You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on February 03, 2016, 02:35:45 PM
I got these Soft Model dinosaurs, the new ones, the ones I've been disdainful of.

I can never go back.

They are so beautiful!

In light of this, can someone give me a checklist of the OLD soft models and the new? I need to know what I have and what I do not. I have so many dinosaurs I can't keep track of them.
Old series:
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/kinto2.html
New series:
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/kinto.html
They're also listed here, but only some have photos:
http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Kinto
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 03, 2016, 06:06:25 PM
I got these Soft Model dinosaurs, the new ones, the ones I've been disdainful of.

I can never go back.

They are so beautiful!

In light of this, can someone give me a checklist of the OLD soft models and the new? I need to know what I have and what I do not. I have so many dinosaurs I can't keep track of them.
Old series:
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/kinto2.html
New series:
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/kinto.html
They're also listed here, but only some have photos:
http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Kinto

On the Dinosaur Collector website, the Stegosaurus is missing on the soft model series 1 page.  That website has so much information and images of figures that I've not seen anywhere else, but there's also figures missing here and there, and typos regularly...  On the toyanimal.info page, the series 1 Stegosaurus is there.

CityRaptor

So, first Papo, then Jurassic World, then Hero Mashers, now Soft Models...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 03, 2016, 11:09:07 PM

So, first Papo, then Jurassic World, then Hero Mashers, now Soft Models...

He'll be moving on to Schleich soon at this rate... ;)

EmperorDinobot

The Hero Mashers I acquired because I plan on kitbashing their joints to put on other figures.

I've always been a fan of soft models, but I liked the older ones better. The new ones are a lot nicer when you hold them up close. I'm still missing case B and C from the older soft models.

Thank you sharkperson for the links.

I've never not liked Schleich. Always been a hit of miss with them. I only have the better ones or if I come across them in the wild. Just different styles I guess.

Pictures coming soon.

Doug Watson

Here are my latest additions.
Thanks to Brett tipping me off I was able to get my latest Holy Grail, the Kaiyodo Velociraptor. Paid way too much thanks to the eBay Global Shipping Program, but at least I finally scratched an itch that has been bugging me for years. I just noticed that the packaging says "Velociraptol"  :o

Kiayodo Velociraptor
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k123/dougwatson55/my%20collection%20additions/Kaiyodo%20Velociraptor_zpshsoqbuwb.jpg

I have finally completed my Lido (Nabisco) Prehistoric Mammals set thanks to two eBay wins. Thankfully these sellers didn't use the GSP. The camel was one of three Lido pieces that went on a cross continent trek that I have detailed in my "Adventures in shipping" thread. I had some of these as a kid back when they were new so they have finally come home to Daddy.

Lido (Nabisco) Prehistoric Mammal http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k123/dougwatson55/my%20collection%20additions/Lido%20prehistoric%20Mammals_zps6ypzblxo.jpg

Blade-of-the-Moon

Doug I edited your post to include clickable pics as well as the actual images. they weren't displaying for me but on further inspection it looks like photobucket may be down.

Viking Spawn

I remember using Photobucket in the past and having bandwidth issues with their free accounts.  I'm not sure about newer modern accounts, but they now allow much more images where as before you peaked at 1000.

I prefer Picasa for hosting images.  ;)

PaleoMatt

I host images at deviantart.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: TE Matt on February 05, 2016, 06:01:42 PM
I host images at deviantart.

I hear that's another good choice.  What's their storage limit?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I prefer to keep my DA account for actual art work, not just pics.   I mostly use fb for images now.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2016, 06:38:14 PM
I prefer to keep my DA account for actual art work, not just pics.   I mostly use fb for images now.

I use dropbox and picassa (that one mostly has older photos) and they both work fine. I just have to make tiny tweaks to the links.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2016, 05:43:51 PM
Doug I edited your post to include clickable pics as well as the actual images. they weren't displaying for me but on further inspection it looks like photobucket may be down.

I think Photobucket must have been down when you looked because all my old images that are also on Photobucket are still visible as these are as well.

tyrantqueen

Indeed, DeviantART is not an image hosting site.

stargatedalek

I've never liked using social media, so Facebook and what not are out of the question for me. I always use DeviantArt because unlike Photobucket/Imgur they don't have upload limits or those horrible redirecting URLS to make you look at their adds. DA technically has no limit unless you sue the sta.sh (private) uploader.

CityRaptor

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 05, 2016, 08:25:54 PM

Indeed, DeviantART is not an image hosting site.

There is however a category for photos of figures:
http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/photography/still/figures/
Although I think it should be used for collections rather than hauls.

Speaking of hauls:

Inspired by a certain thread I got myself some Turok - Son of Stone ( not Dinosaur Hunter ) comics. The first issue of the Dark Horse series, which also reprints the first issue of the original series and two Vailant comics which reprint some other stories and also classic covers inside. Also a Godzilla vs. Cthulhu print and a DVD of the first Gamera movie.  I wanted to post some recent aquired figures too, but they have not arrived, yet.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

Nice artwork on those comics and poster, they look really cool ^-^ But what are those things on the Tyrannosaurus snout? They look like holes. :o :o

My second (And probably last, unless I decide to focus on a JP dinos collection) Jurassic World acquisition. One of the best ones.

If you ask were I got it, Ebay.
If you ask about the price, it was good.
If we talk about shipping cost, well, They doubled the price  ::)  ::) ::)But still, better than the rest of the offers I have seen. This figure in the future will be extremely expensive. :P

Anyway, I like it :). It has already found a delicious snack to eat >:D >:D >:D

SBell

Quote from: MLMjp on February 05, 2016, 10:29:56 PM
Nice artwork on those comics and poster, they look really cool ^-^ But what are those things on the Tyrannosaurus snout? They look like holes. :o :o

My second (And probably last, unless I decide to focus on a JP dinos collection) Jurassic World acquisition. One of the best ones.

If you ask were I got it, Ebay.
If you ask about the price, it was good.
If we talk about shipping cost, well, They doubled the price  ::)  ::) ::)But still, better than the rest of the offers I have seen. This figure in the future will be extremely expensive. :P

Anyway, I like it :). It has already found a delicious snack to eat >:D >:D >:D

I would get that figure if I could find it. Not because it's great, but it's pretty good. I know my kids would like it (but then, my daughter's favorite marine reptile figure is the CollectA Pliosaur, so we have better ones....)

JurassicGeek09

After about a year of hemming and hawing, I bought the Papo Allosaurus. I avoided it for the longest time because I didn't care for what I feel is a hyper-stylized head (rage-filled expression, as I call it) but the more I looked at it, the less it bothered me now to the point where I don't notice it anymore. I just wish it didn't have pronated wrists. Other than that, it's a spectacular figure.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 05, 2016, 07:43:58 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2016, 05:43:51 PM

I think Photobucket must have been down when you looked because all my old images that are also on Photobucket are still visible as these are as well.

It must have been. No worries, as you said all seems good now. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: