You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on June 04, 2015, 06:32:12 PM
Probably my last Carnegie order :'(

That owl looks almost as sad as I do right now.  :'( But that Tylosaurus is a great way to end your Carn collection. I still got a few ways to go, my newest addition being...

Well you'll have to see in a few hours. XD I've finally compiled all my new dinos since my last newest acquisitions thread and they are ready for a quick photo op. Sadly, my SECRET PROJECT has not arrived yet and I'm kinda pissed, but that's what happens when you deal with other countries.

Halichoeres

Secret project? Intriguing.

I got these in an eBay lot. They weren't on my wishlist, but I guess I'll hang onto them until I find replacements. Anyone want to trade a AAA Gallimimus for this Battat? Also looking for a Favorite Saurolophus, but this one will do in the meantime.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

This just arrived in the mail:

I'll spend the weekend building JW before seeing it this Monday.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on June 06, 2015, 02:26:31 PM
This just arrived in the mail:

I'll spend the weekend building JW before seeing it this Monday.
Nice! Enjoy.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Not sure if this counts.

Wal-Mart Take and Bake Pizza with a Velociraptor on it. I plan on cutting the Raptor off and pining it on my wall

Arul

Lol best pizza box ever

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Takama on June 07, 2015, 12:20:39 AM
Not sure if this counts.

Wal-Mart Take and Bake Pizza with a Velociraptor on it. I plan on cutting the Raptor off and pining it on my wall

I hope you clean it properly first.

Takama

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on June 07, 2015, 05:16:57 AM
Not sure if this counts.

The Pizza was Wrapped in Plastic so nothing got on the Raptor

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Takama on June 07, 2015, 05:18:35 AM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on June 07, 2015, 05:16:57 AM
Not sure if this counts.

The Pizza was Wrapped in Plastic so nothing got on the Raptor

Clever Wal-Mart...

Jetoar

My last acquisitions  ^-^.

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

suchomimus

Just came back from Tokyo, Japan. Raided Akihabara and Nakano resulting in this awesome haul!  ^-^

Thank you brettnj, for your advice! Though I must admit, I was quite lucky at second hand stores haha.

(clockwise from the boxes) Colorata Dino and Fossil Fish boxes, Favorites, ?? (see http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=84.msg101164#msg101164 for ID request), Monster Hunter, Kaiyodos.

Kudos to all who could identify the little kaiyodos despite the blur  :))

Nebuloid

Wow one of the best hauls ever !

sauroid

awesome hauls, suchomimus. japanese second hand stores are the best. ;)

just a few of my recent ones
NBGI Archaeopteryx (too bad about the over sized fingers)

Yujin Therizinosaurus

Hasbro 2000 raptor

Favorite Pachy

Carnegie Quetzalcoatlus (brown var.)

Favorite series 1 Plesiosaurus

Favorite series 2 Pteranodon sternbergi

Colorata Parasaurolophus

Colorata Stego, Ankylo, Trike

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suchomimus

Woah nice catch there too sauroid! Those are some rare figures you don't see everyday, the NGBI and coloratas o_o

Roselaar

All fabulous hauls, folks! I see a lot of wonderful figures! :)

CityRaptor

Congratulations on those awesome figures...and the JPIII and JW ones.  ;D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Here's some JW goodies I won/received at the premiere and press event and stuff, plus two of the better Hasbro figures I just bought.

Must be old age, but I'm getting more and more picky over what JP figures I do and don't buy. I'm a huge completist, but I left most of the other Hasbro figures at the store due to their poor quality.

CityRaptor

I think it is because you wisening up. You already have large numbers of JP figures, including lots of extras. Thus shelf space might become scarce, causing you to think more about if you want a figure or not. The poor quality of Hasbro's figures is another important factor.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Meso-Cenozoic

Boy, I haven't visited this thread in awhile. So many wonderful acquisitions, all! Congrats!!

I just happily won these guys...

I have been wanting a painted Invicta Diplo for years! And this one is in incredibly nice condition. And it comes with a bonus painted Baryonyx, also in great condition! All for only $12.99!!! :))
Now I just need the painted Brontosaurus! 8)

docronnie

I envy you terribly, Roselaar.  Congrats on those JW goodies!  :)

Excellent catch, Meso! :)

What I got recently:

Bullyland Pteranodon

Collecta Brachiosaurus - 2009

TFL!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: