News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

Picked up the CollectA Gastonia and Mosasaurus. Both incredible figures. The Mosasaurus in particular is one of my favourite figures ever. As much as I love the Carnegie Tylosaurus, the Mosasaurus blows it out of the water.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Roselaar

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 27, 2014, 07:50:27 AM
I noticed that the Collecta figures are quite prone to warping (mosasaur snout, quetz beak).  Are they made of softer plastic than, say, Favorite's?

Generally, yes. Especially the parts that stick out (beaks, tails, horns, etc.).

This just in today:

sauroid

that's a great looking rex Roselaar
just a couple of figures i got recently
takara tomy arts feathered rex

Favorite Co. first series green variant rex (i now have both the brown and this one)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoLord

@Roselaar - How did you fit the tail in your Rex? Even using a blunt knife I can't get a perfect fit on mine.

Roselaar

Quote from: DinoLord on September 27, 2014, 03:23:36 PM
@Roselaar - How did you fit the tail in your Rex? Even using a blunt knife I can't get a perfect fit on mine.

The Neanderthal method: roughly forcing it in until it surrenders and clicks into place, even though it did seem kinda risky to the paint job and structural integrity of the tail. I sure as heck won't even be able to get it out though. Sega really has never been good at making tails fit onto bodies properly. I still have a Stegosaurus whose tail just won't fit onto the rest of the figure... :-/

That Tomy feathered Rex kinda looks like the upcoming Safari Yutyrannus in terms of colour.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 27, 2014, 11:37:34 AM
....... As much as I love the Carnegie Tylosaurus, the [CollectA] Mosasaurus blows it out of the water.

Nah! ... Never ;D!!!

@ Roselaar:  I like the new SEGA Shinzen T. rex much better than the old version. Congrats :)!

@ sauroid:  Is that Favorite Tyrannosaurus really that green or did you play a bit with the colours?

SBell

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 27, 2014, 08:31:16 PM
....... As much as I love the Carnegie Tylosaurus, the [CollectA] Mosasaurus blows it out of the water.

Nah! ... Never ;D!!!

Sorry, but it really is. The texture and details of the skin, the modern tail fluke, and the dedicated sculpt of things like the mouth are major steps up--and that Carnegie Tylosaurus is still arguably one of that line's best figures in the last 5 or 6 years.

docronnie

Quote from: DinoLord on September 27, 2014, 03:23:36 PM

If its made of plastic, try placing the tail in warm water for a few minutes, then put the tail in with ease. Hope this helps! 😊

I acquired a Safari Oviraptor with nest yesterday at the Collecticon, but I'm reducing my dino collection now. Congrats everyone on your hauls! 😊
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Seijun

I put the sega vinyls together by holding the key part of the tail in hot water first.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

DinoLord

Hm I'll try hot water. I already tried a hairdryer which didn't do too much

sauroid

Nah! ... Never ;D!!!

@ Roselaar:  I like the new SEGA Shinzen T. rex much better than the old version. Congrats :)!

@ sauroid:  Is that Favorite Tyrannosaurus really that green or did you play a bit with the colours?
that is its natural green paint  ;D
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Hynerpeton

Dino tales stegosaurus and prehistoric turtle

Henodus and prehistoric birds
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Ultimatedinoking

Weird half dimetrodon and theropod hybrid.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

sauroid

new stuff from recent splurge

sega dino king minis

three different sega dino king mini T. rexes

Kaiyodo DT blue var. Siamotyrannus

Kaiyodo DT Archaeopteryx

Kaiyodo Sinosauropteryx

Kabaya dino world Archaeopteryx

Kabaya dino world Quetzalcoatlus (missing bases)

will post the rest next time

DinoLord

Where did you find the Dinotales Archaeopteryx?

Alexxitator

Quote from: DinoLord on September 29, 2014, 12:37:12 PM
Where did you find the Dinotales Archaeopteryx?

Dunno where he found his, but you can find one right here:
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/200905871881?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

A few very fine pieces acquired by u all. Especially the listed Kaiyodo's like this one  ;)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Roselaar

Good haul, sauroid! Very interesting, the diversity in Segasaurs.

Bokisaurus

Kaiyodo Aquatales series 1 Coelacanth figure
[]

alexeratops

Cool, I've always wanted a good coelocanth. Lucky you. ;)
like a bantha!

Brontozaurus

Quote from: SBell on September 27, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Nah! ... Never ;D!!!

Sorry, but it really is. The texture and details of the skin, the modern tail fluke, and the dedicated sculpt of things like the mouth are major steps up--and that Carnegie Tylosaurus is still arguably one of that line's best figures in the last 5 or 6 years.

The Collecta Mosasaurus also just looks more real than the Carnegie Tylosaurus. It's got a lot to do with the head and the beady little eyes. It just feels a lot more like a real animal.

My only real problem is that the Mosasaurus sits flat on the ground like it's beached or something, just like 99% of every other marine reptile figure ever. The Carnegie Tylo has a lovely sense of movement just from resting on the edges of its flippers. Hopefully we'll get more active-looking marine reptiles from Collecta in the future.

"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: