You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Nice, but what are you going to do when the scientific thinking changes and they give it a hump, or fins?????

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ikessauro

Quote from: Simon on March 27, 2014, 08:59:52 PM
Nice, but what are you going to do when the scientific thinking changes and they give it a hump, or fins?????

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's why you should only tattoo very well known fossil bones. hehe

postsaurischian

Quote from: Patrx on March 26, 2014, 06:25:46 PM

:D Awesome! Congratulations!
To me the Krentz Troodon is the model of the year 2013.
Yours is also very beautifully painted by Martin - nice colours!

Patrx

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 27, 2014, 09:36:29 PM
Quote from: Patrx on March 26, 2014, 06:25:46 PM

:D Awesome! Congratulations!
To me the Krentz Troodon is the model of the year 2013.
Yours is also very beautifully painted by Martin - nice colours!

Thanks! I'm inclined to agree with you there. The pose, the feathers - it's a remarkable sculpt. Glad you like the colors! I sent Martin photographs of the Asian fairy bluebird and the blue pitta for reference, and was very happy with the result.

0thebigwytec5

Got a package in the mail today with possibly one of the best items I've ever bought. Just simply beautiful. Built and painted by the talented Martin Garratt.

If I get brave in the spring, I'll take him outside for some dinorama shots :)

1:1 LW Compy

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks GREAT !  Grant has bigger problems than a T-Rex now... lol

tyrantqueen

I got three new books- A family of Dinosaurs, by John Bindon, The Dinosaur Atlas by Don Lessem, and The Hot-Blooded Dinosaurs, by Adrian J. Desmond

^ Anyone else think the Tyrannosaurus rex on the front cover holding the earth in his hands is unintentionally adorable? Like he's plotting world domination or something  >:D Also, I love John Bindon's artwork and I think he is very underrated as an artist.

amargasaurus cazaui

I was wandering through my collection the other day and I noticed that I am sauropod rich, and loaded with psittacosaurs, and all the spaces in between are crammed with oviraptors, however I seem to have a paucity of theropods. So my first attempt to resolve that problem......originally courtesy of Tyrannt Queen, and with a short stop off to vist Martin at his shop.....CM studios Ceratosaurus !!!!

The assembly work was done by Tyrannt queen, and Martin finished the model, painted and based it.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice haul ! I'm actually overly rich in theropods.. lol

Must be a day for Martin pieces..I just received my Spinosaurus from him today !

Libraraptor

Great hauls, everybody! Love the Troodon, Compy and good old Ceratosaurus!
As for myself, I just recently got an unpainted Invicta-ish Schleich Allosaurus and the Tamba Titanosaur softmodel. If anyone is interested, I´ve posted them in the Libraraptor´s Collection - thread.

And at last I ordered new Bullyland Europasaurus, a nice Sauropod to accompany their Spinophorosaurus!

Bokisaurus

Nice additions everyone!
Arrived today, and I am super excited! Thank you again Libraraptor for the help :)
[

And Safari's ammonite also reached my shores today ^-^

Happy hunting everyone  ;)

Takama

Yesterday I got a brand new Camera to take pictures with.

I also got another Geoworld Figure(Yes, im a fanatic with those now)

that Picture  was taken with the new Camera

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 28, 2014, 01:16:42 PM
I was wandering through my collection the other day and I noticed that I am sauropod rich, and loaded with psittacosaurs, and all the spaces in between are crammed with oviraptors, however I seem to have a paucity of theropods. So my first attempt to resolve that problem......originally courtesy of Tyrannt Queen, and with a short stop off to vist Martin at his shop.....CM studios Ceratosaurus !!!!

The assembly work was done by Tyrannt queen, and Martin finished the model, painted and based it.

It's looking great :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Thanks TQ, I think Martin did a solid job of finishing the dinosaur and getting a nice base for it put together . I am excited it came out so nicely and thanks for your help as well.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

Been to a museum today, and I came out of the gift shop with a giant Geoworld T-Rex Skeleton.
While I was out I got a Geoworld Stegosaurus At Hobby lobby(It was coupon day) When I came home I got a package in the mail with four White Stegosaurs. I bought them because I like the color scheme that's on them, but I Only wanted one. These came straight from China, and im afraid to give one to My Mothers Boyfriend Kids because of it.

docronnie

Congrats on your awesome acquisitions!  :)

Here's mine:

Need help from Roselar regarding its specific identification.  TIA!

Finally completed the Furuta dinos...

This one is a Kaiyodo Field Museum of Natural History T. rex.  I think it is Sue.  Need more help in the details.  TIA.

TFL! :) :) :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Roselaar

Quote from: docronnie on March 30, 2014, 04:53:12 AM

Which one, the little T-Rex or all of these? That Rex came with the JP III Wave 1 Military General figure, but I can identify pretty much all of the figures you posted here if needs be.  ;)

docronnie

Quote from: Roselaar on March 30, 2014, 04:47:55 PM
Quote from: docronnie on March 30, 2014, 04:53:12 AM

Which one, the little T-Rex or all of these? That Rex came with the JP III Wave 1 Military General figure, but I can identify pretty much all of the figures you posted here if needs be.  ;)

Thanks Blade!

Thanks Roselaar!  Need help on all the JP III figures and the T. rex from the Field Museum of Natural History.  TIA!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

sauroid

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 28, 2014, 12:50:13 PM
I got three new books- A family of Dinosaurs, by John Bindon, The Dinosaur Atlas by Don Lessem, and The Hot-Blooded Dinosaurs, by Adrian J. Desmond

^ Anyone else think the Tyrannosaurus rex on the front cover holding the earth in his hands is unintentionally adorable? Like he's plotting world domination or something  >:D Also, I love John Bindon's artwork and I think he is very underrated as an artist.
TQ, is the last book worth getting?

and very cool new figures 0thebigwyteC5, amargasaurus cazaui (awesome Ceratosaurus) and boki (hope to get that Protochirotherium soon)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: