You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on May 19, 2014, 12:00:50 PM
Quote from: Simon on May 19, 2014, 01:35:59 AM
Re:  Epic Forest Rex

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Martin is doing one for me right now, too, another "Epic Forest TRex" (not the Carnegie however) that I customized quite heavily.

Stay tuned ....
Your trex is likely going to be epic, but it wont be a "forest" trex, I somewhat doubt lol. Mine was sculpted by Forest Rogers and given your thoughts on her abilities I doubt yours is  ;) ;) ;)

Simon

Here is the first dio that Martin did for me - don't have it yet, but Marilyn was kind enough to email me the pics.  I took a WWD Iguanodon and customized the pose .... when my Battat Utahraptor didn't sell the first time, I decided to use it in this dio, and then sent them to Martin, who created the base, assembled and painted the piece.  The next dio he is doing for me is a Battat TRex that I customized, and a Kinto Triceratops, facing off...stay tuned...

postsaurischian

:o :o Mind-blowing! Very imaginative ... Awesome!

stoneage

Wild Safari Prehistoric Landscape

Roselaar

Excellent custom diorama! The WWD Iguanodon looks grand now. The Utahraptor was already fine, but only better now. Am I wrong in seeing some Colorata Deinonychus inspiration in its paint job?

Simon

Quote from: Roselaar on May 19, 2014, 08:55:32 PM
Excellent custom diorama! The WWD Iguanodon looks grand now. The Utahraptor was already fine, but only better now. Am I wrong in seeing some Colorata Deinonychus inspiration in its paint job?

I asked Martin to paint them in the color schemes from the WWD series.  The Colorata Utah. was obviously based off the same scheme ...

The TRex and Trike will also be painted using the WWD color schemes for the Rex and Torosaurus ...

amargasaurus cazaui

Very nice diorama Simon. I like the choice of figures and colors. I admit a strong fondness for some of the bases Martin makes, where there are the partial trees and so many small plants and differing textures. One of my favorite models, done by Martin , my Corythosaurus has an almost identical base. I can always spot a base Martin has done by the way his sculpted stones appear.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pawnosuchus

That Utahraptor pose looks alot like the way I have mine set up in my garage display. I have six surrounding an Iguanodon with a Battat raptor on his back and several more Iguanodons looking on. If you want to see it , it's on page two of collections under Pawns world.

stoneage

New stuff from my vacation in Florida during Spring Break.

One of two bags.

CityRaptor

Buying Safari in Florida...seems about right.

And Simon, that is a very nice Diorama! Looks like something straight out of the series!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Simon

Thanks fellas - the customization and idea are mine, but Martin is the one who gets the credit for creating it!

sauroid

very cool @ Simon and stoneage
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Chad

A few recent pickups:

The first are the ROM Burgess Shale figures I've been frantically looking for for a long time. In fact, it was trying to find figures like this that led me to this forum in the first place.

Next up are some figures created by forum member brandem. I'm afraid my terrible photography isn't doing them justice but I'm glad to have them.

First up are the Kings of Appalachia--appalachiosaurus, nodosaur, hypsilbema, and dryptosaurus

Next up are the simosuchus and archeornithomimus chasing a dragonfly

Finally, a poposaurus digging out a lung fish

Also, from forum member ofmp, I'm really happy to have picked up some outstanding DeAgostini dinos:
ornitholestes, abelisaurus and struthiomimus

tarbosaurus, nanotyrannus and ornithomimus

mamenchisaurus, muttaburrasaurus, huayangosaurus, hadrosaurus and stygimoloch (with a Dinosaurs of Utah book in the background I recently picked up in, well, Utah!)

And some obscure names:
a pelicanimimus

an indosuchus

and arrhinoceratops

And finally and most importantly, I was gifted this work of art by an aspiring paleontologist in Germany. It's a Cambrian Explosion fauna so it's right in my wheelhouse and I'm very proud to have it:

tyrantqueen

It's the Schleich Torosaurus  >:D

Ikessauro

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 22, 2014, 01:31:26 PM
It's the Schleich Torosaurus  >:D

How can that be? Did Schleich copy De agostini? The magazine collection which came with these toys was released in 1993, while the Torosaurus by Schleich only came out in 2000, according with DTB.

Chad

I think Tyrant Queen was just joking.

SpittersForEver

tyrantqueen

No, I wasn't. I think either Schleich copied DeAgostini, or they used the same piece of art as inspiration.

Or maybe it's the angle of the photograph that gave me that impression.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: