You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Excellent hauls everyone!  :)

Very nice Ammonite, Roselaar!  Congrats on your spiny Augustinia, Ridureyu!  :)

Some recent catches (yesterday and today):

Disney Dinosaur Electronic Talking Kron - 2000

Univerasl Studios Japan Coca Cola Jurassic Park - The Ride

Univerasl Studios Japan Jurassic Park - The Ride 3rd Anniversary Universal Pin Trading III

Kaiyodo Coca Cola Jurassic Park III Triceratops

Capcom Dino Expo 2009 The Miracle of Deserts Gigantoraptor 03 - 2009

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Siamotyrannus SP03 Orange version - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Dinosaur Expo 2002 limited edition figure Acrocanthosaurus (?) - I might be wrong, since it has a different paint scheme.  Does anybody know what this is specifically? Underneath it says "Kaiyodo 2002 057 UHA".

TIA and TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

tyrantqueen

I never noticed the subtle shade of blue on that Acro before. Kaiyodo factory paintjobs really rock :)

alexeratops

Quote from: Roselaar on April 12, 2014, 03:56:17 PM
Just picked this one up:

Pretty cool Ammonite. A bit smaller than expected though.

Amazing! Very cool!
like a bantha!

brandem

hey all I don't usually add here but recently I got ahold of some krentz from the antideluvian set.  I didn't look at the measurements before I ordered but wow they are tiny, and while that's a little bit of a bummer I am constantly impressed how much detail was imparted on such a small scale.  So since he's done here's my afrovenator.  A marvel no-prize to the person who guesses what extant reptile the paint is based on:

SBell

Quote from: brandem on April 13, 2014, 09:44:34 PM
hey all I don't usually add here but recently I got ahold of some krentz from the antideluvian set.  I didn't look at the measurements before I ordered but wow they are tiny, and while that's a little bit of a bummer I am constantly impressed how much detail was imparted on such a small scale.  So since he's done here's my afrovenator.  A marvel no-prize to the person who guesses what extant reptile the paint is based on:

Leopard gecko!

Very nice by the way.

sauroid

looks like leopard gecko spots
EDIT-awww SBell got it
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

brandem

Quote from: SBell on April 13, 2014, 11:14:16 PM
Quote from: sauroid on April 13, 2014, 11:25:23 PM
looks like leopard gecko spots
EDIT-awww SBell got it
Leopard gecko!

Very nice by the way.
right on, everyone s a winner heh

alexeratops

Lucky, you have a gecko. :))
like a bantha!

SBell

Quote from: docronnie on April 13, 2014, 07:39:01 PM

[/URL]
Kaiyodo Dinotales Dinosaur Expo 2002 limited edition figure Acrocanthosaurus (?) - I might be wrong, since it has a different paint scheme.  Does anybody know what this is specifically? Underneath it says "Kaiyodo 2002 057 UHA".

As you noted, it is a different colour than the usual purple one from series 3. It was repainted in it's light-coloured form for the Dino Expo in 2002 (along with a red Seismosaurus, Seismosaurus skeleton, Blue Deinonychus (also a repaint from Series 3) and a different coloured Stegosaurus (repainted from series 2).

Kaiyodo seems to like repainting it's big theropods in a white form as special releases (see also, the S2 Allosaurus, and the S1 Tyrannosaurus, which has been repainted several times).

Although they all seem to vary--mine lacks the bluish tinge:

Although comparing now, it really looks like a completely different 3rd scheme (purple here):

Mine came from a 5-piece box set; I'm wondering if the very white one comes from the 7-piece set that I have seen, which includes Ankylosaurus (a repainted S3 Saichania) and an Acrocanthosaurus skeleton. I don't know if the colour is different on the Acrocanthosaurus.

docronnie

docronnie

Quote from: SBell on April 14, 2014, 02:51:39 AM

As you noted, it is a different colour than the usual purple one from series 3. It was repainted in it's light-coloured form for the Dino Expo in 2002 (along with a red Seismosaurus, Seismosaurus skeleton, Blue Deinonychus (also a repaint from Series 3) and a different coloured Stegosaurus (repainted from series 2).

Kaiyodo seems to like repainting it's big theropods in a white form as special releases (see also, the S2 Allosaurus, and the S1 Tyrannosaurus, which has been repainted several times).

Although they all seem to vary--mine lacks the bluish tinge:

Although comparing now, it really looks like a completely different 3rd scheme (purple here):

Mine came from a 5-piece box set; I'm wondering if the very white one comes from the 7-piece set that I have seen, which includes Ankylosaurus (a repainted S3 Saichania) and an Acrocanthosaurus skeleton. I don't know if the colour is different on the Acrocanthosaurus.

Ok! Thanks Sbell for the clarification.  I only relied on brontodocus' Kaiyodo reference, wherein I did not find this color scheme. BTW aside from the bluish tinge, the top color of the Acro is somewhat orangy and the tip of the tail is red.

I got this loose, but someone else got the Saichania and Seismosaurus. The seller showed them to me, they were reserved. I missed them by a few hours, since I had to finish the Pacquiao-Bradley fight!!

Anyway, this might be from the 7pc set as you mentioned.

CityRaptor

[/URL]

There is also the white Version of the S4 Tarbosaurus, which has a very similar colorscheme:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/01/30/tarbosaurus-kaiyodo-dinotales-series-4/
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jetoar

Wonderful new acquisitiosn friends. These are my last acquisitions ^-^.

Finally I have the WWD Liopleurodon in my hands. I have been looking since 10 years. I cry of happiness  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

sauroid

whoah awesome Jetoar. i love that sol90 gorilla!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

EmperorDinobot

Is there a company out there that makes models of prehistoric primates? I don't mean the usual things we're accustomed to like australopiths and gigantopithecus or other extant forms, but extinct forms such as Teilhardina or Darwinius and stuff like that?

Jetoar

Quote from: sauroid on April 14, 2014, 01:57:40 PM
whoah awesome Jetoar. i love that sol90 gorilla!

Thanks friend  ^-^. It is a nice replica  ^-^.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 14, 2014, 03:04:13 PM
Is there a company out there that makes models of prehistoric primates? I don't mean the usual things we're accustomed to like australopiths and gigantopithecus or other extant forms, but extinct forms such as Teilhardina or Darwinius and stuff like that?

I dont know very well  :-\.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stoneage

I don't think so.  Figures of mammals from the Early Eocene are rare.  Darwinius would be great in a 1/1 scale as it weighed less then 2 pounds. Teilhardina at an ounce would make a great dinotails figure. 

CityRaptor

If you think about it, more than two thirds of mammal evolution are nearly uncovered as figures. Instead companies opt for stuff that is basically a hairier and/ or bigger Version of modern mammals, which are pretty much covered anyways.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Great acquisitions everyone! :)

That white Acrocanthosaurus is new to me. Any pictures of that 7-piece set per chance? I hadn't heard of it yet.

SBell

Quote from: stoneage on April 14, 2014, 04:34:49 PM

I don't think so.  Figures of mammals from the Early Eocene are rare.  Darwinius would be great in a 1/1 scale as it weighed less then 2 pounds. Teilhardina at an ounce would make a great dinotails figure.

Tetonius and Henkelotherium were part of the NHK set by Yujin, and the former is a Paleogene primate. Sadly, it was one of the few not re-released with the gashapon version.

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 14, 2014, 06:45:37 AM

[/URL]

There is also the white Version of the S4 Tarbosaurus, which has a very similar colorscheme:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/01/30/tarbosaurus-kaiyodo-dinotales-series-4/

I'd forgotten that one--again, a chase figure in the set. They like their special light versions of large theropods! I'm surprised the Spinosaurus from Series 5 Dinotales wasn't released elsewhere as a white figure.

Quote from: Roselaar on April 14, 2014, 08:43:43 PM
Great acquisitions everyone! :)

That white Acrocanthosaurus is new to me. Any pictures of that 7-piece set per chance? I hadn't heard of it yet.

I can't seem to find a good picture of the set together. I did a Google search and came up with this. It has 6 of them from a seller (but some of the auctions are no longer present).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: