News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

Quote from: Roselaar on September 29, 2014, 09:05:51 PM
Good haul, sauroid! Very interesting, the diversity in Segasaurs.
thanks Roselaar.

some more new ones plus new doubles
Bandai rexes

Kabaya dino world Triceratops

Bandai Triceratops and an unknown baby Ankylosaur

K Diplodocus and an unbranded Stego

K Pteranodon and an odd looking unbranded Pteranodon

an interesting looking Dimetrodon figure

mixed Sega dinoking minis

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Megalosaurus

Nice figures sauroid.

I got the issue #3 of the 4ft T. Rex Skeleton + Skin.
Pictures and details at:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2570.0
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Hynerpeton

Who makes the dimetrodon ?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Roselaar

Wow, those 'unbranded' figures ripped off Carnegie something fierce. :)

laticauda

Quote from: Roselaar on September 30, 2014, 09:12:41 PM
Wow, those 'unbranded' figures ripped off Carnegie something fierce. :)

I was out at the store the other day and I saw some interesting cheap dinosaurs that looked like Safari's.  I took a closer look, and I believe the company was Discovery Kids, They are almost an exact, cheep, copies of the Safari line.  The How often do you see a paint job like the wild safari stegosaurus, well the Discovery kids stegosaurus, SAME COLOR AND STYLE.

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 30, 2014, 12:50:26 PM
Quote from: SBell on September 27, 2014, 08:58:25 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on September 27, 2014, 08:31:16 PM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on September 27, 2014, 11:37:34 AM
....... As much as I love the Carnegie Tylosaurus, the [CollectA] Mosasaurus blows it out of the water.

Nah! ... Never ;D!!!

Sorry, but it really is. The texture and details of the skin, the modern tail fluke, and the dedicated sculpt of things like the mouth are major steps up--and that Carnegie Tylosaurus is still arguably one of that line's best figures in the last 5 or 6 years.

The Collecta Mosasaurus also just looks more real than the Carnegie Tylosaurus. It's got a lot to do with the head and the beady little eyes. It just feels a lot more like a real animal.

My only real problem is that the Mosasaurus sits flat on the ground like it's beached or something, just like 99% of every other marine reptile figure ever. The Carnegie Tylo has a lovely sense of movement just from resting on the edges of its flippers. Hopefully we'll get more active-looking marine reptiles from Collecta in the future.

...but until CollectA starts using a firmer plastic, they'll still end up on their bellies.  ;)

Bokisaurus

The last of the Favorite Prehistoric Life series finally arrived, all beautiful and well sculpted figures. More photos in their respective threads.
[
Bonus :))
[]

stargatedalek

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on October 01, 2014, 12:33:48 AM...but until CollectA starts using a firmer plastic, they'll still end up on their bellies.  ;)
some CollectA are much better than others in that regard

congrats Bokisaurus, that dunkleosteus and Napoleon wrasse are beautiful

alexeratops

Nice favorites! I'm going to get those one day, one day...
like a bantha!

docronnie

Congrats Boki on your Favorites!  I only want the Velociraptor, if I ever chance upon it.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Alexxitator

Here are my recent new pieces.
I bought the entire Plesio set from Kayodo, so now have the skeleton Plesi double. Not shown in the picture because I left it in the package. And the seller added yet another dancing bear lol.
The skulls were a very cheap find on Ebay and I really like them. Especially for the price I paid. $.0,99 for the smaller one, measuring some 8 centimeters. S&H was $.3,- I think. The bigger one I won for $.8,- I think, free shipping. Measuring 19 centimeters.

I am really happy with them all. Oh, sorry for the poor pics.

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Roselaar

Look who else got himself a Pelecanimimus and Concavenator:  :)

Can you blame me? These are magnificent!

Hynerpeton

A Dino tales stegosaurus and prehistoric turtle. Who i have no idea how to put together. Lol
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

stargatedalek

Din Tales turtle, is it sinemys, archelon, or meiolania? (or is there another I don't know of?)

Hynerpeton

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 03, 2014, 01:04:16 AM
Din Tales turtle, is it sinemys, archelon, or meiolania? (or is there another I don't know of?)

Sinemy
Walking With Monsers:

Alexxitator

Quote from: predino on October 03, 2014, 01:19:49 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 03, 2014, 01:04:16 AM

Sinemy

Nope sorry. It's the capsule Q Archelon by Kaiyodo.
This is the Kaiyodo Sinemys
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

EmperorDinobot

Boy have I got a treat for you. Sorry for the dark video, but I got this for my Batcave:
http://youtu.be/i0aNc0KmH9Q

Apologies for the super dark video feel free to enlarge.

This was from a Nat Geo animatronic dinosaur collection back from 2000. I have a Crocodile, a Dilophosaurus, Velociraptor and Stegosaurus that is perfectly in scale with other JP Stegosaurus. I'm missing the Brachiosaurus and the Triceratops. If anyone knows where to locate them, let me know. It moves its eyes, too if too hard to see. It's beautiful. I love it. Someday I might film the other three.

Patrx

Wow, that's really cool! Where did you get it? I wouldn't mind seeing how the other three look in action.

EmperorDinobot

I got it with a bunch of other dinos I put up for sale! I'm so proud of it, it's definitely the summer's best find, and the fact that it still worked was just absolutely magical.

Roselaar

I remember those animatronic dinosaurs from way back. For some reason (probably monetary) I didn't buy them back in the days. I do have a T-Rex though, but it's sadly busted. These look rather outdated (and the Dilophosaurus is more than a little JP inspired), but they're still lovely.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: