You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 18, 2012, 04:11:12 AM
Quote from: SBell on May 18, 2012, 03:25:10 AMI tend to agree--it's almost Invicta-ish!  Maybe get a second one for painting.
Now I'm tempted to do that, too. Though I suspect I shall need a pretty good bit of luck to find this kit again at a comfortable price.

The Tamiya sets aren't expensive at all and easily available at HLJ :).

sauroid

Kaiyodo deep sea creatures

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 18, 2012, 06:05:56 AM
Quote from: Himmapaan on May 18, 2012, 04:11:12 AM
Quote from: SBell on May 18, 2012, 03:25:10 AMI tend to agree--it's almost Invicta-ish!  Maybe get a second one for painting.
Now I'm tempted to do that, too. Though I suspect I shall need a pretty good bit of luck to find this kit again at a comfortable price.

Actually I got mine from a Japanese seller on eBay, for £18.72.

I don't like Invicta/monochrome style, so I will be painting it  :P

Himmapaan

Quote from: SBell on May 18, 2012, 05:55:02 AM
As for the ray, here is an existing auction for the tigrinus:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klima-Miniature-Porcelain-Sting-Ray-Yellow-L883-/200747637677?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimalCollectables_SM&hash=item2ebd7ddbad#ht_2525wt_1037

She currently also has a 'grey' which looks a lot like hystrix.  I am currently awaiting a replacement for my motoro, as the one I received had a chipped tail (which makes it almost realistic!).  Now they just need to re-do these in resin or plastic!
Ah, it's Jackie's Attic. :D I've bought from her before, though from her website, rather than eBay.

A resin or plastic version would be great, though I'm actually fond of porcelain miniatures (which probably surprises nobody). But who would be persuaded to produce accurate mini china dinosaurs now?

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 18, 2012, 06:05:56 AM
Ah, thank you, Helge. I can never find things properly on HLJ. The Para kit is on backorder...

I also got the impression that the Tamiya dinosaurs were becoming scarcer. Perhaps because it took me some effort to find mine.

Bokisaurus

Okay, so finally got some new ones to share with you!
CollectA figures! >:D You can see more on the 2012 thread.

[

[

sauroid

very cool new acquisitions Boki.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

darylj

ive just started collecting and had my first delivery today!
i got the -
papo brown rex - great model
papo allosaurus - even greater model
papo styracosaurus - beautiful
wild safari nigersaurus - love it
carnegie carnotaurus - stunning
carnegie giganotosaurus - possibly the best dino model ive ever seen!

im blown away by the quality of these models... and im concerned that my bank balance is about to get a beating via online shopping tonight.... cos i wanna order more!!!!

Metallisuchus

Well you're definitely off to a great start. Those are my 2 usual brands. Wait til you check out Dinostoreus models (if you already haven't).

Dyscrasia

Jump into Sideshow Dinosauria~ ;)

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Dyscrasia on May 20, 2012, 02:00:30 PM
Jump into Sideshow Dinosauria~ ;)

Haha, yeah that won't put a dent in your back account : )

Jetoar

Hello. I bougth these figures two weeks ago and the last monday they arrived  :))

Bullyland Brachiosaurus and Paratypothorax, Disney Velociraptor and Jurassic Park Allosaurus. The Allosaurus is very hard to find because in Spain didn´t arrive. The other dinosaurs have the same situation  *orthocone*.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

I'm very envious of that Allosaurus. That is one of the few JP toys I'm looking for.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Quote from: Jetoar on May 22, 2012, 09:38:54 AM
I have found this Allosaurus in Ebay.

http://www.ebay.es/itm/1997-Kenner-Jurassic-Park-The-Lost-World-Dino-Damage-Medical-Center-Boxed-/310393741430?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4844e8a076#ht_1830wt_1185

But from my point of view is very expensieve  :-\ .

Oh yes, very. I see them on occasion too but they're usually missing parts from their body. I want the complete Allosaurus but I don't care about the lab itself or it being boxed or anything.

tyrantqueen

I got the new CollectA Mapusaurus. There was a small part of me hoping I might get a prototype....oh well.

Looking very chinasaur-ish here.

About 3 seconds after this photo was taken it toppled over ::)

As you can see it is the almost exact same size as the Tyrannosaurus  :)

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 22, 2012, 04:24:28 PM
I got the new CollectA Mapusaurus. There was a small part of me hoping I might get a prototype....oh well.

Looking very chinasaur-ish here.

About 3 seconds after this photo was taken it toppled over ::)

As you can see it is the almost exact same size as the Tyrannosaurus  :)

I am thrilled to see CollectA increase the size of there x-Large dinosaurs

Simon

Hmph.  So they got the head wrong on both the TRex and the Mapusaurus - the lower jaw is messed up in both figures, fuzzy detail, poor quality.  A step backward for Collecta.  You know, the Mapusaurus body doesn't look too bad in your pics.  But the arms, legs and head are a different story.

They really need to work on the detail for their theropod heads - for all their big steps forward the past few years, this is still one area where they have continually fallen short.  One need only look at the WS theropods to see that it can be done right on figures of this size ...

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Simon on May 22, 2012, 05:35:02 PM
Hmph.  So they got the head wrong on both the TRex and the Mapusaurus - the lower jaw is messed up in both figures, fuzzy detail, poor quality.  A step backward for Collecta.  You know, the Mapusaurus body doesn't look too bad in your pics.  But the arms, legs and head are a different story.

They really need to work on the detail for their theropod heads - for all their big steps forward the past few years, this is still one area where they have continually fallen short.  One need only look at the WS theropods to see that it can be done right on figures of this size ...
I understand what you're saying, and you a have a point, to a certain extent- the prototype should have been used for the final release, and it's a shame it wasn't.

I think you're hating on it too much though :) Would you really prefer something, say, like this instead?

The CollectA Eustreptospondylus above is a figure I would never, never consider buying a million years. There are better looking chinasaurs than this figure.
For a long time I considered all CollectA figures to be the same, cheap, cartoony plastic abominations. But now look at what's happened to them- I am actually excited about their new figures.
Shame we can't say the same about Schleich ...  *yuck*

Sorry if it seems like I am ranting, that wasn't my intention. Just my opinion  8)

Simon

All I am saying is that Collecta's theropods have not improved as much as their other dinosaurs.  Otherwise I love Collecta - heck, 3 years ago on the old board, I predicted that the way Collecta was going, they were soon going to vault into the Carnegie/WS territory - and they have.

The Therizinosaurus may just be my favorite plastic dino figure out of all companies, and that is saying something.

Mr. Beeson's contribution to the "Dinosaur Figure Revolution" (ie increased production of rare species, with better and better quality, prompting the competition to step up their game as well) has been perhaps the most influential event of dino figure collecting since Battat stopped its dino-line ...

Patrx

I'm with Simon on this one. The latest CollectA stuff has been miles ahead of their previous efforts (though they inexplicably still got their Triceratops' hands wrong). For some reason, the theropods - with the exception of that lovely Theri - remain pretty hideous. I feel no more inclined to buy their new Mapusaurus than I am to buy the old Eustreptospondylus. Here's hoping the upcoming Deinocheirus turns out as good as its promo photos :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: