News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdanter

Quote from: SBell on July 29, 2014, 01:29:07 PM
Quote from: Blackdanter on July 29, 2014, 11:19:24 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on July 29, 2014, 11:16:57 AM
I can't find them. Any specific search words?

Under 'Figures' then 'Animal' .............................  ;)

It won't matter right now--they are currently out of stock. Reasonable Colorata set prices though.

Blimey, they were in stock this morning! I'll PM the links in future. I keep forgetting that the board is public!

stargatedalek

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 29, 2014, 01:28:22 PM
Quote from: Blackdanter on July 29, 2014, 11:19:24 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on July 29, 2014, 11:16:57 AM
I can't find them. Any specific search words?

Under 'Figures' then 'Animal' .............................  ;)

Nope, no Marine Reptiles for me. I also checked under Fish and Marine Life, but nothing.
not the Kaiyodo, the Favorite anomalocaris/dunkleosteus ;)
(and they are out of stock right now anyway)

sauroid

just a couple of new books and some figures

Parasaurolophus carcass

Tsintaosaurus

Invicta Iguanodon

Invicta Ichthyosaurus
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ikessauro

Quote from: sauroid on July 29, 2014, 06:21:16 PM
Parasaurolophus carcass

Tsintaosaurus

Where can i get these figures? I like them a lot.

Blackdanter

The Tsintaosaurus is a rare figure from a 2006 Bandai set called The Complete Works of Dinosaur. The figure shown is missing its base but is none the less a rare thing indeed.  ;)

Not sure about the Parasaurolophus. It looks like it's half the model perhaps from one of the Japanese diorama series.

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on July 29, 2014, 06:36:38 PM
Quote from: sauroid on July 29, 2014, 06:21:16 PM
Parasaurolophus carcass

Tsintaosaurus

Where can i get these figures? I like them a lot.

Go back in time about 7 years!  ;D

Seriously, though, I managed to get the set roughly then--and only occasionally see one individual from the set here or there, even in Japanese auctions. Like most of the Dinosaur King-inspired figures, they didn't seem to get very well distributed, or stay available long. Too bad, because they are a fantastic little set.

docronnie

Quote from: Blackdanter on July 29, 2014, 07:05:01 PM
The Tsintaosaurus is a rare figure from a 2006 Bandai set called The Complete Works of Dinosaur. The figure shown is missing its base but is none the less a rare thing indeed.  ;)

Not sure about the Parasaurolophus. It looks like it's half the model perhaps from one of the Japanese diorama series.

You're right Blackdanter! I have the Allo and the Stego.

The Para looks like from Bandai, the Dinosaur Museum Collection. Here's a link but the photo is too small: http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/Japan.html
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

docronnie

Hynerpeton

Just bought and has not come yet. A blue Dimetrodon. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

sauroid

Quote from: Blackdanter on July 29, 2014, 07:05:01 PM

yeah i dont have the base. i have everything from that series except for one. the Para is also from an earlier Bandai set (the first predation series) that comes with a feeding T.rex.
(i cant find the T. rex now. this also comes with a diorama base)

some more recent stuff
Kaiyodo dinotales retro T. rex secret figure

Jasman Pteranodon

Fame Master Pteranodon

AAA Smilodon
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

CityRaptor

Got these over the last 2 months:

Figures:

Carnegie Brachiosaurus
Schleich Torosaurus & Edmontonia ( two of their better figures )
WWD 3D Pachyrhinosaurus Set ( Patchi, Scowler, Juniper )
Safari Littlefoot Baby Apatosaurus ( has yet to learn that Pachyrhinosaurs do not play with Apatosaurs...you know, being from different times...)
Safari Brachiosaurus Skull
Safari Dinosaur Skin

I also visited a few Museums in Bavaria and went to the Senckenberg on the Route:
Museum Guides, the Scientific American Special and a guide to Location in Germany, Austria & Switzerland.

Postcards and a sticker

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Just received a whole order from CollectA--they have made some huge strides--the new mosasaur totally makes up for the 'tylosaurus' of several years back.

And I'll admit I'm pleasantly surprised by the juvenile T.rex. I don't normally go for such a thing, but it works.

They'll be in the store in a little while.

docronnie

Love the Schleichs,  Cityraptor.

Congrats Sbell! 😊

SBell

Quote from: docronnie on August 01, 2014, 02:51:44 AM

Congrats Sbell! 😊

Thanks.

I'm going to be honest--this new mosasaur looks like it really needs to eat the little Dolichorhynchops from a few years back. Or the Hydrotherosaurus. Either way, it is truly the king of the CollectA sea.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on August 01, 2014, 06:24:20 AM

Congrats Sbell! 😊

Thanks.

I'm going to be honest--this new mosasaur looks like it really needs to eat the little Dolichorhynchops from a few years back. Or the Hydrotherosaurus. Either way, it is truly the king of the CollectA sea.

How does it stack up against the Rhomaleosaurus?

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 01, 2014, 07:00:00 AM
Quote from: SBell on August 01, 2014, 06:24:20 AM

Congrats Sbell! 😊

Thanks.

How does it stack up against the Rhomaleosaurus?

Far more dynamic. Nicer paint scheme. Substantially less expensive (it isn't a deluxe but it feels like one). Plus, open mouth so it can eat things like CollectA Mako Sharks. Not that I did that immediately upon holding the two together... ;D

Given a choice--this may be the best prehistoric marine reptile toy yet. And of course, there is not a single one like it, considering it includes the tail fluke. And for pedants it also incorporates the palatine teeth.

Roselaar

Better even than the supreme Carnegie Tylosaurus...? That one is probably inaccurate by now, but oh my, is it beautiful.

sauroid

the CollectA Mosasaurus stands out among the other figures in the DTF banner... (the Papo Dilo is giving it a stiff competition tho)

SBell

Quote from: sauroid on August 01, 2014, 08:55:01 PM
the CollectA Mosasaurus stands out among the other figures in the DTF banner... (the Papo Dilo is giving it a stiff competition tho)

If figures were both at real size to each other, the dilophosaur would likely vanish (I think--haven't seen it, but if it is in line with the sizes of the existing theropods, it would be a mouthful).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: