News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

haha i love those monsters Ridureyu. :))
where do you find all these weird and wonderful variants Blackdanter?  :o
very cool desktop model Nebuloid.
'grats guys.

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

I heard there were some quality control issues with the Dilophosaurus/Yunnanosaurus model, supposedly that's why it's not very widely available. It's a cool idea for a desktop model though, and an unusual prosauropod is always a bonus.

Cammy

I have been very lucky finding dinosaur stuff lately! Hopefully there will still be some good stuff at Toys R Us when I go there tomorrow, they're having a 30%-off everything closing-down sale.

Here's my latest stuff, including two books that were $1 each from the op shop!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24340362@N08/14620405850/

Nebuloid

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 05, 2014, 05:49:50 PM
I heard there were some quality control issues with the Dilophosaurus/Yunnanosaurus model, supposedly that's why it's not very widely available. It's a cool idea for a desktop model though, and an unusual prosauropod is always a bonus.

Well the Tenontosaurus' left leg is broken, the Dilophosaurus has a weird mutation on the side of its head, and its nostrils are poked all the way through... I fixed the leg, but not the rest.

postsaurischian

Alexxitator

Several orders arrived by mail today.
Only the condition was greatly varying.

These lil' Kaiyodo came in without a problem, all the way from Japan.
They are my very first, and already I am in love with em!
Does anyone have an idea for something to mount the flat-on-their-nose aquatics?
In the next picture you see Polypterus, wich I also ordered, on a nice stand.

The next guys had some more trouble reaching me from Finland. Alas the seller did not package em very properly.

This is how they were advertised:

And here is how they reached me... I intend to repair the lot ofcourse. The very correct seller decided to give me a full refund.

All figures were broken like these.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Roselaar

Wow, that is some very nasty damage to such beautiful figures... A refund indeed would seem the best way to go, the seller should not get away with such laziness.

postsaurischian

Nebuloid

I have 3 of those desktop models, repairing them is worth it I would say.  ;)
Those kaiyodos reached you just fine !? I've had 3 orders of kaiyodos from Japan in the past, only 1 of them got delivered, the rest is lost in the mail...

Alexxitator

Polypterus is one of those species that refused to die out. Luckily. It's a very beautiful family! The Colorata piece was actually a mistake on my side, not reading properly and thinking it a Kaiyodo. Silly me.
Now I might just buy the entire lot of em lol

I repaired two models already and must say; that was fairly easily done.  :))
Only now I have my conscience playing with me for having a nigh-perfect (only if you know where to look you see it) set of beauties.
Hmm...

The Kaiyodo's reached me just fine ye. It was my very first try and I am not dissapointed in the least. These figures are very nice!
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

sauroid

if you feel kind of guilty at getting them for practically free, you may offer to just claim 50% of the refund.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

I want to order the galloping Trcic Triceratops, but I'm worried it might get damaged in the post if the mailer doesn't pack it well. I've had really good results from Ad Mineraal when it comes to buying Favorite Ltd. statues (they use a ton of polystyrene to protect the item) but they appear to have sold out of galloping Trikes :(

Where is a good place to buy the galloping Trike? I'm looking for a store that packs its items well. I could order from Japan but I would be concerned about damage on the way here.

SBell

Quote from: Alexxitator on August 05, 2014, 09:10:39 PM
Polypterus is one of those species that refused to die out. Luckily. It's a very beautiful family! The Colorata piece was actually a mistake on my side, not reading properly and thinking it a Kaiyodo. Silly me.

Only now I have my conscience playing with me for having a nigh-perfect (only if you know where to look you see it) set of beauties.
Hmm...

The Kaiyodo's reached me just fine ye. It was my very first try and I am not dissapointed in the least. These figures are very nice!

The Colorata isn't rare--just hard to get outside of Japan.

And there is, indeed, a Kaiyodo Polypterus (P. endlicheri, like the Colorata--a favourite of Japan). They come in wild and albino colours. THOSE are rare. And seem to command very high prices--having not been made for at least 8 years.

So now you know what to look for (save up for?)

As a group, they have always tended to be my favourite fishes--there is a whole thread of 'primitive fish' at the Animal Toy Forum. I currently have three, a delhezi, albino senegalus and teugelsi

docronnie

Very nice Black Danter! 😊
Beautiful piece, Nebuloid! 😊

Toys R Us is closing?  That doesn't seem to happen here. Lucky you, Cammy! Is the Scientific American a dollar too?

Congrats Alex! Those Kaiyodos are really awesome, meticulously sculpted and painted. I know some members mount them on a clear stand. Those broken pieces can be easily fixed with super glue as long as they are not broken into tiny pieces. 😊
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Cammy

I guess it's lucky to have a 30%-off sale to go to, but I have hardly any money left after spending so much of it last week at Toys R Us before they had their sale! and it really sucks that one of the best toy shops around here will be closing forever, I'll miss that Toys R Us. At least I managed to get another Ultimate Gorgon today for $35 instead of $50.

The Scientific American special is the latest issue out at the newsagency here and was $16.95.

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: SBell on August 06, 2014, 01:56:28 AM

Hmm...

And there is, indeed, a Kaiyodo Polypterus (P. endlicheri, like the Colorata--a favourite of Japan). They come in wild and albino colours. THOSE are rare. And seem to command very high prices--having not been made for at least 8 years.

As a group, they have always tended to be my favourite fishes--there is a whole thread of 'primitive fish' at the Animal Toy Forum. I currently have three, a delhezi, albino senegalus and teugelsi

That's a nice fish.

Hey Sbell, old sport, I'm selling a bunch of Kaiyodos. Maybe I've got something you're missing?

SBell

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 06, 2014, 06:15:37 AM
Quote from: SBell on August 06, 2014, 01:56:28 AM

Hmm...

That's a nice fish.

Hey Sbell, old sport, I'm selling a bunch of Kaiyodos. Maybe I've got something you're missing?

There are few I am looking for unless you have an archerfish hidden away somewhere!

EmperorDinobot

OH SNAP! I had one last week, and he sold. He's the only fish I've sold thus so far. I also reptiles and amphibians.

Here is my full selection.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=111425412259&_osacat=0&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_ssn=lulumommy1326&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=kaiyodo&_sacat=0

Which reminds me, I have some acquisitions for myself, not for the store lol:

SBell

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 06, 2014, 06:58:37 AM
OH SNAP! I had one last week, and he sold. He's the only fish I've sold thus so far. I also reptiles and amphibians.

Here is my full selection.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=111425412259&_osacat=0&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_ssn=lulumommy1326&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=kaiyodo&_sacat=0

Which reminds me, I have some acquisitions for myself, not for the store lol:

You better be kidding, because I never saw it...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: