You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Keaton64 on September 17, 2016, 12:23:28 PM
Grauwal is German for gray whale.  Some of the old schleich whale figures had the German name on the underside.  The blue whale is "blauwal", the humpback whale is "buckelwal", sperm whale is "pottwal", but for some reason I can't find a name on the northern right whale figure, it should have been something like "nordkaper". 

So far I only have the gray & right whale, and it's great to see fellow whalers.  I also have that imperial brachiosaurus along with a few others.  They were the dinos of my childhood.

Yes, you are right, the northern right whale is "Nordkaper" in German, and the southern right whale is "Südkaper" ;)

Dilopho

Oh, interesting!
I have a small collection of chinasaur whales! I almost bought a Schleich blue whale but saved my money for something else.

Archinto

The grey whale here fetches quite a sum on ebay. I was kinda shocked... a little torn to sell him as it would go swimmingly with my old original Monterey Bay Aquarium figures, even though the scale is different. Managed to get him for only $4.00. The Brach there is actually a UKRD Dormei figure and is larger than the imperial. I was delighted to find one made in imperial colors. I have another in a grey/blue-ish color too.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Keaton64

Quote from: Archinto on September 17, 2016, 04:11:01 PM
The grey whale here fetches quite a sum on ebay. I was kinda shocked... a little torn to sell him as it would go swimmingly with my old original Monterey Bay Aquarium figures, even though the scale is different. Managed to get him for only $4.00. The Brach there is actually a UKRD Dormei figure and is larger than the imperial. I was delighted to find one made in imperial colors. I have another in a grey/blue-ish color too.

That price for the gray whale is amazing.  I found mine for $40 new on eBay.  What kind of condition was it in?  And that dormei looks so similar to the imperial.  I now see why you said "imperial knockoff".

Archinto

The imperial knockoffs are the neon hollow dinosaurs. The dormei brach is sculpted a little different than the imperial, but they came out at the same time frame. I would call them a competitor vs knockoff. Momma and a baby pics with my imperial when i get home!

My grey whale is in superb condition, almost like new. Theres a lot of educational toy stores here in ak and many of them carry schleich. I wouldnt be suprised to find more stuff like this if i went to some of those stores. This one was at a thrift store.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Dilopho

Wowee! These are all so amazing!  ^-^
The Spinosaurus looks really goofy from the front.
But you wanna know something spooooooky? :o :o :o
Both my Carnegie Triceratops figures have the same pupil missing from their eyes!!!

pylraster

Quote from: Archinto on September 17, 2016, 08:11:27 AM
Made a really good haul today. Those old imperial knockoffs are great! The waffle anky up front is an Imperial jiggler type figure. very rare to find.... Theres some other good stuff too. Loving the Schleich "Grauwal" :3 and that AAA sperm whale is super retro..... :p

Recent haul by Archinto, on Flickr

Cool! I see that Dor-Mei brachiosaurus. Brings back fond memories of my childhood. It used to be the biggest dino among my figures for a long time. Mine's neck eventually broke off due to storage. I miss it. :(

Archinto

I have three different color variations of the dormei brach. Eventually ill get to documenting my dormei collection. Half of it is at my moms so it makes it a little difficult.

I loved the dormei dinosaurs. My friends had them when i was a kid and i have fond memories of playing with them. They are still ultra cool toys even today :) Very few rubber dinosaur toys they make these days can even compare To the quality of the originals.

Kayakasaurus

Found this guy today! Can't say no to a Battat, that equates to a buck out of a $3 purchase  :D

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

pylraster

Quote from: Archinto on September 19, 2016, 07:56:06 PM
I have three different color variations of the dormei brach. Eventually ill get to documenting my dormei collection. Half of it is at my moms so it makes it a little difficult.

I loved the dormei dinosaurs. My friends had them when i was a kid and i have fond memories of playing with them. They are still ultra cool toys even today :) Very few rubber dinosaur toys they make these days can even compare To the quality of the originals.

Super cool! I only have a few, but lost most of them through the years. I think I still have the Ankylo and the Edaphosaurus. The latter missing some of his teeth :D

Dilopho

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on September 21, 2016, 03:58:16 AM
Found this guy today! Can't say no to a Battat, that equates to a buck out of a $3 purchase  :D

What are the other guys in there? Is that a Dimetrodon?

Pilkington

For my birthday my brother got me the CollectA Rhomaleosaurus, the generic Jurassic World Legos and the Basher I-Rex.

My sister really surprised me with the Dinosaur Studio 1:10 Styracosaurs, which is awesome, and my Target finally put out the newer release Battat repaints.  Unfortunately someone else found them before I did and only the Euoplocephalus was left, but thankfully that's the one I wanted the most out of the three.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

postsaurischian

:o Ooohh .... that Styracosaurus .. is awesome! You have a wonderful sister :).

Dilopho

Some really good gifts there! Two good models, some fun toys and a beautiful statue!
Oh, but you don't have Blue! One of the big three dinosaurs in the movie!  :-\

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: Keaton64 on September 10, 2016, 01:26:15 AM
That diplodocus is one of my favorite Carnegies.  I love large sauropod figures in general, which led me to go for this from ebay:

He will fit right in with the rest of the Carnegie sauropods despite not being one.  His head sits a lot lower than others I have seen though.

Everything Dinosaur sent me this awesomeness:

The bearded dragon actually came from somewhere else.  I couldn't find mosasaurus in the US at the time, some of CollectA's stuff is getting hard to find (bearded dragon included).

And finally a purchase that I hope I don't end up financially regretting, the entire unpainted Invicta collection, courtesy of Joseph DeMarco (a name I feel like I've seen here before in another topic):

All of them are in pretty darn good condition, with only a handful having some minor scuffs & scratches.  Entire thing cost $345 w/ shipping ($15 per figure), plus I got an extra painted triceratops.  I felt it was better to go this route than buy individually over long periods of time for $20-$30 each, plus I love vintage dinosaurs.  They will go well with my Imperials & Tim Mee dinosaurs.
Holy Mackerel, that's an awesome collection!
$345 doesn't seem that bad of a price for nearly all the Invictas,  especially how old they are.
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Roselaar

This lovely Kaiyodo Capsule of Japanese dinosaurs (and assorted Mesozoic creatures) arrived today:

Libraraptor

Keaton64, that unpainted Invicta Triceratops, is it as heavy as the "normal" one? I´ve never seen a color aberration like this before, although I know there are still many other strange monochrome Invictas out there.

Keaton64

Thanks for the comment CarnegieCollector.  As for the triceratops, the red one seems to be the result of someone painting over an original, since the red paint is peeling off the underside of the figure to reveal the same color as the other one.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Keaton64 on September 25, 2016, 06:18:09 PM
Thanks for the comment CarnegieCollector.  As for the triceratops, the red one seems to be the result of someone painting over an original, since the red paint is peeling off the underside of the figure to reveal the same color as the other one.

Ah okay I had thought it was an original cast, thanks for informing me :)

Dilopho

This very handsome guy flew in through my window!
(Well, actually, through my door, in a box.)
Wow! What an amazing little figure!  ;D ;D ;D
Uhhhh....does it have two thumbs? Or am I going crazy?  :o
Either way it is beautiful! And so light. I almost was really sad because I thought I got delivered an empty box because it was so light, and when I opened it it was just tissue paper  :o :o :o
But! Plot twist: My Microraptor was UNDER the paper.  ::)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: