News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

my TRU hasn't had 2k9 figures since well, 2k9
the JP3D figures also have several repaints of that rex in the line

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 20, 2014, 12:13:10 AM
my TRU hasn't had 2k9 figures since well, 2k9
the JP3D figures also have several repaints of that rex in the line

Dude mine have the 2012 versions, as well as Allos and Pachyrhinos...But they're on clearance. I'm sure they're going really fast. I better get mine, thing is, I feel they are grossly overpriced. $15 per human/dino? Pssffh.

stargatedalek

the JP3D (2012/2013) only had humans in the allo/pachy sets, they were $30 here when I got the allo, but I got the pachy on clearance for $15
whats really overpriced are those JP3 repaints

perhaps yours re-released some 2K9 (smaller human packs) along with them?

EmperorDinobot

2k9 version saw rereleases in 2012-2014 with slightly different packaging.

stargatedalek

that is news to me
unfortunately we never got them

docronnie

Thanks EmperorDinobot!  :)

Some new acquisitions:

I acquired the farthest yesterday, loose and badly beaten (couple of nails missing and the tail) for a little over a dollar.
The paint job is different from what I have acquired last year, specially the eyes.

Non-dinos but part of Dinotales:

TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

ITdactyl

Wow... docronnie's on a kaiyodo roll....

stargatedalek

sinemys is one of my favourites ;)

Roselaar

Kaiyodos still look gorgeous in extrem close-up, don't they? Too bad my cat knocked my Dunkleosteus off my shelf recently, severing its upper tail fin...

stoneage

:)  Nice pictures they turned out really well!

Alexxitator

Quote from: docronnie on July 21, 2014, 03:35:18 AM
Thanks EmperorDinobot!  :)

I acquired the farthest yesterday, loose and badly beaten (couple of nails missing and the tail) for a little over a dollar.
The paint job is different from what I have acquired last year, specially the eyes.
Interesting to see how different those paint jobs are. I think the "beaten one" might have the prettiest imho. Both are quite a bit different from mine too.
Non-dinos but part of Dinotales:

TFL!  :)
I am really thinking bout getting some of those!
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

EmperorDinobot

And I might be able to help you out...in the next 10 hours if I'm lucky.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on July 21, 2014, 08:45:51 PM
Kaiyodos still look gorgeous in extrem close-up, don't they? Too bad my cat knocked my Dunkleosteus off my shelf recently, severing its upper tail fin...

Smooth it out a bit and fix the paint, and it will probably look more correct that way!

Seriously, the Dunkleosteus may be the biggest 'miss' of the whole Dinotales line--the near-homocercal tail is just so wrong, it makes the fish look awkward.

docronnie

Thanks everyone! My wife took the photos, stoneage, so kudos to her.

I'm really hypnotized by the intricate details of these figures at this small scale. I keep wondering how skillful they made each one, Roselaar.

Alex,  I agree the beat up Schleich has a better paint job, but it looks tamer. I like the fierce look of the other. Kaiyodos are expensive on Ebay. I'm just lucky getting them at fair prices.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

EmperorDinobot

Well, if y'all interested in non dinosaur Kaiyodos I just acquired a buncha animal Kaiyodos in order to...I dunno. Offer something new to the masses. Will sort them out once they arrive.

Alexxitator

Quote from: docronnie on July 22, 2014, 05:14:48 AM
Thanks everyone! My wife took the photos, stoneage, so kudos to her.

I'm really hypnotized by the intricate details of these figures at this small scale. I keep wondering how skillful they made each one, Roselaar.

Alex,  I agree the beat up Schleich has a better paint job, but it looks tamer. I like the fierce look of the other. Kaiyodos are expensive on Ebay. I'm just lucky getting them at fair prices.

I got the Papo and Schleich put together round a piece of meat here, and they really fit well.

Bottom of the pic.

I honestly am not sure what fair prices would be. I see single pieces going as high as 30 dollars, but some sell em for around 3-5 dollars apiece. The latter sounds fair to me, but I am really unsure if it is...
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

stargatedalek

with Kaiyodo the prices aren't cut and dry, some had very limited distribution whereas others are fairly common

Alexxitator

This just came in the mail:
-Charles Darwin-

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice!  I just ordered a copy myself this morning! lol

sauroid

wow.
must.have.that.book.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: