You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 05, 2015, 05:12:34 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 03, 2015, 12:34:00 AM
I think I lucked out at 130.00 for it...especially considering what Monsters in Motion wants for one.

Wow! That's way less than I would have guessed was it properly identified? I would have guessed around $500.00.
I just lucked out on something that I have seen go for well over $200.00, I got it for about half of that. I hope you weren't bidding on it too since I know you are looking for these. I actually got 2 fifths of the set in two auctions. I thought I might really steal the big item since it was only listed as a Vintage 1960's era Brontosaurus Dinosaur Model Kit and left off the key identifier (any guesses). Unfortunately at least two other bidders seemed to know what it was. I haven't got it yet but I'll share it here when I get it (I hope).

It was listed as a Chiodosaurus but not that it was possibly built/painted by Charles Chiodo. That would have driven the price up I think. The last kit version I tried to get sold for 250.00. 

I know what you mean, I did have it on watch but it went up a bit and I had other auctions too. Yeah when I saw the price start climbing I had a feeling others knew what it was.  I tried for a full set of three of them around Christmas/January...lost those too..even with a damaged tail on the Bronto.

I tell you one that blew me out of the water a month or so ago. There was a listing for a "dinosaur statue" for 20.00 From everything I could see it was actually a Jonas Studio Brontosaurus sculpture. I had it for 20.00 up until the last day..then the price just kept going up..someone else realized what it might be I guess.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Patrx on March 05, 2015, 05:54:48 PM
That Neovenator is beautiful! Does Mr. Nascimento sell his models online somewhere? I'm frequently impressed by his work.

You can contact him via Facebook if you are there too. If not I could help you out and talk to him for you.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 05, 2015, 07:08:44 PM
I tell you one that blew me out of the water a month or so ago. There was a listing for a "dinosaur statue" for 20.00 From everything I could see it was actually a Jonas Studio Brontosaurus sculpture. I had it for 20.00 up until the last day..then the price just kept going up..someone else realized what it might be I guess.

Oh wow! I just found it and it only went for $112.00 I would have been still in it at that price. It looks like the smaller version. We had all the big Jonas statues at the museum and we used to get blank diorama shells from them in the 80s.  We had their catalogue and all those statues were still available but were pricey back then now the family is selling off the estate and are looking for mega bucks so eBay is about the only place to get one.

Roselaar

Received this wonderful (and big!) Jasman Gallimimus today:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 05, 2015, 07:59:48 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 05, 2015, 07:08:44 PM

Oh wow! I just found it and it only went for $112.00 I would have been still in it at that price. It looks like the smaller version. We had all the big Jonas statues at the museum and we used to get blank diorama shells from them in the 80s.  We had their catalogue and all those statues were still available but were pricey back then now the family is selling off the estate and are looking for mega bucks so eBay is about the only place to get one.

The thing was it wasn't a 100% sure thing. I was in at 100.00 to take a chance you know?  I couldn't find the exact one anywhere online either..the base was a bit different. I was just out of my depth.  There was a line of smaller reproductions featured in PT in the 90's, but they were discontinued before I could afford them. Would love to find a full set to eventually add to our museum I hope to build. They are a huge part of dinosaur history.

Ikessauro

That Galli is so cool, I've been looking for one in good condition for a while! Great find!

sauroid

a couple of Smilodons
Fame Master

NBGI
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Got in two big lots today:

Mostly old Schleich, some good figures, some less so. Also a bit of old Papo and Bullyland. Some of these are now for sale in my thread.

And here's some new stuff from Safari, Papo and Rebor. All wonderful models. The Rebor Utahraptor is a beauty, I'm definitely aiming to get the others in the future!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Only one word describes this.....HAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jetoar

Quote from: Megalosaurus on March 03, 2015, 06:39:49 PM
Quote from: Jetoar on March 03, 2015, 04:21:08 PM
My last acquistions of a flea market.
:)).

Felicidades.
Me gustan los huevos de dragón y el parasaurolophus café.
Así que hablas español. ¿De que se trata "El Clan"? No lo había escuchado.

---

Yes partner. I speak spanish ^^. The Clan is an aventure of a children of 200.000 years ago  ^-^.

Congratulations.
I like the dragon eggs and the brown parasaurolophus
So you speak spanish. What is "El Clan" about? I've never hear of it.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Pilkington

I picked up a Pegasus Hobbies Tyrannosaurus model the other day.  I wasn't really looking to buy this kit but can across one for $25 and couldn't pass it up.  I'm actually really looking forward to starting it but unfortunately I'm right in the middle of a custom for my brother so the Rex will have to wait until that's done.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on March 07, 2015, 09:20:47 PM
What store do you use?

That looks like an auction lot (or two) from ebay.

docronnie

Beautiful acquisitions everyone!  :)

That's an AWESOME haul, Roselaar, as always! :)

Very nice Pilkington! Congrats! :)

It's summer here and I could sense the drought ....

Safari Ltd toobs

Bandai Dinosaur Museum Collection Triceratops and calf
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

sauroid

whoah those are awesome docronnie. 'grats. ;-)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Quote from: suspsy on March 07, 2015, 09:20:47 PM
What store do you use?

Everything Dinosaur for the new stuff; scored the old stuff on Marktplaats, a Dutch eBay like site. Both have done well by me in the past, too. :)

Alexxitator

Just made a waaaaay to big order on ww.urzeitshop.de
A pity they don't carry the Rebors, but they did have the new Papo's, and a whole slew of Collecta and Safari I was still missing, and also the new Yuty, Nasuceratops.
I can show some pics in about a week if all goes well.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

spinosaurus1

I am very pleased with this guy

Tallin

Wow! That Godzilla is amazing!

I just received these two lovely collectAsaurs:

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on March 08, 2015, 03:09:30 PM
I am very pleased with this guy

That's the 24" Neca right?  I love mine, best figure of the 2014 design I think. It satisfies the need for a larger figure that is also detailed, having the roar from the film is a double bonus.
Quote from: Tallin on March 08, 2015, 03:52:50 PM
Wow! That Godzilla is amazing!

I just received these two lovely collectAsaurs:

Nice score, the Carcharodontosaurus is a really excellent figure .

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: