You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Creative Beasts Studio - Built and Painted by Martin Garratt

The color scheme comes from this painting. I know it's really bright for a theropod, most people don't picture them like this, but this is a matter of nostalgia to me. This painting is what made Dilophosaurus my favorite dinosaur.

Blade-of-the-Moon

No problem with it, it really stands out !  Maybe it's venomous ?  ;)

DinoLord

After years of searching....

He came with a little friend:

Here they are with some more friends:

Now I'm only three away from completing the collection... ???

(Fixed post from earlier)

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: SBell on April 17, 2014, 01:58:59 PM
Yes its true, it looks like this:

But it can be harder to come by--like the Cambrian and Vendian figures, it wasn't re-released.

Dear God. It's a Potto! If anyone has one, I would like to purchase it from you.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 17, 2014, 06:38:23 PM
Creative Beasts Studio - Built and Painted by Martin Garratt

:o :D Wow! Patrick - that's awesome! Congrats!

darth daniel

Unless I´ve forgotten one, I got the last out-of-production Carnegie dinosaur missing from my collection. Which means there´s a realistic chance that one day I´ll have the complete Carnegie collection (not counting the mammals). ^-^

sauroid

the classic Carnegie Plateosaurus. congrats.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

darth daniel

Quote from: sauroid on April 18, 2014, 03:18:39 PM

Thanks! :)

I wish they released a new Plateosaurus in more modern-thinking walking pose, maybe even in a larger scale.

Ikessauro

Thanks Postsaurischian! Martin did a great job in my Dilophosaurus!

Quote from: darth daniel on April 18, 2014, 02:40:36 PM
Unless I´ve forgotten one, I got the last out-of-production Carnegie dinosaur missing from my collection. Which means there´s a realistic chance that one day I´ll have the complete Carnegie collection (not counting the mammals). ^-^

I think that if you wanna have a complete Carnegie Collection you have to count the mammals in. There's no such thing as choosing what is or is not a complete collection. If so, then I'll say that my sideshow collection is complete (not counting the maquette statues and dioramas) because I have only the Christmas Brachiosaur ornament. I think that the only exception to this rule is the Toyway WWD original set, with the Ornithocheirus not being part of the set as it was not really released. As far as Carnegie collection goes, every model was widely available for more or less long periods of time. So in my opinion you don't have a complete Carnegie Collection, you have most of it, minus mammals. I'm sorry if I went too much off topic. I guess we could even create a separate topic for this matter.

Blackdanter

Quote from: docronnie on April 13, 2014, 07:39:01 PM

Kaiyodo Dinotales Dinosaur Expo 2002 limited edition figure Acrocanthosaurus (?) - I might be wrong, since it has a different paint scheme.  Does anybody know what this is specifically? Underneath it says "Kaiyodo 2002 057 UHA".

It's not the expo version. Yours is the collector book version. There are two (possibly three!) white variants. When stood together, the book and expo versions actually look quite different despite the white body colour.  ;)

Blackdanter

Quote from: SBell on April 14, 2014, 02:51:39 AM

Although comparing now, it really looks like a completely different 3rd scheme (purple here):

Mine came from a 5-piece box set; I'm wondering if the very white one comes from the 7-piece set that I have seen, which includes Ankylosaurus (a repainted S3 Saichania) and an Acrocanthosaurus skeleton. I don't know if the colour is different on the Acrocanthosaurus.

The figure from the 7 piece set may account for the third variant then Sean. Japanese collectors insist that there are three white variants, something I found confusing until I saw the version from the 5 piece set and the book figure together. The third must be the more ghostly grey version sometimes seen on Ebay. ;O)

Bokisaurus

Nice addition everyone!
Well, I finally got the first group of new CollectA figures. They are all nicely done, and Carcharodontosaurus is fast becoming one of my favorite figure.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: darth daniel on April 18, 2014, 03:28:22 PM
Quote from: sauroid on April 18, 2014, 03:18:39 PM

Thanks! :)

I wish they released a new Plateosaurus in more modern-thinking walking pose, maybe even in a larger scale.
Add it to the list of species that Carnegie already needs to re-do.. >:D

Zhuchengotyrant

Icthyovenator! 8) :o ;) :D

Please fix moderators
-Zhuchengotyrant

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 18, 2014, 07:41:56 PM
Nice addition everyone!
Well, I finally got the first group of new CollectA figures. They are all nicely done, and Carcharodontosaurus is fast becoming one of my favorite figure.

It's things like this that make me really fed up with the Canadian supplier--they likely won't have anything at all for several more months. >:(

CityRaptor

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 18, 2014, 05:34:24 PM
I think that if you wanna have a complete Carnegie Collection you have to count the mammals in. There's no such thing as choosing what is or is not a complete collection.

And this is why I will never be a completist for most lines. The Mammals.

Behold now, my newest acquisitions: Stories of God(zilla) and the Devil (Dinosaur)

Most of this I got online via eBay. The DVD contains a documentary known as "Tyrannosaurus Sex".
I got the Beast Wars Source Book in my local comic store. I was the only guy in line who did not buy a MLP Comic. Got odd looks from the Equine Enthusiasts. And yes, it contains Dinosaur Transformers.  Sadly the guy on the cover is not included.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on April 18, 2014, 09:13:58 PM
Icthyovenator! 8) :o ;) :D

Please fix moderators

You need to include the full url to the images, ending in the image file suffix. Usually .jpg.  I don't know what they are so I can't help.

brandem

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 18, 2014, 11:27:43 PM

heck yes devil dinosaur, now that's who needs to show up in avengers

amargasaurus cazaui

Wasn't devil dinosaur a member of the avengers pets team?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Jetoar

Wonderful acquistions, Collecta have done a great work this year  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: