You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

that is very nice looking for a chinasaur T.rex. it actually looks so un-chinasaur-like. it doesnt even have that mid -body seam that you see in most chinasaurs. no info at all along with the figure (a tag/label)?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Paleona

Quote from: sauroid on June 24, 2012, 03:31:31 PM
that is very nice looking for a chinasaur T.rex. it actually looks so un-chinasaur-like. it doesnt even have that mid -body seam that you see in most chinasaurs. no info at all along with the figure (a tag/label)?

Yeah, I thought he was pretty nice, generally!  From front-on his face is very symmetrical, too.  It's hard to tell from the pictures, but his seam starts above his knee and circles around his belly.  The tag he came with said DINOSAUR contains: 1 dinosaur  ... haha.  On the reverse side it says he's apparently from a company named TOYI / Toy Investments, Inc. from Sumner, WA.  He's printed on his stomach with "Tyrannosaurus c2010 Made in China". 

CityRaptor

Judging by the head, it seems to be partly inspired by the JPIII Rex from Hasbro. But yes, looks very nice for a Chinasaur.

And wow, those Kaiyodo Allos look beautiful!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Today's loot:

Close-up pics of several new Collectas in the 2012 thread.  8)

Two more packages on the way. Yay!  ^-^

Gwangi

Great haul Roselaar, I'm very envious of most of the figures.

My Safari collection has increased by three.

JohannesB

Started my own little Bullyland prehistoric mammal (and other animal) collection, now that they are again widely available 8) They are excellent and charming at the same time. Here are, of course, the Chalicotherium, Deinotherium and Mastodonsaurus. Also, bought some Collecta figures (I already owned the Plateosaurus and Ampelosaurus). The excellent Kelenken came in yesterday. Now it is waiting for the Megacerops. I am thinking about buying the Bullyland Megatherium and some other figures too ...

Primeval12

Not much this week, it's amazing what you can find in the free box at tag sales

JP3 T. Rex hatchling: FREE

Chinasaur allosarus (safari knock off): FREE

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on June 25, 2012, 09:31:40 PM
Today's loot:

Nice score !  The Argentinosaurus certainly seems a bit bigger than I thought...I shall be picking that one up as well. :)

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 26, 2012, 06:37:50 PM
Today's loot:

Nice score !  The Argentinosaurus certainly seems a bit bigger than I thought...I shall be picking that one up as well. :)

Good thing too Considering that its among the largest of all dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on June 26, 2012, 07:27:21 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 26, 2012, 06:37:50 PM
Today's loot:

Good thing too Considering that its among the largest of all dinosaurs

True. Hopefully we'll see it released as a Deluxe as well...or bigger ? ;)

JohannesB

Seijun

I was a bad girl last night

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Paleona

Oh nice, Seijun!  I found the same exact Rex (Allosaur?) at an estate sale, but I didn't realize he was part of a series. 

Takama

Quote from: Paleona on June 26, 2012, 10:29:53 PM
Oh nice, Seijun!  I found the same exact Rex (Allosaur?) at an estate sale, but I didn't realize he was part of a series.

Yes a very old series, (Talking about the fifty's i believe)

Sell Right Gifts is the name of it

Blade-of-the-Moon

Recieved my Sideshow Stego today ! I was quite shocked when comparing it to the Apato. I was hoping it was 1/15..but I think now it's closer to 1/12 or maybe even 1/10 it makes my Foulkes 1/15 Allo look pretty small.

Mine is number 42 out of 500 :

Metallisuchus

Wow! That thing is humongous! Very life-like detail too. Thanks for sharing this with us Blade - I can't help but be envious.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 27, 2012, 03:21:16 AM
Wow! That thing is humongous! Very life-like detail too. Thanks for sharing this with us Blade - I can't help but be envious.

Thanks ! It is quite gigantic..overall bigger than any other piece in the line for sure. I'm taking some outdoor pics I'll post in my Dio thread soon. :)

Metallisuchus

Cool. I look forward to it. One of these days I'll be able to cough up enough dough for one of those Sideshows.

Meso-Cenozoic

Great scores all, folks!

Chris, that SS Stego is def HUGE! For some reason, I was thinking they'd make it in scale with their Apato, especially since they lived side by side. On one hand, it would've been cool to see them in scale side by side. But, I guess as an individual sculpt, the Stego would've have been too small as far as SS Maquettes go. Though, I didn't think they'd make him this BIG! :o

Bokisaurus

Wonderful new additions everyone ;D You need to photoshop that mammal! LOL! ;D ;)
That stego is giant! Must have cost a fortune ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: