You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZaZZU2

SBell

As I mentioned elsewhere, I had a Safari order come in for the store--which means I have new Safari figures!

The new dinos:
(I already had three of these, but finally got the Pachyrhinosaurus). It took way too long to get these in here in Canada.

And the 2015 ones (other than the Archaeopteryx--only have enough for the store!)

The Desert and Cave dragons (the kids bought those, but of the 4 this year, these ones are amazing):

The desert critters from last year. Finally got an actual Peccary and Gila Monster:

The Incredible Creatures Grouper, to go with the IC Bass:

And the IC Shrimp (looks less cooked than I thought from the original photos)

And of course some new sharks--last year's thresher shark, plus the new tiger shark and nurse shark (shockingly, my first nurse shark--I know there are a couple of models out there, but I've never had one).

Patrx

Congrats on your new Safaris, SBell! Those are all exceptional figures, in my opinion.

Here's one I've been after for ages, the Kaiyodo Coelophysis:

A favorite dinosaur of mine, but one that's rarely made in model form. This is a great piece, but I think I like the other color variant better. Anyone want to trade?  ;D

docronnie

Quote from: Patrx on May 17, 2015, 11:59:47 PM
Congrats on your new Safaris, SBell! Those are all exceptional figures, in my opinion.

Here's one I've been after for ages, the Kaiyodo Coelophysis:

A favorite dinosaur of mine, but one that's rarely made in model form. This is a great piece, but I think I like the other color variant better. Anyone want to trade?  ;D

If I had an extra, I would have traded with you.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Arul

Great new collection  :D

tanystropheus

Quote from: SBell on May 17, 2015, 11:16:06 PM
As I mentioned elsewhere, I had a Safari order come in for the store--which means I have new Safari figures!

The new dinos:
(I already had three of these, but finally got the Pachyrhinosaurus). It took way too long to get these in here in Canada.

And the 2015 ones (other than the Archaeopteryx--only have enough for the store!)

The Desert and Cave dragons (the kids bought those, but of the 4 this year, these ones are amazing):

The desert critters from last year. Finally got an actual Peccary and Gila Monster:

And of course some new sharks--last year's thresher shark, plus the new tiger shark and nurse shark (shockingly, my first nurse shark--I know there are a couple of models out there, but I've never had one).

Gorgeous collection!! The IC shrimp looks quite realistic with that translucent material. Sorry, I snipped all the photos  ;)

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 18, 2015, 02:51:51 PM
Quote from: SBell on May 17, 2015, 11:16:06 PM

The new dinos:

Gorgeous collection!! The IC shrimp looks quite realistic with that translucent material. Sorry, I snipped all the photos  ;)

It's a pretty good model--and fairly big too. And I don't blame you for snipping all the pictures. There were a lot!

Fofer

laticauda

Nice haul.  The Shrimp looks really nice too, didn't expect that. 

Doug Watson

Just received the big blue Barney from the 60s Flintstones Hunting Party. It was an eBay buy, has a few scuffs but is in good displayable condition. Still missing the Stegosaurus and the T rex.
Missed out on a damaged stegosaurus that I planned to restore but someone was willing to pay more.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 20, 2015, 02:54:21 PM
Just received the big blue Barney from the 60s Flintstones Hunting Party. It was an eBay buy, has a few scuffs but is in good displayable condition. Still missing the Stegosaurus and the T rex.
Missed out on a damaged stegosaurus that I planned to restore but someone was willing to pay more.

Is that the Barney that had been on eBay awhile? I kept seeing one every time I looked for Hunting Party pieces.

I've always found it funny, I think I have a good idea of what something is worth  then I get outbid. Either I'm wrong or some people are nuts.. lol

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 20, 2015, 06:11:57 PM
Is that the Barney that had been on eBay awhile? I kept seeing one every time I looked for Hunting Party pieces.
I've always found it funny, I think I have a good idea of what something is worth  then I get outbid. Either I'm wrong or some people are nuts.. lol

It is one of them, I think this one had been listed at $19.99 but was relisted at $16.99 so I decided to put a bid in and got it at that price. I actually only paid $15.00 for the very mint Fred but most sellers list these in the $66 range so I decided to grab it. There is another Barney that is in better shape that has been relisted again and again at BIN $66, I just noticed that seller has finally dropped the price to $55 which still think is too much.
On the stegosaurus it was missing the snout and some plates and I was going to repair it and match the colour so I thought $37.00 was a fair price but someone beat me by one dollar. Who knows how high that bidder was prepared to go. Its a shame since I really wanted to restore it to its former glory.

stargatedalek

JW Indominus Rex, more pictures and a review on the DTF should be coming sometime soon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 20, 2015, 06:30:23 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 20, 2015, 06:11:57 PM

It is one of them, I think this one had been listed at $19.99 but was relisted at $16.99 so I decided to put a bid in and got it at that price. I actually only paid $15.00 for the very mint Fred but most sellers list these in the $66 range so I decided to grab it. There is another Barney that is in better shape that has been relisted again and again at BIN $66, I just noticed that seller has finally dropped the price to $55 which still think is too much.
On the stegosaurus it was missing the snout and some plates and I was going to repair it and match the colour so I thought $37.00 was a fair price but someone beat me by one dollar. Who knows how high that bidder was prepared to go. Its a shame since I really wanted to restore it to its former glory.

Hard to say..they might do the same and fix it up..whether for themselves or to resale though...

Cammy

Just a few things I've picked up recently. The GeoWorld Ice Age and Dinosaurs "To Go" tubs were $4 each at The Reject Shop and the Wind-Up Triceratops was $3 at Kmart. The other stuff is the bonus toys that came with the issue 90 of Dinosaur Action.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Cammy on May 21, 2015, 04:10:16 AM
Just a few things I've picked up recently. The GeoWorld Ice Age and Dinosaurs "To Go" tubs were $4 each at The Reject Shop and the Wind-Up Triceratops was $3 at Kmart. The other stuff is the bonus toys that came with the issue 90 of Dinosaur Action.

Intriguing. What's in those to-go tubs, if I might ask? I didn't know those existed.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 21, 2015, 04:29:19 AM
Quote from: Cammy on May 21, 2015, 04:10:16 AM

Intriguing. What's in those to-go tubs, if I might ask? I didn't know those existed.

I used to have the mammals one in my store, but I can't seem to get them anymore (or anything frmo GeoWorld).

It has an anthracothere, woolly rhino, mammoth, smilodon, cave lion and giant cheetah (Acinonyx pardinensis). Although, not exactly Safari or Kaiyodo-level quality.

Jetoar

Nice aquisitions, These are my last it  ^-^.

I found it in a local strore with a good price. Big Convoy is from Ebay and yesterday I bought the Allosaurus of JW  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

suspsy

Big Convoy is a swell toy. I find it especially amusing how it's possible to remove almost all of the beast mode kibble and reassemble it.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Now the true question is: Can he ride one of the Rexes?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: