You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Takama

Received 10 Geoworld Dinosaurs today.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..that's quite  a bit. congrats !

Takama

You can see them in my Geoworld Thread.

I will be posting two of them per day, http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1500.0

I also got a old outdated Book with interesting pictures for a very cheap price,

Special thanks to this Post on Love in time of Chasmosaurus

http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/vintage-dinosaur-art-age-of-dinosaurs.html

Blade-of-the-Moon

I love that book. The photos are worth the price even if the info is old.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 25, 2014, 01:43:22 AM
I love that book. The photos are worth the price even if the info is old.

I agree, I have this book, too, and I love it! Today this little guy arrived:

Extraordinary!

Himmapaan

That actually looks quite nice, Stefan (for what it is). Have you any more details about it?

Libraraptor

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 25, 2014, 08:01:30 PM
That actually looks quite nice, Stefan (for what it is). Have you any more details about it?

Not yet. It´s a Schleich Allosaurus without paint. Either someone de-coloured it or it is a kind of prototype or something. Blackdanter probably knows more.

Patrx

I'll probably post a big update in my own collection thread sometime soon, as I'm way behind - but here's some of my newer stuff!

Troodon
Sculpted by David Krentz
Painted by Martin Garratt

Dilophosaurus (1/15 version)
Fauna Casts collection by Malcolm Mlodoch
Painted by Martin Garratt

Himmapaan

Congratulations, Patrick! Those are fantastic.

verinnius

Those are both great, Patrx!  The feathers on the Troodon are very nice.

Patrx

Thanks! The Troodon is currently my favorite model.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..that's some beautiful work ! Has Malcolm seen the Dilo yet ?

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 26, 2014, 11:57:58 PM

I sent a picture to him via private message, but have yet to receive a response.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on March 27, 2014, 04:02:59 AM

I sent a picture to him via private message, but have yet to receive a response.

He was on fb earlier for a few minutes. I shared your pic on his wall..not sure if he saw it though.

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2014, 04:55:41 AM

He was on fb earlier for a few minutes. I shared your pic on his wall..not sure if he saw it though.

I'm sure he'll spot it eventually! I think the piece turned out really well overall. It's quite big, very dynamic, and seems especially lifelike in person.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on March 27, 2014, 05:08:05 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 27, 2014, 04:55:41 AM

I'm sure he'll spot it eventually! I think the piece turned out really well overall. It's quite big, very dynamic, and seems especially lifelike in person.

Agreed ! I really like the sculpt and paint apps myself . Would be neat on say..a 1:1 version eh ? ;)

Nebuloid

Wow amazing Troodon and ( my favourite dinosaur) , Dilophosaurus.

Here's my recent "acquisition" :

[/URL]

Deinonychus !

Libraraptor

Beautiful, simply beautiful! Nebuloid! I think we even had a "Tattoos" thread somewhere, or haven´t we?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: