You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 05, 2015, 03:57:07 AM
Finally, after three auctions, won this "Mcgrady" Triceratops. I'm assuming CM Studios. Anyone got this or know anything about it?

Photo directly from Ebay page.

It's smaller than his current offerings..but there may have been a time when he sold those early on. You could try emailing Charlie and asking?

tyrantqueen

Charlie McGrady sculpted a series of smaller dinosaurs that he sold via Alchemy Works (I think). I used to have his Ceratosaurus, but Amarga owns it now.

radioactive347

Well, I went to Goodwill to see if I could find anything... *sighs* I love chinasaurs, but the only reason I bought this one was because there was virtually no damage, and it would've been cruel to leave it sitting on a shelf alone.  :P

Edit: Forgot to post the picture!!  :o

triceratops83

Sounds like I picked up something pretty rare. I'll post some pics when it shows up in the mail.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

alexeratops

These beauties came from Dan's dinosaurs! :))

The Sauropelta has more of a tan-ish brown color than yellow.

So many feathers!

Awesome!
like a bantha!

JohannesB

This Invicta Stegosaurus arrived today. I already have one, but it is a bit worn and the color starts to fade. It may not be the most remarkable or beautiful Stegosaurus figure to many (apart from its inaccuracies), but I like it for its own sake. Hopefully I will soon receive the Invicta Blue Whale, and then my Invicta series (I only have one of each of the unpainted figures) will be complete.

alexeratops

Can you guys see the pictures in my above post? Concavenator said he can't see them. How about you guys?
like a bantha!

Neon-Allo

Quote from: alexeratops on January 07, 2015, 02:03:04 AM
Can you guys see the pictures in my above post? Concavenator said he can't see them. How about you guys?
No I'm not able to see the images.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: alexeratops on January 07, 2015, 02:03:04 AM

nope. you need an address that ends in jpg or another image format.

even trying to use addresses you posted as links didn't work as i received this message:

"403. That's an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /l_Y78kovQqUCztyUFfcgmBFINqqaO1zRXr8oNBUCvPPS_TaqJAVYY6oeEcYmfNPFNhiyuNbS5A=w1342-h557 from this server. (Client IP address: 71.87.193.31)

Forbidden That's all we know."

Maybe you have it set to "private" ?

Zhuchengotyrant

Hey! The 2015 Safari sauropelta and Yutyrannus came in the mail today! :)
-Zhuchengotyrant

kreativtek

My girlfriend's 3-dollar Papo Spinosaurus arrived in mail today. I was surprised to see that it is one of the earlier releases. With its more slanted pose and lighter paintjob, the dinosaur looks significantly different from my model. I think it could be a female Spinosaurus. :)

alexeratops

I can't seem to work it out. i got the new Wild Safari Sauropelta, Yutyrannus, and Nasutoceratops. I will try to make reviews on them, and I can post them on here. :)
like a bantha!

Bokisaurus

tyrantqueen

They look like repainted Chap Meis with some Kenner and Lontics thrown in.

CityRaptor

Looks like Hasbro's JP III Dilophosaurus without the frill, action features and an unpainted wound.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Tallin

I ordered the CollectA Ampelosaurus and Alamosaurus, plus the Safari Guanlong a couple of days ago from ED, and they arrived today! The Guanlong is partially brown as I'm repainting her as the safari paintwork can't really be described as a work of art...though I very much like the sculpt and pose!

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Ampelosaurus is pretty awesome..one of my favorite CollectA sauropods.

Jetoar

These are my three mage kings presents  ^-^.

and the new Mojo figures.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Fofer

Good presents Jetoar! descent ...jeje I also play.Good eduland dinosaurs.

The mage kings gave me this presents  ;)

Brachiosaurus,Tyrannosaurus rex and baby triceratops(I painted his eyes) and Chlamydosaurus kingii, not a dinosaur but is cool.

sauroid

it's nice that you guys celebrate the three mage kings in Spain. and i didnt know they'd release the Mojo figures so soon.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: