News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

I think it's just a generic ceratops pose is all.

Ikessauro

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 22, 2014, 06:17:36 PM
No, I wasn't. I think either Schleich copied DeAgostini, or they used the same piece of art as inspiration.

Or maybe it's the angle of the photograph that gave me that impression.

I think they used the same art as inspiration too. For the De agostini model it's just obvious, as they accompanied the magazines were the art was published.

sauroid

new ones incl the long awaited old Carnegie rex

Happinet Para

Hasbro JP2 baby T. rex

Invicta Baryonix

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

verinnius

Very nice Sauroid!  I particularly like that Invicta.  The fish is a nice touch.

Patrx

Anzu wyliei
Sculpted by Aaron Doyle
Painted by me

Colors inspired by Tauraco erythrolophus (red-crested turaco), Egretta tricolor (tricolored heron), and Cyanocitta cristata (blue jay).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow ! Nice paint job Patrx !

Patrx

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very welcome !

I might be tempted to borrow this to do a 1:1 version for the Park.. ;)

I had considered Oviraptor but this guy could work too.

SBell

Finally got most of the Mojo 2013 last-releases, plus a few 2014:

Although more for the kids than me, their first attempts at mythological creatures are pretty impressive. And yes, they will be in the store soon enough as well (I'm having some technical things going on :-\)

Roselaar

These just in:

A diverse bunch of dinosaurs, but the figure I was after in particular stands out quite prominently.  ;) He's got some paint wear but is still quite beautiful (and large!).

The brown Carnegie Rex surprised me, as it had a different paint job than my own. A few chinapterosaurs and a Safari Phoenix (or something) were also included to my surprise. The little Ankylosaurus needs indentifying: it's probably a Chinasaur, but it doesn't even say Made in China.

Safari Dunkleosteus and Leptoceratops will be up for sale/ trade.

Good score for a very decent price!

docronnie

Congrats everyone on your excellent hauls!  :)

Excellent catch Roselaar!

Here's what I got a few weeks ago:

Safari Ltd. Wild Safari Hypacrosaurus - 2004

Here are what I got today:

Bandai Dinosaur King Illustrated Book 4 Baryonx - April 2008

My second Kaiyodo Coca Cola Jurassic Park III Triceratops

Kaiyodo Coca Cola Jurassic Park III Compsognathus

TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Megalosaurus

Quote from: SBell on May 24, 2014, 12:31:42 AM
Finally got most of the Mojo 2013 last-releases, plus a few 2014
I like the Thylacine & the Emu.
I Hope someday a company make a Moa 1:40.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Jetoar

Lovely acquisitions  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

postsaurischian

:) Vitali Klatt Olorotitan (nothing glued, the parts are fitting pretty good)

:) Vitali Klatt Australopithecus (again nothing glued, this figure is only about 4 cm high)

Nebuloid

Wow beautiful Olorotitan ! Would love to see that finished and painted one day.  ;)

Roselaar

Is that Olorotitan a fairly widely available kit? If so, I'll have to kick that particular species off the Unique Species list...

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Roselaar on May 27, 2014, 08:53:20 PM
Is that Olorotitan a fairly widely available kit? If so, I'll have to kick that particular species off the Unique Species list...
Yeah, I've seen quite a few places selling it.

postsaurischian

Yes it is. Urzeitshop is selling it for example: http://www.urzeitshop.de/Nach-Marke-Hersteller/Vitali-Klatt/

It's the third Olorotitan I know of. The first two were made by Safari (Sue mini set)* and by Manuel Bejarano for Shapeways.
Angie Rodrigues had also started to make one, but didn't finish it (http://art-by-angie.blogspot.de/2011/04/lots-spotsolorotitan-update.html).

edit: *mix-up by me, corrected by amargasaurus cazaui: The first Olorotitan was made by CollectA, not Safari.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 28, 2014, 10:40:25 AM

Yes it is. Urzeitshop is selling it for example: http://www.urzeitshop.de/Nach-Marke-Hersteller/Vitali-Klatt/

It's the third Olorotitan I know of. The first two were made by Safari (Sue mini set) and by Manuel Bejarano for Shapeways.
Angie Rodrigues had also started to make one, but didn't finish it (http://art-by-angie.blogspot.de/2011/04/lots-spotsolorotitan-update.html).
Trying to trace this all Helge. My Olorotitan was made by Collecta-a.......and the only Sue mini set I know was the two boxed sets, one containing Sue and Anatotitan, and the other had Sue and Torosaurus. I have these in the boxed version, but they were also sold lose as well. To add a bit more irony these figures, including the stunning Torosaurus sculpt were all done by our own Doug Watson.In fact I have my sets because several years back he helped me get them.
  So I am unsure which two Olorotitans you have referenced unless you meant the Collecta and the Anatotitan? And yes, the model on Shapeways and the Collecta piece are enough to insure it is not a unique species any longer.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: