You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 16, 2012, 06:59:55 PM
The Famemaster owl and beetle are especially lovely.
Oh, yes they are, and congrats, Niroot! :) Where did you get the Famemaster beetle (apparently once again a Dynastes granti)? I only have a few but none of the ones with hindwings, yet (except for the huge 4d Anatomy Hercules Beetle).

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Gwangi

Won this little Sega Tyrannosaurus on eBay. Does anyone know anything about it? It is quite tiny, about 3.5". I intend on writing a review of it at some point so if anyone has any information on the line it is from or its history I would appreciate it.

Takama

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 16, 2012, 02:13:20 AMI don't know where you're from (so where ARE you from?)
I forget that the location doesn't show up in the author panel on the left, as it did on V.1. But it's there on the profile itself. I'm from London. :)

Yesterday's haul.

Yes, I'm afraid I indulged considerably. Though the Famemaster puzzles were bought a little while ago; they just serendipitously arrived at the same time as everything else.

I will try to photograph a few individual pieces at some point for my collection thread. The Famemaster owl and beetle are especially lovely.

HI THEEEEERE WITTLE BABY PAPO REXY :-*

Quote from: Gwangi on May 16, 2012, 10:27:22 PM
Won this little Sega Tyrannosaurus on eBay. Does anyone know anything about it? It is quite tiny, about 3.5". I intend on writing a review of it at some point so if anyone has any information on the line it is from or its history I would appreciate it.

Well you should know that its looks like its from the Dinosaur King Anime series that popped up on saterday mournings on the CW cahnnel.

it was sort of like Pokemon, exept the cretures actaully Existed

Metallisuchus

Thanks a million, Wildheart. I saved those rec's so I can look them up at a later time. I did see the Safari okapi before, but I don't like the way the little ones look, and the big one is too big, so I'll probably go with a different brand. I did grab one of those free Safari catalogs though, and I think I'll get the Arabian oryx. Looks a lot like the scimitar-horned oryx anyway.

Yeah I guess nobody has thought to make a cassowary yet.

Himmapaan - I'm surprised there aren't many/any places in London to get this stuff. It does seem like English people are bigger on collecting dino/animal replicas than us Americans, at least from what I've seen online. I like the owl and sea turtle a lot, btw.

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on May 16, 2012, 10:03:56 PM
The Famemaster owl and beetle are especially lovely.
Oh, yes they are, and congrats, Niroot! :) Where did you get the Famemaster beetle (apparently once again a Dynastes granti)? I only have a few but none of the ones with hindwings, yet (except for the huge 4d Anatomy Hercules Beetle).
Yes, it is indeed Dynastes granti:D I'll take a better picture in due course. I think it and the other beetles in the series are the finest I've yet come across, even surpassing the Colorata ones (not counting the anatomy model, which I also have but have never yet released from its box!). You can remove the hind wings and have the elytra closed for an alternative display. Someday, I hope someone will make a beetle figure whose hind wings will actually fold and conceal beneath, just like the real things.  :)) I got it and the other 4D animals from Friendino78 on eBay. :) I'm definitely a returning customer!

Himmapaan

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 16, 2012, 11:31:52 PMHimmapaan - I'm surprised there aren't many/any places in London to get this stuff. It does seem like English people are bigger on collecting dino/animal replicas than us Americans, at least from what I've seen online. I like the owl and sea turtle a lot, btw.
Aren't they wonderful? Famemaster's dinosaurs are hit and miss, but their extant animals, as it turns out, are brilliant. Good fun to assemble too.  :))

Yes, that fact about toy stores here is something I've often complained about. I think the continental Europeans are even more enthusiastic than Britons about animal figure collecting though. They have good taste.  ;D

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on May 16, 2012, 11:27:52 PM

Well you should know that its looks like its from the Dinosaur King Anime series that popped up on saterday mournings on the CW cahnnel.

Thanks. I had no idea it was based on an anime, I just thought it was a cool looking little Tyrannosaurus. I like how it looks like the large Sega Tyrannosaurus that I'll probably never own.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Takama on May 16, 2012, 11:27:52 PMHI THEEEEERE WITTLE BABY PAPO REXY :-*
Haha, I've just seen this. ;D I will confess it at once: inaccurate or no, I've been won over by the Papo baby rex now that I have it in the flesh.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 16, 2012, 11:48:52 PM
Quote from: Takama on May 16, 2012, 11:27:52 PMHI THEEEEERE WITTLE BABY PAPO REXY :-*
Haha, I've just seen this. ;D I will confess it at once: inaccurate or no, I've been won over by the Papo baby rex now that I have it in the flesh.

That Papo baby rex is too cute! :) I think they are only available in the UK...a few more weeks! Papo's on a roll--I think their Brachiosaurus will end up being extra special!

Takama

Quote from: Gwangi on May 16, 2012, 11:43:40 PM

Thanks. I had no idea it was based on an anime, I just thought it was a cool looking little Tyrannosaurus. I like how it looks like the large Sega Tyrannosaurus that I'll probably never own.

That is a piece of Dinosaur King merchandise too.

Dinosaur King also has a trading Card game, and Video Game(I poses both of these)

Thing about Dino King is that it features lots of obscure species like Ampeleosaurus, Liensternus, and even an Irritatar 

SBell

Quote from: Takama on May 17, 2012, 04:42:11 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 16, 2012, 11:43:40 PM

That is a piece of Dinosaur King merchandise too.

Dinosaur King also has a trading Card game, and Video Game(I poses both of these)

Thing about Dino King is that it features lots of obscure species like Ampeleosaurus, Liensternus, and even an Irritatar

There's a CollectA Irritator as well.  But if you can find Dino King Series 2 small figures, hey, let us know.  I'm still hunting 8 of them.

tyrantqueen

A Tamiya Para, freshly cemented, and soon to be puttied and painted 8)

Patrx

My, that's a lovely Para. Can't wait to see it painted :) Is the pterosaur part of the kit?

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Takama on May 15, 2012, 05:45:50 PM
Alas, They failed the king yet again. This time its head     

its Still at a nice size though.   Is the prey removable?

also, to combat the legs, i recommend blowing them with a hair dryer to soften them up so you can reposition them correctly.

Just a little note however, it will take a few trys to get what you disire, but it should work out. I had a dozen figures with similar leg problems that were cured by this method

Yes I'm also curios if the prey is detachable. It looks like its further in the mouth and not hanging out so much like the stock photo. I like it, I have on eon order, lets see how much I like it in person :-*

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Pixelboy on May 17, 2012, 06:58:41 PM
My, that's a lovely Para. Can't wait to see it painted :) Is the pterosaur part of the kit?

Yep, there were three Pteros that came with the kit, two were in a flight position, and one was crouching.

Takama and Bokisaurus, to answer your question, no, the prey does NOT detach from the T-Rex's mouth :) You could cut it off if you really wanted I guess, it's only attached by a thin bit of plastic.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 17, 2012, 06:42:38 PM

Why paint it?

I think its looks beautiful the way it is
:)

SBell

Quote from: Takama on May 18, 2012, 03:22:15 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 17, 2012, 06:42:38 PM

Why paint it?

I think its looks beautiful the way it is
:)

I tend to agree--it's almost Invicta-ish!  Maybe get a second one for painting.

SBell

Oh, and a double post because it would have no relevance to my previous post--a few gems from Japan today!

Kaiyodo microdon sawfish and ribbon eel, Furuta tarsier, Epoch Beluga sturgeon, and...

wait for it...

Dino Expo Gigantoraptor!  I was pretty happy to find one of these.  There was another auction I would have really liked--the complete 2004 Expo set--but it went way past my limit (well, maybe not, but I would like to stay happily married a little longer  ;)).

Also, I finally found a freshwater ray figure--they are porcelain, but at least they are clearly motoro and tigrinus.  The only other one I've ever seen was from Japan but disappeared before I could get it, or at least snag the picture.

Himmapaan

Quote from: SBell on May 18, 2012, 03:25:10 AMI tend to agree--it's almost Invicta-ish!  Maybe get a second one for painting.
Now I'm tempted to do that, too. Though I suspect I shall need a pretty good bit of luck to find this kit again at a comfortable price.

I want to see the porcelain freshwater ray, please.  :D

SBell

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 18, 2012, 04:11:12 AM
Quote from: SBell on May 18, 2012, 03:25:10 AMI tend to agree--it's almost Invicta-ish!  Maybe get a second one for painting.
Now I'm tempted to do that, too. Though I suspect I shall need a pretty good bit of luck to find this kit again at a comfortable price.

I want to see the porcelain freshwater ray, please.  :D

Well, I think it would neat as-is, but yeah, the price means you may not be able to have two (right away!).

As for the ray, here is an existing auction for the tigrinus:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klima-Miniature-Porcelain-Sting-Ray-Yellow-L883-/200747637677?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimalCollectables_SM&hash=item2ebd7ddbad#ht_2525wt_1037

She currently also has a 'grey' which looks a lot like hystrix.  I am currently awaiting a replacement for my motoro, as the one I received had a chipped tail (which makes it almost realistic!).  Now they just need to re-do these in resin or plastic!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: