News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

Quote from: SBell on June 16, 2014, 01:41:57 AM
Quote from: predino on June 16, 2014, 01:07:26 AM
Are they tags?

Those are little booklets that they used to make for the individual lines to put with the Mountain displays (like the Monterey Bay and Smithsonian Insects as well). Now they just do a larger booklet for the entire Safari line.

Oh ok. :) thanks
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

docronnie

Congrats Roselaar on your acquisitions!  :)

Here are the photos of my recent acquisitions:

Cosmoland Co. Ltd. Mammoth

Safari Ltd. Wild Safari Tyrannosaurus Baby - 1997

Bullyland Parasaurolophus - 1993

Favorite Desktop Model Parasaurolophus - a better shot!

Kaiyodo Dinotales AM/PM Series  Tyrannosaurus - 2001

TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

sauroid

that Desktop Para looks strikingly similar to the previous Schleich Para, doesnt it?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Very beautiful Parasaur! The Sega Rex is cool too, but I prefer the black version. Is this red variant translucent too?

Hynerpeton

I got my answer. Being shipped tomorrow.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

docronnie

Quote from: sauroid on June 16, 2014, 02:06:10 PM
that Desktop Para looks strikingly similar to the previous Schleich Para, doesnt it?

Yes. I should have bought that Schleich Para, when I had the chance.  Waited for a sale for nothing. Now it's retired.  :(

docronnie

Quote from: Roselaar on June 16, 2014, 08:39:50 PM
Very beautiful Parasaur! The Sega Rex is cool too, but I prefer the black version. Is this red variant translucent too?

Thanks Roselaar!  Me too, I prefer the Black version.  This red Tyranno is the original color and it is not translucent.

EmperorDinobot

Not dinosaur, but primate.

What is this?

Please identify, and if not, please re-direct me to someone who might know.

CityRaptor

Looks like a Mouse Lemur.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Carnegie Carnotaurus (the right one this time).

Anyone who reads the reviews will know I recently got the CollectA Carcharodontosaurus.

Papo Tyrannosaurus. Looks like he has a milk mustache.

Schleich Glyptodon.

Just today, picked up a copy of the Scientific American dinosaur issue.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not the best pics but still, EPIC Haul !

sauroid

epic hauls indeed, Blade and Gwangi
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

dutchdinolover

Wauw!
Good to see youre faunacast has arrived as well.

Impressive haul

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm impressed myself.  I honestly didn't know the Spino was so large..must have missed something somewhere..lol The other bonus is just how well these are sculpted, Malcolm certainly gave them his all in these newer pieces..or he has jsut improved so much it's crazy..either way they are AWESOME !

Simon

Man, Santa came early this year!  Love to see the different paint ups.  Looking at my versions while I type.  I'll never get tired of looking at Malcolm's sculpts!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Same here..and the fact they were actually sculpted by hand ( you can see the odd fingerprint on the base) is just awesome! Makes me wish it was possible I sculpted each our dinosaurs here the same way...so much detail in these as well and Malcolm's paintjobs make these guys 100% FAUNA CASTS originals. :)  I'll get better pics later and post them in Malcolm's area.

Patrx

These look excellent; congratulations! I really like the stripey patterns he used on the Spinosaurus, Ceratosaurus, and Tyrannosaurus. Here's hoping my Fauna Casts figures arrive soon!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks! I'm sure they will ! Malcolm is getting stuff out as fast as he can .

morrijos

I scored a nice little lot of vintage Carnegie pieces on Ebay.  There are two of the old school "gold-washed" figures.  Way cool!

Excuse the picture quality; all of these were taken on my iPhone. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice! Those older ones are getting more difficult to find !

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: