You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: Roselaar on November 23, 2016, 05:32:04 PM
My friend encountered a PNSO stand at a German event and told them he knew this guy who was totally obsessed with dinosaurs (me). So the PNSO people were kind enough to throw in a big book, a little calendar and some neat postcards as well. Great deal, as the figures weren't that expensive to begin with.

That sounds like a really good deal!  Congratulations.  I hear from PNSO that they will be issuing one of their encyclopaedias in English, though they didn't mention a date.

Lanthanotus

Nice hauls everyone, I envy some of those indeed (though sof some I was lucky to add them myself just recently).

So just one question remaining..... what brand is this and where can I get it? Now, I saw in the URL description that it is an "unkown Allosaurus", but there are sure some additional infos? It's a very nice figure, and its monochrome Invicta style makes it somewhat unresistable :D

Quote from: sauroid on November 23, 2016, 12:30:20 PM
[...]

[...]

Roselaar

Quote from: ceratopsian on November 24, 2016, 03:46:58 PM
My friend encountered a PNSO stand at a German event and told them he knew this guy who was totally obsessed with dinosaurs (me). So the PNSO people were kind enough to throw in a big book, a little calendar and some neat postcards as well. Great deal, as the figures weren't that expensive to begin with.
I hear from PNSO that they will be issuing one of their encyclopaedias in English, though they didn't mention a date.

That would be nice. This book is almost entirely in Mandarin, except for a brief English introduction. There's many wonderful pieces of artwork in there, but it's very hard to tell the various species (especially the feathered ones) apart if you don't speak the language.  :-\

stargatedalek

Quote from: Roselaar on November 24, 2016, 09:03:51 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on November 24, 2016, 03:46:58 PM
I hear from PNSO that they will be issuing one of their encyclopaedias in English, though they didn't mention a date.

That would be nice. This book is almost entirely in Mandarin, except for a brief English introduction. There's many wonderful pieces of artwork in there, but it's very hard to tell the various species (especially the feathered ones) apart if you don't speak the language.  :-\
That's a good thing, means they used enough feathers! ;D

Dyscrasia

PNSO Triceratops - Nicely detailed figure, and seems to be heavily inspired by the Side Show Dinosauria Triceratops statue sculpted by Jorge Blanco.
The color apps are not as dull as the stock photos, but they are kind of sloppy, which is disappointing.

tyrantqueen

What scale is the PNSO Triceratops? Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a bit.

Dyscrasia

I believe it is around 1/24.

Keaton64

I want that triceratops, it will look great next to this PNSO Chungkingosaurus which I received today:

I put in Huanghetitan for comparison.  I got both of them from DeJankins, and honestly I consider it better to get them from Dean instead of Amazon.  I only payed a dollar or two more than what you would pay on Amazon (at least the US Amazon, haven't converted the prices on Amazon.co.uk to USD to see).  This price includes priority shipping, and I got mine within a week (I live in the US), as opposed to a few weeks from China.  Chungkingosaurus was shipped out this Tuesday, and I got him today, only three days later, and everything cost $70.90 (versus $69.99 when it was on US Amazon).

How mightily does Chungkingosaurus tower over his stegosaurian brethren?  Let's find out: 

He is clearly the kingo of that herd.  Now for an up close shot of his face:

Man that skin detail is awesome, plus I like the jagged, worn look of his plates.  As an added bonus, his eye paint isn't in the wrong place, he has only has one small noticeable paint rub on one of his thagomizer spikes, and he's stable despite having one limb raised off the ground.  I am quite content with it.  Finally, I took another picture of Huanghetitan with both versions of the original Carnegie Brachiosaurus, as I felt the last picture wasn't that great:

CityRaptor

Nice. Truely a Titan!

And now my newest hauls:
Jurassic Park Red Rex and Lost World Thrasher and someone else.

Both Rexes have seen better days, but I only paid 15 Euros for both of them. ( In comparism, the next cheapest Red Rex on eBay costs 35 Euros and does not even have arms ). And yes, that is a blue Kleinwelka Iguanodon next to them.  Way smoother than the normal one. Also without markings.

Original Carnegie Brachiosaurus & Diplodocus

The bycatch:

Oh, and a copy of this:

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Lanthanotus

That monochrome Iguanodon is a nice one, ... considering how rare those Kleinwelka are, where did you find it? By chance on ebay?

Jose S.M.

Those PNSO's are very big and imposing! Congrats Discrasya and Keaton, and CityRaptor for the JP rexes and the Carnegies!

Roselaar

Got in a big lot of JW figures. Some of them are pretty good, but a lot of them... oh, well. A collector's plight.

EmperorDinobot

What an amazing Chungkingosaurus! I'm so happy that they made a figure of that species!

LophoLeeVT

one question rosselar, why bother getting two blueraptor with guns? there is one in the owen set,too.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Roselaar

Quote from: raptor64870 on November 27, 2016, 03:27:15 AM
one question rosselar, why bother getting two blueraptor with guns? there is one in the owen set,too.

Got one from a friend just after I ordered the first one. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. Oh well, I'm not averse to having doubles...

DinoToyForum

A new acquisition and a heads up for anyone interested (BlueKrono!?)

The current issue of BBC's Andy's Amazing Adventures magazine (issue 11, 23 Nov- 3 Jan 2016) comes with some free dinosaurs and marine reptiles, including a Liopleurodon and Ophthalmosaurus. They are quite nice and have a company name attached to them (it says HMA Creative on the backing card). I'm sure they will be of interest to certain DTF members, so get 'em while you can - £3.75 in store. They are a soft pliable plastic like the old Monster in my pocket toys, and come in colour variants. :))

I bought two sets. One I opened.

Dilopho

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 27, 2016, 10:57:34 PM
A new acquisition and a heads up for anyone interested (BlueKrono!?)

The current issue of BBC's Andy's Amazing Adventures magazine (issue 11, 23 Nov- 3 Jan 2016) comes with some free dinosaurs and marine reptiles, including a Liopleurodon and Ophthalmosaurus. They are quite nice and have a company name attached to them (it says HMA Creative on the backing card). I'm sure they will be of interest to certain DTF members, so get 'em while you can - £3.75 in store. They are a soft pliable plastic like the old Monster in my pocket toys, and come in colour variants. :))

I bought two sets. One I opened.

What are the dinosaurs included? I have bought some issues of this in the past for the figures. Now I might have to scope out the newsagents again!

stargatedalek

They aren't retailed around here, but if anyone is going out on the hunt I'd be interested in a set.

DinoToyForum

The dinosaurs are Brachiosaurus, Allosaurus, and Kentrosaurus. They aren't great, so just for the completists.

EmperorDinobot

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: