News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Quote from: Gwangi on June 19, 2014, 09:29:59 PM

Just today, picked up a copy of the Scientific American dinosaur issue.

Beautiful pieces, Gwangi!  That issue is a bit expensive here.  Is it worth it?  Does it contain new information?  TIA!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 20, 2014, 05:40:11 AM
Not the best pics but still, EPIC Haul !

Excellent haul, Blade! :)

Congrats jwmo! :)

Here's what I got from Toycon 2014 !st day:

Kaiyodos 30 pcs in all with a few duplicates.

Gwangi

Quote from: docronnie on June 20, 2014, 07:32:50 PM

Beautiful pieces, Gwangi!  That issue is a bit expensive here.  Is it worth it?  Does it contain new information?  TIA!  :)

It was $10 here and yeah, I think it's worth it. It is a pretty hefty magazine but unlike most there are no advertisements in it. The entire issue (112 pages) is nothing but dinosaur articles. It's basically a book IMO with a lot of beautiful artwork included. As for the info within, I haven't read any of the articles yet (working on that) but it probably does not have much you can't find online but it covers a lot including dinosaurs of Laramidia, dinosaurs of the arctic, dinosaurs of polar Australia, bird and feather evolution, sauropods, dinosaur growth, dinosaurs of Madagascar, tyrannosaur behavior, etc. I was put off by the price but I've spend $10 on worse things before.

Gwangi

Beautiful sculpts of course but I cannot help but notice the A&E VHS tapes of "Dinosaur!" Nice catch, wish it would come out on DVD. Same for the PBS "The Dinosaurs".

stoneage

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 20, 2014, 06:58:59 AM
I'm impressed myself.  I honestly didn't know the Spino was so large..must have missed something somewhere..lol The other bonus is just how well these are sculpted, Malcolm certainly gave them his all in these newer pieces..or he has jsut improved so much it's crazy..either way they are AWESOME !

I'm glad to see you got your figures. I wish I had gotten them myself.  Glad to see Malcolm is making progress.

Hynerpeton

Got my protochirotherium today. :D looks cooler in person.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on June 20, 2014, 08:42:57 PM

Beautiful sculpts of course but I cannot help but notice the A&E VHS tapes of "Dinosaur!" Nice catch, wish it would come out on DVD. Same for the PBS "The Dinosaurs".

I would hope so but I'm not holding my breath. I hadn't seen those since I was little and just scored the set off ebay for about 10.00 back in March..around the time I was sick last. Shame I watched them while sick and fell asleep during most of it. Oh well time to rewatch !

Hynerpeton

A cheap dimetrodon :) a Cynognathus from the 1960's also. Got to luv random buys. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Roselaar

Just found a Famemaster 3D puzzle Ceratosaurus and Triceratops at a flea market.

alexeratops

Nice catches everyone! I haven't got any lately, but I plan to get Safari Grypo ant the papo Dilo.
like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

EmperorDinobot

Without further ado, I present to you the new, revitalized Imperial Dinobot Army.

docronnie

Quote from: Gwangi on June 20, 2014, 08:39:24 PM
Quote from: docronnie on June 20, 2014, 07:32:50 PM

It was $10 here and yeah, I think it's worth it. It is a pretty hefty magazine but unlike most there are no advertisements in it. The entire issue (112 pages) is nothing but dinosaur articles. It's basically a book IMO with a lot of beautiful artwork included. As for the info within, I haven't read any of the articles yet (working on that) but it probably does not have much you can't find online but it covers a lot including dinosaurs of Laramidia, dinosaurs of the arctic, dinosaurs of polar Australia, bird and feather evolution, sauropods, dinosaur growth, dinosaurs of Madagascar, tyrannosaur behavior, etc. I was put off by the price but I've spend $10 on worse things before.

Thanks a lot for the reply and quick assessment.  I might consider buying it in the future. :)

Congrats EmperorDinobot on your awesome haul! :)

docronnie

Congrats Roselaar and predino on your hauls!  :)

EmperorDinobot

Thanks! Soon there will be pics with ALL my Dinobots. I'm not called Emperor Dinobot for nothin'!!! I may not have any G1 Dinobots, but that's because I'm not that old hahaha. I will be on the look out for them. The idea is for my robot dinosaur collection to rival my JP collection. It is the year of the Dinobots due to Age of Extinction coming out, so as you may imagine, I'm very happy.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

docronnie

Here are the pics:

Sealed Kabaya Dinoworld

What's inside the Kabaya The Perfect Dino World Collection (Fossil)

Kaiyodo Dinotales AM-PM Series  Allosaurus Skeleton - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales AM-PM Series  Brachiosaurus Skeleton - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Dimetrodon No. 013a - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Smilodon Skull No. 048 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 4 Douvilleiceras. No. 078 – 2003

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Meiolania No. 035 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Allosaurus Skull No. 047 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 4 Megalania No. 075 – 2003 (could not put this together well)

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Tapejara imperator No. 069 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Axelrodichthys No. 015a - 2001 (not a dino, but wanted one for so long)

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Smilidon No. 038 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Glyptodon No. 065 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Anhanguera No. 012a variant - 2001 ( variant (?) because there are 2 types - this one has 2 complete wings attached to the body)

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Anhanguera No. 012a - 2001 ( based on the back of the sticker, this is the regular one, wherein you attach only the upper part of the wings, the lower part of the wings are already part of the body - can someone shed some light on this - TIA!)

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 4 Pteranodon No. 076 – 2003

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Parasaurolophus No. 007a - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Struthiomimus No. 033 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Deinonychus No. 049 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Deinonychus Skeleton No. 050 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Diatryma No. 005a - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 4 Shantungosaurus. No. 073 – 2003

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Stegosaurus No. 029 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Siamotyrannus SP03 Yellow version - 2001 ( I also have 2pcs of the orange version)

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Tanystropheus No. 037 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Allosaurus No. 025 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 1 Suchomimus No. 009a - 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Tylosaurus No. 064 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Archelon No. 061 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 4 Therizinosaurus. No. 074 – 2003

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Brachiosaurus No. 027 – 2001

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Saichania No. 054 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Maiasaura Hatchling No. 053 – 2002

Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 3 Styracosaurus No. 055 – 2002

TFL! :)

tyrantqueen

The first Anhanguera is the better one- it doesn't have a seam line going through the wings :)

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 25, 2014, 11:26:49 PM
The first Anhanguera is the better one- it doesn't have a seam line going through the wings :)

The first Anhangeura picture is the S1v2 re-release. As with most of that series, the paint jobs tend to be better and the fits on the figures are better thought out.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: