You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Got these in the mail today :)

I don't like Invicta dinosaurs personally, but never look a gift horse in the mouth ;)

And to the person who sent me these...if you're reading this, many thanks and much love for sending these You know who you are ^-^

postsaurischian

Quote from: Seijun on July 04, 2012, 12:50:38 AM
Finally got a Dino Riders Rhamphorhynchus.

:)  Nice! What size is it?

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 04, 2012, 01:13:07 PM
I don't like Invicta dinosaurs personally .........

I would sell figures that I don't like. The painted Mamenchi is pretty much sought after ;).

......... ha, I spot a Krentz rex in the background :)!

tyrantqueen

I'm holding onto these because they have sentimental value :)

And yes, that is the Krentz Rex XD

I've been staring at the Invicta Brachio for a few minutes and I noticed something weird....

WHYYYYYYYYYY

This is almost as bad as the Invicta fish ;) 

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 04, 2012, 08:20:56 PM
I'm holding onto these because they have sentimental value :)

And yes, that is the Krentz Rex XD

I've been staring at the Invicta Brachio for a few minutes and I noticed something weird....

WHYYYYYYYYYY

This is almost as bad as the Invicta fish ;) 

You seem to have a Special Eye that can point out that stuff :P

Gryphoceratops

omg it took me a second to figure out what you were talking about haha.  U are right though. 

Anyway, I had no clue dinoriders made a ramph!  Where is it from?

Seijun

The ramph was a battle accessory ("aerial bomber") for the brontosaurus, so he is usually overlooked when people think of the DR line. Dinoridersworld.com doesn't even include him on the figure list, he is only mentioned in the bronto's description.
I dont know how big he is, but he looks quite small. I dont have any other accessories for the bronto. Right now I am just collecting the animals.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Metallisuchus

Tyrant loves this stuff, haha. What was that one hadrosaur toy? It was green with orange head ornamentation?

Takama

Quote from: Metallisuchus on July 05, 2012, 04:51:28 AM
Tyrant loves this stuff, haha. What was that one hadrosaur toy? It was green with orange head ornamentation?

You mean CollectAs ****headed Tsintosaurus.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Takama on July 05, 2012, 02:54:23 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 04, 2012, 08:20:56 PM

You seem to have a Special Eye that can point out that stuff :P

Sexual paranoia?

tyrantqueen

QuoteYou seem to have a Special Eye that can point out that stuff
Yes, noone's childhood is sacred from the inner workings of my perverted mind ;)

Actually I find it kind of weird that nobody else noticed these things.

QuoteSexual paranoia?
Nope :P Just a weird sense of humour XD

SBell

Just received my 2012 Bullyland Deinotherium and Mastodonsaurus. Hopefully these ones will keep their paint a little better.  Haven't had a chance to do a comparison yet.

And funny thing--although I don't keep tags, I do remember what the old deinothere one looked like, it was the brown paper with dark brown trim.  They actually redesigned the tags for this release, to be shiny and white (no tag for the Masotodonsaurus though--it was probably re-released very quickly).

Roselaar

Quote from: SBell on July 05, 2012, 02:31:54 PM
(no tag for the Masotodonsaurus though--it was probably re-released very quickly).

Well, if you want to know the stats for the Mastodonsaurus, I can just post the new tag info on Bullyland's Mastodon/Gomphotherium figure for you.  :P ;D

Metallisuchus

Thanks Takama. Yes, that's it, haha.

Tyrant, we notice these things, you're just the one that points them out.

Roselaar

Quote from: Metallisuchus on July 05, 2012, 04:56:11 PM

Tyrant, we notice these things, you're just the one that points them out.

Speak for yourself, I didn't think any of this until I got a good hard (get it?) look up close. The Megacerops' thingy, that's not easy to miss, but these are just too subliminal for my taste.

Metallisuchus

Lol okay SOME of us noticed these things. The Tsintaosaurus thing was pretty obvious too though.

Roselaar

Tsintaosaurus has a thing too?! Oh my!

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Roselaar on July 05, 2012, 05:24:32 PM

On its head,  yes. Scroll up - see that large orange set of uh... frank & beans for head ornamentation?

Takama

Quote from: Metallisuchus on July 05, 2012, 05:30:41 PM

On its head,  yes. Scroll up - see that large orange set of uh... frank & beans for head ornamentation?

LOL

SBell

Quote from: Takama on July 05, 2012, 05:35:33 PM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on July 05, 2012, 05:30:41 PM

LOL

You'd love the Bully mammals then--they are almost all clearly males.  Not as disturbingly so as the CollectA Megacerops, but definitively so.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: