You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

I hope you meant most recent and not last as that would be tragic .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

new ones
2005 TOMY JP inspired Velociraptor

glad to be able to get this early version of Schleich's Quetzalcoatlus (now im crossing my fingers for the Anhanguera)

got another Favorite Pteranodon sternbergi

a chinasaur Ceratosaurus

the classic WS Spino

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: sauroid on October 28, 2014, 03:28:19 PM
[...]
glad to be able to get this early version of Schleich's Quetzalcoatlus (now im crossing my fingers for the Anhanguera)
[...]
Yes Schleich used to have some very nice figures.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Nebuloid

These figures came in today :

And I got some new dvds :

Roselaar

Nebuloid

Quote from: Roselaar on October 29, 2014, 04:58:38 PM
Great haul, Nebuloid! :)

Thanks ! Your videos this week inspired me to spent some money...  ( At Speelboer ) ;)

Roselaar

Quote from: Nebuloid on October 29, 2014, 05:08:11 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on October 29, 2014, 04:58:38 PM
Great haul, Nebuloid! :)

Thanks ! Your videos this week inspired me to spent some money...  ( At Speelboer ) ;)

And so we all make our little contributions to the economy. :)

laticauda

Quote from: Nebuloid on October 29, 2014, 03:04:05 PM

I enjoy watching Planet Dinosaur with my kids, it might be their favorite.  Then they want to watch land before time@  Of course they like WWD as well. 

stargatedalek

I went to my first meeting with my math tutor today, I think it went really well and I got along with her really well. Then my mom took me to value village, I picked out a ton of shirts, some fishing themed pajamas, some shirts with eagle patterns, and some transformers shirts which are really cool. Despite my desperately trying to save money right now I just couldn't pass up on some knock-off JP and some chap mei.

The knock-off JPS1 raptor is actually pretty interesting. Its not just a plain recast, its a re-sculpt, which to be honest had me thinking it might have been from another Hasbro line for a few seconds until I saw it had to makers info on it. The plastic is also very soft and malleable, reminiscent of the plastic safari ltd uses for some of their pterosaurs (IE tupandactylus(/tapejara) and ornithocheirus).

The stegosaurus by Scientific Toys ltd (a brand as yet unfamiliar to me) is nice, but not amazing. It definitely has a lot of detail for its size, but the soft material is prone to damage (as further obvious by this being a second hand figure). The neck is unseemingly short and the thagomizers are positioned vertically, but other than that it appears fairly accurate.

I don't know why it appears so often, but this is probably my fourth or fifth green/purple Chap Mei ornitholestes. In contrast I only have the one white/red (which for whatever reason has a much more detailed paint app). Both pictured are second hand.

alexeratops

WHOOSH

*blown away*
like a bantha!

Nebuloid

Quote from: alexeratops on November 02, 2014, 01:32:04 AM

WHOOSH

*blown away*

Haha I always do big purchases a few times a year, almost never buy single figures...

DinoLord

Just won an auction with all the Horizon JP kits. Now I'm gonna have an extra Brachiosaurus  - maybe I can have it painted like the one from JP3...

alexeratops

Quote from: Nebuloid on November 02, 2014, 03:08:23 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on November 02, 2014, 01:32:04 AM

WHOOSH

*blown away*

Haha I always do big purchases a few times a year, almost never buy single figures...
And I almost never get figures at all, only on birthdays, holidays, ect. You're lucky compared to me. :D
like a bantha!

Roselaar

Quote from: DinoLord on November 02, 2014, 11:15:20 PM
Just won an auction with all the Horizon JP kits. Now I'm gonna have an extra Brachiosaurus  - maybe I can have it painted like the one from JP3...

All of them? That must have cost you a small fortune... But considering their splendour, it may likely be worth it. :)

DinoLord

With shipping included it came out to something like $87 per kit. Having them finished, on the other hand...  ::)

Mighty King

My first Liopleurodon. Made in Sri Lanka

Nebuloid

Quote from: Mighty King on November 04, 2014, 11:46:14 AM
My first Liopleurodon. Made in Sri Lanka

Whoah Sri Lanka !? I see even its tongue has camouflage, thats helpfull... ^-^

Anyway I had even more figures come in today, went for animals other than the usual :

Many of these are MUCH bigger than I anticipated, and I dont remember ordering 2 Mojo Deinotheriums, oops. 8)

alexeratops

Once again, I am thoroughly WOWED.  :))

Coming soon for me: Collecta Bistaheversor!
like a bantha!

Roselaar

Quote from: Nebuloid on November 04, 2014, 12:03:57 PM

Anyway I had even more figures come in today, went for animals other than the usual :

Many of these are MUCH bigger than I anticipated, and I dont remember ordering 2 Mojo Deinotheriums, oops. 8)

Very good haul! Were did you get the Mojo and FameMaster anatomy figures? I'm still looking for a European site that sells them.

Nebuloid

Quote from: Roselaar on November 04, 2014, 02:32:21 PM
Quote from: Nebuloid on November 04, 2014, 12:03:57 PM

Very good haul! Were did you get the Mojo and FameMaster anatomy figures? I'm still looking for a European site that sells them.

This whole order came from urzeitshop.de, took only 2 days to get to the Netherlands.
The anatomy Trex isnt from Famemaster, but Revell, got it at ToysXL...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: