless.

They are referring to the Wild Safari Spinosaurus.  Not nearly as bad as the Suchomimus was though..this was actually one of the better mass market spinosaurus replicas for a long while.
Although they're both ugly, I think the Wild Safari Spinosaurus is worse than their old Suchomimus. Its hands are messed up (four fingers instead of three, and it seems to have opposable thumbs..)

Really ? I see some detail in the old Spino , yeah it has four fingers on close inspection..but it still basically looks like a spinosaurus. The old Sucho if I can call it that, deserved to be chucked in bins at 1.00 stores at best. ;)

sauroid

@Ridureyu: i like the last pic.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

EmperorDinobot

I know, my room is am mess. Humans are on sale.

SBell

I didn't think I'd have to be specific anymore--Carnegie is not Wild Safari. It is an association. When collectors talk about the Safari figures, we mean the Wild Safari Dinos & Prehistoric Life series, not the Carnegie Collection. If I meant Carnegie, I would have said Carnegie. The two lines generally have no real bearing on each other--new Brachiosaurus and Tyrannosaurus were both released by the companies only a few years apart.

FUTABA

I really really like blue things.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 09, 2014, 07:25:59 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 09, 2014, 06:18:52 AM

Really ? I see some detail in the old Spino , yeah it has four fingers on close inspection..but it still basically looks like a spinosaurus. The old Sucho if I can call it that, deserved to be chucked in bins at 1.00 stores at best. ;)
Yep really.

tanystropheus

Quote from: SBell on March 09, 2014, 03:07:19 PM

I didn't think I'd have to be specific anymore--Carnegie is not Wild Safari. It is an association. When collectors talk about the Safari figures, we mean the Wild Safari Dinos & Prehistoric Life series, not the Carnegie Collection. If I meant Carnegie, I would have said Carnegie. The two lines generally have no real bearing on each other--new Brachiosaurus and Tyrannosaurus were both released by the companies only a few years apart.

Yeah, I kind of forgot about the Wild Safari Spinosaurus. I guess they can remake it. Hopefully, it's an improvement over the recently released Suchomimus .

tanystropheus

Yes, I was definitely thinking about the Carnegie Spinosaurus. Oops.

Bokisaurus

Nice additions everyone ;)
Latest to join my collection are these WWD 3D figures

I think I'm just now missing the pterosaur ( parkosaurus is on it's way, got lost)

These trio comes with bases and are slightly larger than the boxed set

FUTABA

I'd never seen those in triple packs before, except for the Pachys. And I'd also never seen the ones with bases before. Didn't know they existed. Where did you get them?

SBell

It's sort of like the 'tubes' that were in Canadian TRU. They had 6 figures in each--but both had a Patchi, and left out Quetzalcoatlus entirely. Fortunately I was able to ac

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 09, 2014, 10:05:33 PM
Quote from: SBell on March 09, 2014, 03:07:19 PM

Yeah, I kind of forgot about the Wild Safari Spinosaurus. I guess they can remake it. Hopefully, it's an improvement over the recently released Suchomimus .
Improvement ? I think the new one is a 1000x better than the old one.  It has issues other similar toys have but overall it's a stellar piece that actually looks like what it's supposed to be.

Takama

I Personally think Safari should make a new Spinosaurus for there Wild Safari Line.

Not because it needs improvement, but because I see all of the Wild Safari Figures released from 2007-today as a completely different line then the models released  before then.  The old Spinosaurus was made in 2001, so it would not enter my collection.

sauroid

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 09, 2014, 11:36:30 PM

I think I'm just now missing the pterosaur ( parkosaurus is on it's way, got lost)

are these WWD figures the same items in the blind bags, but marketed differently?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on March 10, 2014, 07:50:10 AM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 09, 2014, 11:36:30 PM

are these WWD figures the same items in the blind bags, but marketed differently?

They are the same figures. As far as I know, the blind bags never came to North America.

sauroid

thanks SBell

Gwangi

Didn't think I would be adding this one to the collection anytime soon but here it is, a little scuffed up but the price was right.

FUTABA

For some reason I've always wanted the Schleich Kronosaurus, regardless of the fact it looks like a dog's tongue. It has a sort of pathetic quality that makes it adorable.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: