You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daspletotyrannus

Just got this week. I can now say I own a Battat Triceratops and she a beauty.

Got them a while ago. My mini Styracosaurus now has a parent. I have the Terra line Carnotaurus so I will use the old Boston one as a male. Lol

I will still get the Triceratops and Styracosaurus in the Terra line if they ever release them.

Roselaar

Fabulous catches, Sauroid and Daspletotyrannus! :)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on February 16, 2017, 08:27:19 PM
Just got this week. I can now say I own a Battat Triceratops and she a beauty. ....

Congratulations!  I'm glad she found a good home.

Roselaar

My second PNSO haul came in today. Prices for the figures were great, but after shipping costs and import taxes added to the overall price, it wasn't as good of a deal as I had hoped... Nevertheless, these are some stunning figures! Shown with a miniature version of myself for scale.

Libraraptor

sauroid, what a great and various haul!
Roselaar, great PNSO haul, sorry , maybe you had to answer that question before, but I´d like to know: How did you acquire that miniature version of yourself?!

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 18, 2017, 04:19:49 PM

Roselaar, great PNSO haul, sorry , maybe you had to answer that question before, but I´d like to know: How did you acquire that miniature version of yourself?!

I was scanned by a friend's equipment, who then had a 3D-model printed of the scan. That was fun. The result is very handy for pics like these.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on February 18, 2017, 05:28:11 PM

I was scanned by a friend's equipment, who then had a 3D-model printed of the scan. That was fun. The result is very handy for pics like these.

And the colouring?

Daspletotyrannus

This just arrived today from Ebay new (took the tags off but kept them with my others).  Man in had it is a beautiful Arsinoitherium. Thanks to DeJankins I have the Andrewsarchus in the mail.  So now all I need now is the Smilodon cub.  I hope Safari Ltd re-release those three so people who didn't get them can.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 18, 2017, 07:35:56 PM

And the colouring?
Sandstone printers can print in colour.

Roselaar

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 18, 2017, 08:52:39 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on February 18, 2017, 07:35:56 PM

And the colouring?
Sandstone printers can print in colour.

Indeed.

sauroid

sauroid, what a great and various haul!
thanks! :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

Great figures Roselaar, Sauroid and Daspletotyrannus! And that's a very sweet story BlueKrono  ;)

Daspletotyrannus

Got this from DeJankins.  It was new too. It a very lovely Andrewsarchus.  Now all I need is the Smilodon cub. I hope it gets a re release soon. I will be using DeJankins again.  Great guy. Lol

suspsy

I'm puzzled as to why Safari hasn't released the remaining three prehistoric mammals yet. I have no interest in the Andrewsarchus or the Arsinoitherium, but I would like that Smilodon cub.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: suspsy on February 21, 2017, 08:46:23 PM
I'm puzzled as to why Safari hasn't released the remaining three prehistoric mammals yet. I have no interest in the Andrewsarchus or the Arsinoitherium, but I would like that Smilodon cub.

Maybe next year.  I think the big question is did they ever release the Smilodon cub.  I've never seen it on ebay or in stores. The Smilodon cub must be like Bigfoot or Nessie.  A Myth. Lol

Reptilia

I like the little series of prehistoric mammals by Safari, they have an interesting characterization.

Loon

Yesterday, I received an interesting addition to my collection. My first custom plush dinosaur, this T.rex.

My girlfriend gave it to me as a late Valentine's Day gift; she decided to feather it, knowing how much of a stickler for feathered dinosaurs I am. I'm fine with the awkward stance, color, and basically everything about it being inaccurate; it has a certain charm and care that none of the other toys I own posses.

As a side note, she made me name it; I dubbed it "Carrie," after the late-great Carrie Fisher.

The Atroxious

It kind of reminds me of an old lady in a patchwork coat for some reason. In this case, instead of the old lady feeding pigeons, the dinosaur looks like she's sitting there waiting to feed little Cretaceous mammals.

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: