You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

heck yeah it's an awesome. the seams are hidden flawlessly on this guy. i'm also really surprised by how light it is. i actually kinda wish it has a little more heft in it. but i'm very happy with this big guy

suspsy

It's so cool how PNSO not only chose to make a toy out of this relatively unknown stegosaur, but made it one of their biggest and most impressive as well.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Simon

Yes, and I love the "prancing" pose - when I first saw it it reminded me of the Lipizzaner Stallions...

sauroid

so cool. that Chungkingosaurus looks like Sideshow decided to make plastic dino toys and this is what came out of that decision...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Simon on January 26, 2017, 01:32:57 AM
New PNSO 1/35 scale TRex - Rapidly becoming my favorite pre-made figure.  See for yourself.   ;)

I succumbed too but mine's still in the post and might well be delayed by the New Year celebrations.  It was good to have a preview via your images and hear that you are extremely satisfied.

MLMjp

The new Tyrannosaurus rex and Velociraptor are here! ;D ;D
Best T.rex and V-raptor figures EVER
Along with the Collecta Pliosaurus. Which I wanted to get for soooooo looooooong.

My only complaint is that I should have ordered the Safari Giganotosaurus along with them. But I didn´t  :(

Sigmasaurus

I have gotten 4 new Dinos lately. They are the Papo Dilo, The CollectA Miragaia, Papo Archaeopterex, and the Safari Postosuchus.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: MLMjp on January 29, 2017, 07:21:08 PM
Along with the Collecta Pliosaurus. Which I wanted to get for soooooo looooooong.

My only complaint is that I should have ordered the Safari Giganotosaurus along with them. But I didn´t  :(

Looks like your Tyrannosaurus stands well on it's own, I haven't ordered it because I fear for it to have warped feet. Great figures!

SBell

Quote from: Joe289 on January 30, 2017, 01:52:46 AM

Looks like your Tyrannosaurus stands well on it's own, I haven't ordered it because I fear for it to have warped feet. Great figures!

I brought a bunch in for my store, and none of them had any warping or noticeable flaws (a paint fleck here and there--not uncommon on handpainted figures). I also found it to be very well-balanced.

They come with a massive plastic packing stand that holds their feet in place--so if it is on display and at risk of being toipped for some reason, the stand can be kept to keep it steady (again, shouldn't be an issue). It is higghly recommended!

MLMjp

Quote from: SBell on January 30, 2017, 04:14:30 AM
Quote from: Joe289 on January 30, 2017, 01:52:46 AM

I brought a bunch in for my store, and none of them had any warping or noticeable flaws (a paint fleck here and there--not uncommon on handpainted figures). I also found it to be very well-balanced.

They come with a massive plastic packing stand that holds their feet in place--so if it is on display and at risk of being toipped for some reason, the stand can be kept to keep it steady (again, shouldn't be an issue). It is higghly recommended!

My Tyrannosaurus DOES have somewhat warped feet, no one of them is completely flat on the ground. But the figure stands by itself without problems and does not fall easily.
And yes, mine also came with a plastic stand to keek the legs for warping.

UK

My purchases have been limited for a very long time. But could not resist going for this rare painted German expo 1960s Marx set.

BlueKrono

Acquired a good portion of the Starlux that fit my collections recently. Hopefully this month I will be able to snag the last few, including the rare and expensive fish.

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Roselaar

Quote from: UK on February 01, 2017, 07:34:52 AM
My purchases have been limited for a very long time. But could not resist going for this rare painted German expo 1960s Marx set.

This looks lovely! What's the story behind it?

sauroid

cool hauls everyone, esp. the vintage ones.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Roselaar on February 01, 2017, 01:26:47 PM

This looks lovely! What's the story behind it?

These hand-painted figures were released for the 1963 Nuremburg Toy Fair. They use the Marx molds, but no one knows the manufacturer.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Roselaar

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 01, 2017, 02:01:43 PM

These hand-painted figures were released for the 1963 Nuremburg Toy Fair. They use the Marx molds, but no one knows the manufacturer.

Not official Marx figures then? Still, better looking than most of those. :)

Halichoeres

Quite a range of Protosuchuses there, BlueKrono! Didn't know there was so much variety.

Congrats on the Toy Fair Marx-ish guys, UK!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

:o Wow! From Nürnberg? From the sixties? :o

CityRaptor

Oooohh, these painted Marx Dinosaurs are an interesting set. Going by colors whoever released them probably thought that both Hadrosaurs were the same species.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Whoever painted them took "duck billed" quite literally.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: