News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Quote from: SBell on June 25, 2014, 11:49:29 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 25, 2014, 11:26:49 PM
The first Anhanguera is the better one- it doesn't have a seam line going through the wings :)

The first Anhangeura picture is the S1v2 re-release. As with most of that series, the paint jobs tend to be better and the fits on the figures are better thought out.

Thanks TQ and Sbell for the clarifications!  I like the Series 1 Version 2 too than the other. How about the Megalania, do you also have the same problem as mine? The Dimetrodon does not fit as well too.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

SBell

Quote from: docronnie on June 26, 2014, 01:00:00 AM
The first Anhanguera is the better one- it doesn't have a seam line going through the wings :)

The first Anhangeura picture is the S1v2 re-release. As with most of that series, the paint jobs tend to be better and the fits on the figures are better thought out.

Thanks TQ and Sbell for the clarifications!  I like the Series 1 Version 2 too than the other. How about the Megalania, do you also have the same problem as mine? The Dimetrodon does not fit as well too.

Yeah, my Megalania doesn't fit together at all really. My Dimetrodons (I have more than one) were always okay though--but my s1v2 is better fitted, and I like the colours more!

docronnie

Quote from: SBell on June 26, 2014, 01:57:36 AM
Quote from: docronnie on June 26, 2014, 01:00:00 AM

Yeah, my Megalania doesn't fit together at all really. My Dimetrodons (I have more than one) were always okay though--but my s1v2 is better fitted, and I like the colours more!

Thanks Sbell! :)

UK

Finally.....

It's cost a bit and taken a long time but I have managed to complete the 2004 expo set. And what a set it is too.

docronnie

Congrats UK!  What a beautiful figure! 😃

Ikessauro

Really nice model, it must be quite hard to get it outside of Japan, right?

SBell

Nice find. I only have half of the 2004 set myself--can  never seem to get a good deal on the others.

alexeratops

like a bantha!

sauroid

yeah it is impressive.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

EmperorDinobot

Dinobot Slash, a new addition to the Imperial Dinobot Army.

amargasaurus cazaui

I keep wondering and perhaps it is just me, but each movie we get about dinosaurs, wether Jurassic park, or transformers, or even the spate of B movies tossed out over the years.......raptors, spinosaurus, tyrannosaurus. Those three....never anything to broaden or move away from the shredding three. We got a tease of how that can be done, with the first Jurassic park with the Dilos, but since then pretty much nothing.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tanystropheus

Papo Archaeopteryx from Dan's Dinosaurs.

Excellent quality, service and quick delivery. Thanks Dan  :)

This is definitely the most colorful Papo.  Feathers are exquisite -- I can't wait for the inevitable Papo Therizinosaurus!

CityRaptor

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 29, 2014, 03:07:24 PM
I keep wondering and perhaps it is just me, but each movie we get about dinosaurs, wether Jurassic park, or transformers, or even the spate of B movies tossed out over the years.......raptors, spinosaurus, tyrannosaurus. Those three....never anything to broaden or move away from the shredding three. We got a tease of how that can be done, with the first Jurassic park with the Dilos, but since then pretty much nothing.

The answer is Stock Dinosaurs.  While Tyrannosaurus was before, Raptors and Spinos became those thanks to Jurassic Park.
But kudos for giving this fellow "feathers". Second robot dinosaur I know to have them. The other is Gabutyra. ( Those yellow spikes on his head are feathers in his organic form )
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Well the Asylum Movie Age of Dinosaurs, had some different species like Carnotaurus, and Ceratosaurus.

Ice Age 3 used Guanlong instead of raptors

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Takama on June 29, 2014, 07:04:48 PM

Well the Asylum Movie Age of Dinosaurs, had some different species like Carnotaurus, and Ceratosaurus.

Ice Age 3 used Guanlong instead of raptors

Age of dinosaurs was good. :) i liked it.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

EmperorDinobot

Seems like we may never get away from those dinos in robot forme. But believe me I've got some Robot dinos that are more than just raptors, T.rexes and Spinos. I've got Centrosaurus, Kentrosaurus, Archaeopteryx, animals like Archelon, Pachos, and arguably the new dinobot Strafe is a Dsungaripterus with a polycephalic condition.

Anywho, if you guys wanna know what is the best dino robo on the market right now, read the review of TFC Sir Toys Dino Combiner here: http://emperordinobot.blogspot.com/ in my new blog. I will be reviewing all my dino robos there, as well as more stuff.

docronnie

Congrats EmperorDinobot!  :)

Finally arrived yesterday from the post.... Thanks to UK for the trade!  Awesome figures! :)

Kabaya Dinoworld Set 2 Seismosaurus (sorry for the poor shot)

Kaiyodo The Dinosaur Expo 2005 A T.Rex Named Sue Skeleton with box

TFL!  :)

UK

Quote from: docronnie on July 01, 2014, 11:59:40 AM
Congrats EmperorDinobot!  :)

Finally arrived yesterday from the post.... Thanks to UK for the trade!  Awesome figures! :)

Kabaya Dinoworld Set 2 Seismosaurus (sorry for the poor shot)

Kaiyodo The Dinosaur Expo 2005 A T.Rex Named Sue Skeleton with box

TFL!  :)

At last. They must have walked there :-)

I am so glad they got there, it would have been such a shame had they been lost forever.

Thanks for the trade too.

Roselaar

Just got these in the mail:

The Utahraptor and Leallynasaura are grand, but I already knew that as I have loose samples too. The baby dinosaurs are fun, but remain shameless Safari bootlegs.  :)

Hynerpeton

Nice. How much was the raptor?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: