News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexxitator

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Roselaar

Welcome to another wonderful edition of 'Lucky Roselaar gets way more than he bargained for'. Dino experts will spot the hidden treasure found amidst this old lot of dusty dinosaurs:  ^-^

Doug Watson

Quote from: Roselaar on September 02, 2014, 10:37:39 PM
Welcome to another wonderful edition of 'Lucky Roselaar gets way more than he bargained for'. Dino experts will spot the hidden treasure found amidst this old lot of dusty dinosaurs:  ^-^

I am guessing it is the Starlux ouranosaurus, congrats.

Roselaar

Quote from: Doug Watson on September 02, 2014, 11:15:15 PM

That would be the second greatest treasure, there's more than one.  ;)

Hynerpeton

I found a couple Dimetrodon i have and a pachy. What is that giant orange dimetrodon in the back? Has a big reddish orange sail on its back.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on September 02, 2014, 11:28:39 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on September 02, 2014, 11:15:15 PM

How sad that the poor STARLUX CEPHALASPIS is surrounded by so many less-than-worthy dinos!

DinoLord

Nice catch Roselaar! I used to get some really great hauls from toy lots years ago (mainly JP toys and Battats) but as time went on the pickings just kept getting slimmer and I became too busy.  :-\

Doug Watson

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be fair you did say "Dino" experts so I was concentrating on dinos. I did see the Cephalaspis but didn't recognize it as a Starlux. Nice catch.

stargatedalek

I KNOW IT I KNOW IT
its the yellow zombie iguana of doom on the left ;)

Hynerpeton

I want a starlux cepalaspis now.
Walking With Monsers:

Jetoar

My last acquisitions:

Finally I have the sawfish ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Quote from: Doug Watson on September 03, 2014, 01:15:50 AM

To be fair you did say "Dino" experts so I was concentrating on dinos. I did see the Cephalaspis but didn't recognize it as a Starlux. Nice catch.

Touché. ;)

Starlux Cephalaspis and Ouranosaurus were the big surprises of this lot. I didn't know they were among the others until I found them in the package. I was after the Laramis. The lot contained all of those except for the Plesiosaurus, plus various JP Series 1 and Die-Cast Metal figures, many Paninisaurs and a foursome of Inprosaurs (Protoceratops, Corythosaurus, Dimetrodon and Styracosaurus) and a huge number of early Nineties' Chinasaurs. Good deal for 37 euros. :)

I know little about Starlux. How rare are these two exactly?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Roselaar on September 03, 2014, 01:27:50 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on September 03, 2014, 01:15:50 AM

Touché. ;)

Starlux Cephalaspis and Ouranosaurus were the big surprises of this lot. I didn't know they were among the others until I found them in the package. I was after the Laramis. The lot contained all of those except for the Plesiosaurus, plus various JP Series 1 and Die-Cast Metal figures, many Paninisaurs and a foursome of Inprosaurs (Protoceratops, Corythosaurus, Dimetrodon and Styracosaurus) and a huge number of early Nineties' Chinasaurs. Good deal for 37 euros. :)

If you happen to score the pannini psittacosaurus give me a pm for sure !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 03, 2014, 02:47:11 PM

If you happen to score the pannini psittacosaurus give me a pm for sure !!!

I didn't know there was one. Am I missing something here?  ???

Doug Watson

Actually Starlux is one of the lines I have never collected so I don't know much about them. Their dinosaurs always looked cartoony to me but some of their other stuff like the Cephalaspis do look good. There is one listed on eBay France right now and the guy is "asking" 300 euros. Of course you can ask anything but looking at some of the other prices on ebay saying you did very well is an understatement.

alexeratops

I got my hands on the
Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus
Safari 2013 Gryposaurus
CollectA 2013 (I think) T-rex with prey
and the Shleich Parasauralophus
like a bantha!

Raptoress

My new childish acquisition, LOL.

SBell

Quote from: alexeratops on September 03, 2014, 03:25:26 PM
I got my hands on the
Carnegie 2012 Brachiosaurus
Safari 2013 Gryposaurus
CollectA 2013 (I think) T-rex with prey
and the Shleich Parasauralophus

It was 2012, but manufacture delays meant that they weren't available for the most part until 2013.

SBell

Quote from: Doug Watson on September 03, 2014, 03:08:44 PM

Actually Starlux is one of the lines I have never collected so I don't know much about them. Their dinosaurs always looked cartoony to me but some of their other stuff like the Cephalaspis do look good. There is one listed on eBay France right now and the guy is "asking" 300 euros. Of course you can ask anything but looking at some of the other prices on ebay saying you did very well is an understatement.

The Ouranosaurus is more notable as one of the first figures of the genus.

The Cephalaspis, along with the Drepanaspis, trilobite, brachiopod, some of the more unusual non-dinos and a few of the easy-break models (Synthetoceros, one of the Tanystropheus) are probably among the hardest to find in good shape, and can require ridiculous money to buy (although 300 Euros seems extreme).

Overall, their best figures are their not-dinosaurs. The range of reptiles and mammals is especially good.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: