You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on May 15, 2014, 03:15:31 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 15, 2014, 11:26:26 AM
What is "Reign of the Dinosaurs" like? Is it worth getting?

Love in Time of Chasmosaurus did a review of it

http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/2012/01/vintage-dinosaur-art-reign-of-dinosaurs.html
I know, but I was asking for his opinion, not LitToC's.

sauroid

great new acquisitions people
here are some of my new ones
a classic wild safari Stegosaurus (diff variant)

Wild Safari Pterosaur

an unknown Triceratops (if anyone knows who made this, would appreciate any info)

last but not the least, the Bullyland Procynosuchus (from a generous gentleman :) )

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

postsaurischian

Quote from: sauroid on May 16, 2014, 01:15:44 PM
an unknown Triceratops (if anyone knows who made this, would appreciate any info)

The Triceratops is made by Yujin for the 'Dino Museum II' series.
I like the Procynosuchus pics :).

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

amargasaurus cazaui

New "UMF Special Edition Ceratopsian".

[/
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 17, 2014, 03:07:17 AM
New "UMF Special Edition Ceratopsian".

:D He, he ... now it's a great figure.
I admit I don't like the original version.
Another garrattized proof of the power of colours!

Takama

is that really a Special edition, or just a Artists Repaint?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Takama on May 17, 2014, 06:18:28 AM
is that really a Special edition, or just a Artists Repaint?

UMF Models = Martin Garratt ;)

Roselaar

Got these in earlier this week, but didn't have time to assemble them. Tedco's re-released prehistoric figures, quite a lovely bunch:

The Tyrannosaurus is not a Tyrannosaurus though, Tedco. It has too many fingers.

I sincerely hope the other figures that didn't get a re-release will follow soon.

Gwangi

Interesting assortment of critters. How does one go about getting these Roselaar?

Crackington

Quote from: Roselaar on May 17, 2014, 01:53:06 PM

The Tyrannosaurus is not a Tyrannosaurus though, Tedco. It has too many fingers.

This came up before on the Forum, with a strong suspicion that Tedco had mixed up the T-Rex and Giganotosaurus when they released them originally. Both Sean Bell and I certainly got the figures that way (i.e. the two fingered, rather skinny figure, labelled the Giganoto and the Allosaur-like figure labelled the Rex):

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=716.0

Could they be  repeating the error?

Roselaar

Quote from: Gwangi on May 17, 2014, 10:32:32 PM
Interesting assortment of critters. How does one go about getting these Roselaar?

If you're in the USA or Canada, you can but they from Tedco's website:

http://www.tedcotoys.com/p/prehistoric-life

If not, you might find a fellow forum member from that area to help you out, or trade them with other members who happen to have doubles (I have some, for example  ;)).

Quote from: Crackington on May 18, 2014, 01:18:32 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 17, 2014, 01:53:06 PM

This came up before on the Forum, with a strong suspicion that Tedco had mixed up the T-Rex and Giganotosaurus when they released them originally. Both Sean Bell and I certainly got the figures that way (i.e. the two fingered, rather skinny figure, labelled the Giganoto and the Allosaur-like figure labelled the Rex):

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=716.0

Could they be  repeating the error?

Looks like. Thanks for pointing me towards that old thread, I was still unsure about what figures were missing. Let's hope we'll see the likes of Tropeognathus and Desmatosuchus again too. :)

amargasaurus cazaui

Limited edition Epic Forest Rex

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

wow that Carnegie rex looks so much better now.

Simon

Re:  Epic Forest Rex

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Martin is doing one for me right now, too, another "Epic Forest TRex" (not the Carnegie however) that I customized quite heavily.

Stay tuned ....

tyrantqueen

The Shinzen Tyrannosaurus rex came today. It's actually a really nice kit, the detail is crisp and the parts fit nicely :)

It didn't come packaged like this, I only removed it from the bubble wrap for photography purposes. Obviously it was well protected for the journey.

It will be on its way to a new home with Dan shortly.

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 19, 2014, 11:02:49 AM
The Shinzen Tyrannosaurus rex came today. It's actually a really nice kit, the detail is crisp and the parts fit nicely :)

:o AWESOME!

A new home with Dan ??? ... will you give it away?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 19, 2014, 11:10:32 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 19, 2014, 11:02:49 AM

:o AWESOME!

A new home with Dan ??? ... will you give it away?
He's offering store credit in exchange. I may be naive, but I am not that naive to give it away for free ;) >:D No-one else asked, and since he was the only who was interested, it goes to him.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Simon on May 19, 2014, 01:35:59 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Martin is doing one for me right now, too, another "Epic Forest TRex" (not the Carnegie however) that I customized quite heavily.

Stay tuned ....
Your trex is likely going to be epic, but it wont be a "forest" trex, I somewhat doubt lol. Mine was sculpted by Forest Rogers and given your thoughts on her abilities I doubt yours is  ;) ;) ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 19, 2014, 12:00:50 PM
Quote from: Simon on May 19, 2014, 01:35:59 AM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stay tuned ....
Your trex is likely going to be epic, but it wont be a "forest" trex, I somewhat doubt lol. Mine was sculpted by Forest Rogers and given your thoughts on her abilities I doubt yours is  ;) ;) ;)
Maybe he's talking about a different kind of forest. You know, the kind with trees

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: