You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the skinny little trike there..he and the chubby one make a good pair..like Laurel and Hardy.. lol

Libraraptor

My latest garage sale haul from Sunday! Fell in love immediately. It reminds me at WWD Diplodocus, but it is a Rebacchisaurus. Any idea about the company?!

Seijun

Quote from: sauroid on July 09, 2012, 10:42:00 AM
just got these:
Battat knock-offs

mini chinasaurs  ;)

These are figures from Carnegie's "Authentics Habitat Collection", set #2. All the figures in this set are surprisingly accurate, even those with no battat counterparts, so it could just be a case of the sculptor having done their homework.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

sauroid

cool. thanks for the info Seijun. are they common dino figures these days?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Paleona

@Libra Nice find!  Looks like it's a great size.  I did a quick search, and it looks like it's made by Animal Planet: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4400765  How's the foam?  Is it super squishy?

meoraptor

I got the CollectAs about two weeks ago from the Dinosaur Farm and got the Stegosaurus over the weekend at Michael's.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Paleona on July 09, 2012, 07:51:01 PM
@Libra Nice find!  Looks like it's a great size.  I did a quick search, and it looks like it's made by Animal Planet: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4400765  How's the foam?  Is it super squishy?

Many thanks for that information! The animal is nearly as big as Bullyland´s softplay Apatosauruss, but not as squishy. It´s harder, and the surface is rougher. Like the softplay animals, it looks as if it was solid rubber. I like it very much!

Meso-Cenozoic

Ah yes, I remember that Rebacchisaurus. He came out just a couple or so years ago I think. I like him better here than in the catalog pic. And, he's MUCH BIGGER than I had thought! Hmm, so he can be found at Toys R Us. Maybe I'll have to stop by our big store in Times Square and check him out. Been wanting to get in there again anyway. If I'm remembering correctly, they have a full-size T.rex, and I think he's animated!  ^-^

Thanks for the pic, Libra! You might have just convinced me to get one now!  8)

Gwangi

Got these two from forum member Takama.

Jasmen Gallamimus

Papo Spinosaurus

A friend picked up this little Godzilla for me at a yard sale. I had no where else to put him!

Takama

I hope Spiny is standing alright for you.

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on July 10, 2012, 11:35:56 PM
I hope Spiny is standing alright for you.

He sure is. No problem at all.  8)

Primeval12

Safari Dracorex from The Yale Peabody Museam  $12.00

Auatralian muttaburrosaurus gift

[attachment msg=13821][/attachment]

SBell

Quote from: primeval12 on July 12, 2012, 01:50:33 AM

We sell that same Dracorex at the T.rex Centre for $10.  Canadian $ no less! ;D

Bokisaurus

Well, finally got them in my hands! ;D
Amarga, lovely figures and big, too ;D
[
Definitely one of the best Figure to have come out this year, and CollectA's finest to date!

comparisons

Exquisite details and paint job on the head.

One thing I really noticed with this years CollectA figures is the impressive paint job. The paint is clean and crisp.

tyrantqueen

I'm a little late to the party, but oh well.

Bought at Everything Dinosaur for £28 :-X

paleoferroequine

Just got these from Shapeways by Manuel Bejarano. They will be cleaned up a bit before painting, these are just primered. WSF

Ophthalmosaurus 1/50 scale about 5in(12.7cm)

Hyperodapedon and youngster, a rhynchosaur (a beaked, archosaur-like reptile) from the late Triassic period (Carnian stage).1/12 scale adult 4in(10cm)

Primeval12

Quote from: SBell on July 12, 2012, 06:43:09 AM
Quote from: primeval12 on July 12, 2012, 01:50:33 AM

We sell that same Dracorex at the T.rex Centre for $10.  Canadian $ no less! ;D

DAMNIT, still the Draco is a cool figure

brontodocus

Quote from: paleoferroequine on July 12, 2012, 06:22:55 PM
Just got these from Shapeways by Manuel Bejarano. They will be cleaned up a bit before painting, these are just primered. WSF

Ophthalmosaurus 1/50 scale about 5in(12.7cm)

Hyperodapedon and youngster, a rhynchosaur (a beaked, archosaur-like reptile) from the late Triassic period (Carnian stage).1/12 scale adult 4in(10cm)
Congrats paleoferroequine and nice to see some real photos of them! :) I've been planning to get them, too, eventually.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Libraraptor

Boki, is tht a custom painted AAA Gallimimus besides the Deinocheirus and Battat Sturhiomimus? It´s really cool!

brontodocus

I believe it's one of boki's own trademark repaints :) but I think I haven't seen this one before.

I've been a little reluctant, lately. But the green one here with the reddish back was a must for me, too:

For those who are interested: The cetacean figures are the new Bullyland Fin Whale and the new Maia & Borges Common Dolphin, Blue Whale, and Right Whale. Especially the latter is highly recommended! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: