You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pylraster

Picked up a Master Fossil T.rex. This guy is huge. <3

Tyrannosauron

Here's how I decided to treat myself at the beginning of the new semester:

I am unreasonably delighted with that Teenage Mutant Ninja Dinosaur.

Dilopho

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on September 04, 2016, 11:27:38 PM
I am unreasonably delighted with that Teenage Mutant Ninja Dinosaur.
He is small he wears a tiny mask and I believe in him.

postsaurischian

^^ That Shinzen Tyrannosaurus still is very impressive!

:o ^-^ A huge box from Japan has arrived today! Hooray!!!

Roselaar

Awesome! :)

That must have cost you a fair sum.

sauroid

Tyrannosauron: that huge T. rex is very impressive
postsaurischian: that new haul is just beyond awesome. hope to see out of the box pictures soon.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

Was the Japan haul from brett or another source?

Bokisaurus

Wonderful new addition everyone!
As for me, well well, as much as I hate Schleich ( not so much the figures, but the company practice), I saw the new figures and they were on sale. When I saw the dunkleosteus, I was impressed that I got on. I did not get the rest, will wait on further discount on those ;D
I was amazed on how detailed the figure is and nicely sculpted. I also picked up the small kento :D

Now this odd little fellow is actually a pull-up toy, the ones with wheels. I like the pose, and for $1.50, I got one and pulled the wheels off, now I have a resting dino ;D Not exactly sure what its sup[posed to be ;)
[]

suspsy

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 05, 2016, 01:27:48 PM
^^ That Shinzen Tyrannosaurus still is very impressive!

:o ^-^ A huge box from Japan has arrived today! Hooray!!!

Feel free to submit a review or two!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

postsaurischian

Quote from: Roselaar on September 05, 2016, 03:07:14 PM
Awesome! :)

That must have cost you a fair sum.

That's right :P.

Quote from: sauroid on September 05, 2016, 03:58:46 PM
postsaurischian: that new haul is just beyond awesome. hope to see out of the box pictures soon.

I hope so, too (as soon as I have the time).

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 05, 2016, 04:24:11 PM
Was the Japan haul from brett or another source?

A personal friend of mine visited the museum.

Dilopho

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 05, 2016, 06:12:57 PM
Now this odd little fellow is actually a pull-up toy, the ones with wheels. I like the pose, and for $1.50, I got one and pulled the wheels off, now I have a resting dino ;D Not exactly sure what its sup[posed to be ;)
[]
I have that figure in plain brown (with eyes and teeth and stuff though) with yellw stripes and a lighter brown T. rex version! They're certainly kooky little figures, I love zooming them around but the raptor's tail always drags and makes it spin out of control and flip over  ;D

docronnie

Simply Beautiful, postsaurischian ....  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

CityRaptor

Awesome haul. I wonder if the boxes form a diorama.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jose S.M.

I got this feathered new additions this week. The CollectA's are from DansDinosaurs and the Beipiaosaurus I got it from Amazon.

Dilopho

Quote from: Joe289 on September 07, 2016, 02:54:54 PM
I got this feathered new additions this week. The CollectA's are from DansDinosaurs and the Beipiaosaurus I got it from Amazon.

Those three look really nice together! Nice grab, Joe! The new Collectas are pretty amazing, huh?

Anyway, look what I got today, guys! The first version of the Carnegie Triceratops!

Pretty cool, huh? This is actually my first Carnegie! I really want the Elasmosaurus and Giganotosaurus , and of course those feathered ones, one day but this is a good start- the others I can't find cheap anywhere since the line ended. But I found this guy on Ebay for...guess what: Only £3.99! That's a good price to me!

He only has one of his pupils because he's second-hand but that's okay, I've called him "Sunblind".

I have a question, though: Do they all say "The Carnegie"? Why not the "Carnegie Collection" or "Carnegie Museum"?

Jose S.M.

Congrats on your first Carnegie Dilopho! that Triceratops is lovely, I only have 2 Carnegies and both just have "Carnegie -insert species name-" on their bellies, maybe in your Triceratops is shortened for the lack of space, like my Battat Parasaurolophus has it's complete scientific name but the Dacentrurus doesn't even have the genera. The new Collecta's are pretty good yes, specially the feathered ones, I want them all but I have to get them in small groups to make shipping less expensive.

Dilopho

Quote from: Joe289 on September 07, 2016, 06:34:20 PM
Congrats on your first Carnegie Dilopho! that Triceratops is lovely, I only have 2 Carnegies and both just have "Carnegie -insert species name-" on their bellies, maybe in your Triceratops is shortened for the lack of space, like my Battat Parasaurolophus has it's complete scientific name but the Dacentrurus doesn't even have the genera. The new Collecta's are pretty good yes, specially the feathered ones, I want them all but I have to get them in small groups to make shipping less expensive.
If I remember, the was a really old thread with an analysis of the bellies...hold on, let me see...
Ah, here it is! http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/1858
Hmm, mine has the Miami Florida thing covered over in smooth plastic. Weird.
You want the new collectas? Me too...it's almost Christmas maybe your friends could get you some haha! They usually get me some dinosaurs from eveythingdinosaur.

Archinto

I beleive that carnegie triceratops is one of the really early ones, when the models were 100% painted over a darker plastic base color. The old ones have telltale black marks where the paint chips off. This one may or may not be a first figure,but it is still an early all painted one. Nice find!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

pylraster

Looking forward to reviews!

Dilopho

Quote from: Archinto on September 07, 2016, 07:48:23 PM
I beleive that carnegie triceratops is one of the really early ones, when the models were 100% painted over a darker plastic base color. The old ones have telltale black marks where the paint chips off. This one may or may not be a first figure,but it is still an early all painted one. Nice find!
It has some chips on the feet and back- on the feet they are tiny chips and they are green like the feet but on the back they are black.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: