You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

...some rarities first:   ;)

Safari DoC Mamenchisaurus, AAA Smilodon (small version), Toyway WWD Ankylosaurus, Invicta Liopleurodon & Baryonyx

...then some Geoworld:

Have a nice day   :)

Alexxitator

The new Kaiyodo Capsule Q set  :)
They are very similar to their previous editions, though not the exact same pieces.
All in all a lovely set I found affordable on Ebay

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

sauroid

Quote from: Alexxitator on September 11, 2015, 03:06:20 PM
They are very similar to their previous editions, though not the exact same pieces.

they arent remolds/repaints of the old dino tales figures? can you post side by side pics?  :)
very cool btw
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Uroplatus

Great new additions. :)

Robin, i'm jealous of that Mamenchisaurus;D
Do you also have the other AAA prehistoric mammals?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Uroplatus on September 11, 2015, 07:35:04 PM

The funny thing about Mamenchisaurus is that I found it in Treviso (Italy), a city near Milano ( where I live)......   ::)

My little AAA collection:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157656159031763

My collection is totally online; If you wanna check:   https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/sets/72157650140713189/

Have a nice day  :)

Alexxitator

Quote from: sauroid on September 11, 2015, 04:13:47 PM
Quote from: Alexxitator on September 11, 2015, 03:06:20 PM

they arent remolds/repaints of the old dino tales figures? can you post side by side pics?  :)
very cool btw

These I have both versions of:

Shape of heads and appendages. V- on the back.

Tail, shape of the plate, curve of the appendages.

Shape and number of fins.

Many differences

Shapes 'n curves

The new one has a mouth :-) Many differences here too

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Uroplatus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on September 11, 2015, 08:10:00 PM

The funny thing about Mamenchisaurus is that I found it in Treviso (Italy), a city near Milano ( where I live)......   ::)

My little AAA collection:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157656159031763

My collection is totally online; If you wanna check:   https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/sets/72157650140713189/

Ha, that's even better , finding it very close to home.
I have actually been in Treviso and in Milano a few times, wonderfull places. :)

I have seen your collection gallery several times already, i tend to use it as a reference for some of the models i still need to get. :)
But i couldn't recall seeing the other AAA's, i have all of them and might still be able to get you one of the mammoth's if you should be interested.
A museum not so far from here had a few of them left a few weeks ago, and i'm passing it again next week so i could stop and see if they are still there.
If you're interested you can always send me a pm.

Greetings.

Fukuiraptor

RobinGoodfellows, your album is really AWESOME!

sauroid

@Alexxitator: thanks a lot for the side by side comparison pics. they are very helpful. nice to know they are totally different sculpts. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Uroplatus on September 11, 2015, 09:03:34 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on September 11, 2015, 08:10:00 PM

Ha, that's even better , finding it very close to home.
I have actually been in Treviso and in Milano a few times, wonderfull places. :)

I have seen your collection gallery several times already, i tend to use it as a reference for some of the models i still need to get. :)
But i couldn't recall seeing the other AAA's, i have all of them and might still be able to get you one of the mammoth's if you should be interested.
A museum not so far from here had a few of them left a few weeks ago, and i'm passing it again next week so i could stop and see if they are still there.
If you're interested you can always send me a pm.

Greetings.

Thank you. I sold my AAA Mammoth a long time ago because I did not like it.
But I'm interested in AAA Entelodon ( both version) and Whoolly Rhino.
If you have one to sell, here I am.....   ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Fukuiraptor on September 12, 2015, 03:55:39 AM
RobinGoodfellows, your album is really AWESOME!

Thank you so much   :D

Dilopho

I got a Papo Pachy today! (I also got soaked in the rain)

EmperorDinobot

I found the Carnegies...in the wild.

I FOUND THE CARNEGIES IN THE WILD!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! After 8 years of not being able to find Carnegies in the wild around the Northwest, not new ones anyways, I found NEW Carnegies in the wild!!!! I am on a student leadership thing and I went to La Grande, Oregon, and I spotted a clandestine hobby-shop from the corner of my eye. I was going to keep going past it, but decided to look. I almost burst into tears, literally. I was holding them in my hands and I just... I can't tell you how happy finding Carnegies that I am missing in the wild makes me feel. There's not a lot left for me to find, and I refuse to buy them online. It's been such a joy for me since I was a kid to hunt for Carnegies, and just when I thought the hunt had ended, here were these babies waiting for me. I also saw plenty of Saltasauruses in that store. I usually find it that I'm the only one who offers them on evilbay. Hmm. What a joyous day. Who wants to celebrate?!

I acquired the JW set at walmart, my first! They are dwindling around here so I need to catch 'em all before they are gone forever.

docronnie

Something new...

Takara Tomy Ania Series Spinosaurus - 2015

Tomy Triceratops - 2015  (Tried my best searching online, but could not find any info, all I know is this looks like the Tomy JP version)

Wild Safari Allosaurus - 1996 (badly painted, looks like a kid painted it ... LOL)

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie Baby Apatosaurus - 1988

Safari Ltd. The Carnegie 10th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus - 1998 (my second, but this one has less scratches on the face)

TFL! :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

EmperorDinobot

Yeah those 10th anniv Stupidrexes always have scratches everywhere. It's my lest favorite Carnegie figure.

Silvanusaurus

A selection of figures I acquired over the last week:

Including the first Dino Riders I've owned; Kentrosaurus and Edmontonia, who i have to say are really wonderful figures, I don't know how accurate they are scientifically but on a purely aesthetic level their style is quite beautiful with very elegant details. It's certainly made me want to seek out more from the line. Also, the 'Great Dinos' Stegosaurus, which I really love, stylistically it's probably the nicest stegosaurus figure I've seen, it's also really big for the low price it cost.
I also found this stegosaurus in a charity shop for 30 pence yesterday, and felt like I recognised the design of it:

It's quite crudely painted but the plastic is very solid and smooth unlike a lot of cheaposaurs, and I really like the retro look of it, can someone let me know what it is? I'm assuming it's probably a knockoff of something else?

Roselaar

Good haul, Silva! Those are probably the two best DR figures, few of the others come close to that level of detail and accuracy.

I think the Stegosaurus is some Marx knock-off.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Roselaar on September 13, 2015, 02:32:34 PM

That is exactly what it is. Even though Marx has been gone for 42 years and the artists who did them are also gone, their work lives on in these cheap recasts. Unfortunately it was the knock offs that were partially responsible for their demise. You can still find bags of these in different sizes in grocery stores and other stores up here.

SBell

Quote from: Doug Watson on September 13, 2015, 04:31:06 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on September 13, 2015, 02:32:34 PM

That is exactly what it is. Even though Marx has been gone for 42 years and the artists who did them are also gone, their work lives on in these cheap recasts. Unfortunately it was the knock offs that were partially responsible for their demise. You can still find bags of these in different sizes in grocery stores and other stores up here.

That's the Ja-Ru recast. They showed up in the late 70s/early 80s and combined painted versions of MPC and Marx figures, as well as a couple of originals (Macrauchenia and Uintatherium) plus a bunch of nonsense-models that turned into inspirations for D&D monsters.

Overall, the molds are rougher than either of the predecessors, but still better than the many recasts that are still pumped out today.

sauroid

i see that all the time in garage sales and flea markets. how do i recognise the genuine Marx? do they have a mark on the belly? and are the Ja-Ru recasts also valuable as collectors' items?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: