News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invicta Hunter

QuoteThat Brachiosaurus is beautiful. Where did you get it from?

Thanks, it really is an amazing model.
I bought it from Japan, it cost a bit but it was well worth it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Kaiyodo Brachiosaurus deserves to be in everyone's collection if they can lay claws on one..despite the inaccuracies now it's a beautiful piece of art ( and HUGE !). 

tyrantqueen

You're so lucky, that Brachio is amazing :P Did customs hold it ransom? >:D

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 21, 2014, 05:33:52 PM
You're so lucky, that Brachio is amazing :P Did customs hold it ransom? >:D

It's a great model, every time i go into the room where i have it i stop and stare for a couple of minutes. I cant help myself, it's such an amazing sight.
I didn't have any charges on it when it came into the country.
I got a friend to ship it to me... O:-)

Simon

Like that Brach, here is what mine looked like when I was finished with it:

Invicta Hunter

That looks really good as well, i remember you sold one on ebay a couple of months ago, was it this one?

Simon

Yes indeed it was.  The buyer had another artist paint it up for him, and he was kind enough to send me a photo for my website.

[C'mon, could you possibly think of anyone else crazy enough to do this kind of modification?]

;)

Roselaar

This just in, thanks to Everything Dinosaur:

Both the juvenile T-Rex and the baby Triceratops are wonderful, lovely figures. The Placerias is quite good for a Chinasaur. The Arsinoitherium is okay and pretty detailed, but it just feels off somehow. The Carch and Gastonia are quite good, while the Papo Dilophosaurus isn't bad but can't compare to the other Paposaurs because of its cheaper feel with the hard plastic and the glossy touch. Speaking of Papo, the tube figures are nice, but the most inaccurate Paposaurs to date. Good first try though, Papo.

spartasaurus

Just picked up the Terra Cryolophosaurus and Dacentrurus! great additions to the Battat family

Everything_Dinosaur

You are most welcome, some interesting observations too.

morrijos

postsaurischian

Quote from: jwmo on August 23, 2014, 04:06:13 PM
I've got mine!

;D I was about to take a similar picture. I also got the fab four today :D.

morrijos

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 23, 2014, 04:08:25 PM
I've got mine!

I think I'll leave these four in the boxes, then buy another four to unpack and eventually repaint...

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on August 22, 2014, 06:19:56 PM
This just in, thanks to Everything Dinosaur:

Both the juvenile T-Rex and the baby Triceratops are wonderful, lovely figures. The Placerias is quite good for a Chinasaur. The Arsinoitherium is okay and pretty detailed, but it just feels off somehow. The Carch and Gastonia are quite good, while the Papo Dilophosaurus isn't bad but can't compare to the other Paposaurs because of its cheaper feel with the hard plastic and the glossy touch. Speaking of Papo, the tube figures are nice, but the most inaccurate Paposaurs to date. Good first try though, Papo.

Well, they are based on the other Papo dinosaurs, so what would you expect? ;)

But I have to say, that toob seems wildly overpriced considering their size and the production values of the figures. For what that toob costs, a person could buy a full size figure.

postsaurischian

Quote from: jwmo on August 23, 2014, 05:27:48 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on August 23, 2014, 04:08:25 PM
I've got mine!

I think I'll leave these four in the boxes, then buy another four to unpack and eventually repaint...

They look cool in the boxes :).

I'm very impressed by the Pachyrhinosaurus :o. It looks much better in reality and is easily the best figure of this species ever made. Highly accurate and the sculpting is on par with Kaiyodo models, a repaint would make it a strong candidate for "figure of the year" ;).

Unfortunately getting the figures twice would be a costly enterprise for non U.S. residents.

pascosaur

i can't wait for mine
poor European Sons ...
waiting for mine through dinosaur Dans good hands 
can't wait

Simon

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 23, 2014, 07:18:41 PM

I'm very impressed by the Pachyrhinosaurus :o. It looks much better in reality and is easily the best figure of this species ever made. Highly accurate and the sculpting is on par with Kaiyodo models, a repaint would make it a strong candidate for "figure of the year" ;).

*snip*

I completely agree.  The Pachyrhinosaur is a fantastic figure, rendered in a superb action pose with one foot in the air, spinning left to meet an unseen predator.  The dimensions are accurate to a "T" (and why not - after all sculpting ceratopsians has been something of a speciality for Dan Lorusso).  It is easily the most realistic and accurate of the Pachyr. figures out there (and folks, that's saying something because the Papo and Wild Safari figures of this critter ain't bad!!)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Simon on August 24, 2014, 01:40:25 AM

*snip*

I completely agree.  The Pachyrhinosaur is a fantastic figure, rendered in a superb action pose with one foot in the air, spinning left to meet an unseen predator.  The dimensions are accurate to a "T" (and why not - after all sculpting ceratopsians has been something of a speciality for Dan Lorusso).  It is easily the most realistic and accurate of the Pachyr. figures out there (and folks, that's saying something because the Papo and Carnegie figures of this critter ain't bad!!)

huh...whu...Carnegie Pachyrhino....where?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Yutyrannus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 24, 2014, 02:24:01 AM
Quote from: Simon on August 24, 2014, 01:40:25 AM

*snip*

I completely agree.  The Pachyrhinosaur is a fantastic figure, rendered in a superb action pose with one foot in the air, spinning left to meet an unseen predator.  The dimensions are accurate to a "T" (and why not - after all sculpting ceratopsians has been something of a speciality for Dan Lorusso).  It is easily the most realistic and accurate of the Pachyr. figures out there (and folks, that's saying something because the Papo and Carnegie figures of this critter ain't bad!!)

huh...whu...Carnegie Pachyrhino....where?
He meant the Wild Safari one.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Simon

Yes, I meant the Wild Safari one.

Look just keep in mind that if you see words like "ain't bad" and "Carnegie" in one of my sentences you KNOW that I made a MISTAKE somewhere, because frankly, I do not like Carnegie figures.

In fact, I absolutely HATE Carnegie dinosaur figures.  >:D

If we had a "I nominate these toylines for extinction" thread, Carnegie would be #1 on my list.

But that's just me and my own peculiarities.  Everyone has different tastes, hence many companies are flourishing.  All is good.  O:-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: