You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorgonzola

They came out pretty great!  I love the color scheme Martin chose for them, it compliments the models really well.
IG: @asidesart
Portfolio: asidesart.com
Patreon (Mostly non-dinosaur stuff and illustration): patreon.com/asidesart

Takama

OMG ITS MY FIRST MUSEUM EXCLUSIVE FIGURE!

Special thanks to Dean Walker of DeJankins.

UK

I think Dean has a number of these for his loyal customers. Great piece and knowing Dean, great price.

Good catch Takama

Roselaar

Received these today: JP III Kaiyodo figures:

Now to get this set complete...

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on March 13, 2014, 07:11:24 PM
OMG ITS MY FIRST MUSEUM EXCLUSIVE FIGURE!

Special thanks to Dean Walker of DeJankins.

Congrats !

Blade-of-the-Moon

Whew..just finished unpacking. I can certainly say this... HAUL !!!!!!

Donations to our Fossil Dig Site here at the Dino Park thanks to a VERY generous contributor who prefers to remain nameless.

T-Rex maxilla

Tarbosaurus Bataar / Tyrannosaurus Bataar eggs

I know we have a T-Rex tooth here..maybe an Albertosaurus / Gorgosaurus ( black one ) , a T-Rex braincast ? and I'm not sure on the egg and other teeth..maybe Carcharodontosaurus ? Any help is appreciated.

Gallimimus head plaque in 1:1 scale I believe. The back has info but is in french..I believe it says the National Museum of Paris ? If anyone knows who the artist is or has any more info I would appreciate it.

Velociraptor skull..not sure of the manufacturer

Yutyrannus

Tooth on the far left is a Giganotosaurus tooth.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Ikessauro

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2014, 01:47:01 AM

:o :o :o :o

Wow, that IS a HAUL, alright! I wish I was that lucky to get stuff like this donated to me! Your park sure got great additions!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 14, 2014, 01:50:51 AM

Cool. I thought it might be a Carcharodontosaur given it's Allosaur look.  Do you have a pic of a similar replica or the fossil it was cast from by any chance ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ikessauro on March 14, 2014, 01:53:14 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2014, 01:47:01 AM

:o :o :o :o

Wow, that IS a HAUL, alright! I wish I was that lucky to get stuff like this donated to me! Your park sure got great additions!

I had to pay shipping ,which wasn't cheap, but the kids that visit here are going to learn so much ! We might even be getting field trips soon !

amargasaurus cazaui

Pair of eggs are definitely Bataar as you stated. The single object, I assume the egg? is what you were questioning.Without knowing the length, I would say from the shell pattern and so forth its likely a cast of an oviraptor or citipatti egg.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 14, 2014, 02:04:54 AM
Pair of eggs are definitely Bataar as you stated. The single object, I assume the egg? is what you were questioning.Without knowing the length, I would say from the shell pattern and so forth its likely a cast of an oviraptor or citipatti egg.

It is 5 x 2 " .  I would think Oviraptor is likely as this lot is sort of 90's early 2000's .

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2014, 02:24:12 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 14, 2014, 02:04:54 AM

It is 5 x 2 " .  I would think Oviraptor is likely as this lot is sort of 90's early 2000's .
The timing is not so much an issue, because many of the eggs found earlier have had to be reassigned based on new possibilities. The length is key however......and oviraptor eggs tend to be smaller in length than citipatti eggs and narrower. Check my egg thread for a few pictures to compare and you will note the similar shell pattern, shape and ornamentation.  My guess without seeing a better picture would be as you suggested, oviraptor.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2014, 02:00:20 AM

Cool. I thought it might be a Carcharodontosaur given it's Allosaur look.  Do you have a pic of a similar replica or the fossil it was cast from by any chance ?
Nope, saw one a while ago but don't have to picture anymore.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 14, 2014, 04:17:04 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2014, 02:00:20 AM

Nope, saw one a while ago but don't have to picture anymore.

not a problem, found one. :)

darth daniel

Finally found Carnegie´s Dilophosaurs as a pair. They´ve become pretty rare... Unfortunately the upright figure is missing the tip of its tail which was not visible in the pictures on ebay. >:( They look better in person than they do in photos as they are smaller than I had expected.

EmperorDinobot

Sorry Darth, those are on me. I now realize by looking at mine that yours has that defect. Don't choke me plz.

PS. How did they become so rare? I remember at this one point in time they really were not

I got one of those rare JPIII Posable Raptors. For the right price, it is yours. It's got some play rubs on it.

darth daniel

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 14, 2014, 11:29:28 AM
Sorry Darth, those are on me. I now realize by looking at mine that yours has that defect. Don't choke me plz.

PS. How did they become so rare? I remember at this one point in time they really were not

I got one of those rare JPIII Posable Raptors. For the right price, it is yours. It's got some play rubs on it.

No worries! ;) Replied to your PM.

I don´t know how, but several of the Carnegies seem to have become very rare. I had to look for the Dilophos for several months on ebay, just like the Deltadromeus. Neither can be found at any online stores anymore.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

No, it's not. A Giga tooth would be 8 in. long, and not have that black color.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: