You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Billy is fine for figure collections I guess. :) It's less suitable for books, though. While each of the 80 cm shelves may have a loading capacity of 30 Kg and won't break it really looks stupid when the centre droops by a centimeter or a half when you put about half of that weight onto them. >:( I should have bought 40 cm wide shelf units instead.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

SBell

Quote from: brontodocus on July 14, 2012, 12:21:47 PM
Billy is fine for figure collections I guess. :) It's less suitable for books, though. While each of the 80 cm shelves may have a loading capacity of 30 Kg and won't break it really looks stupid when the centre droops by a centimeter or a half when you put about half of that weight onto them. >:( I should have bought 40 cm wide shelf units instead.

See, I went hardcore--more expensive all-wood ones from IKEA, with glass doors. Cost a lot more though.  But also strong enough to hold a lot of books.
Similar to this (the exact ones are discontinued): http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40176342/

But I had used Billy before--now my son has them.

And already, I have my eyes on a new one from there. http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70119166/

Glass doors? Glass shelves? A drawer for all of the little papers, photo things, and other non-displayable stuff? Yes, yes and yes!! Now I just need the budget and space (budget first).

robustus_

I got my new Wild Safari Stegosaurus today!

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, amazing Battat Rex find!

And all those new shelf units look great too. Good luck, Seijun on finishing yours! I'm also in the middle of redoing my shelf spaces, mostly by adding here and there and changing my displays around a bit to accommodate more. But eventually, I'll have to look into something else. Just don't know where I'd put it?  ::)

Primeval12

Quote from: Paleona on July 14, 2012, 01:38:01 AM
Wow, awesome find!  I'm envious of your luck.  Looks like the paint is in pretty good shape, too.

Judging by that how much do you think it's worth?

Paleona

Quote from: primeval12 on July 15, 2012, 08:55:37 PM
Wow, awesome find!  I'm envious of your luck.  Looks like the paint is in pretty good shape, too.

I honestly have no idea- I actually just found out about the Battat rex this year.  From what I gather, he's pretty rare and highly collectable.  I hope to get one someday. :3

postsaurischian

About USD $80 - 100 ;). Sometimes it's being sold on eBay for even more.

Primeval12

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 15, 2012, 09:13:04 PM

Your kidding!  ;D that much!

postsaurischian

Quote from: primeval12 on July 15, 2012, 09:53:21 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on July 15, 2012, 09:13:04 PM

Your kidding!  ;D that much!

We're talking about the Battat 1:40 T. rex in great shape, aren't we? So - no kidding!
If it is the mini version it's worth even more.

I bet no one ever before paid $2.99 for that figure ;D. You're really lucky!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 13, 2012, 08:09:12 AM
Boki, is tht a custom painted AAA Gallimimus besides the Deinocheirus and Battat Sturhiomimus? It´s really cool!
Yes, it is indeed a repainted one ;D
Here are some beautiful books I just recently added to my collection
Cover

Inside artworks, really nice

And this one, for fans of his work, its really worth acquiring

sample artwork inside

And this one I got many years ago, but just recently re-discovered it. A great one for sauropod fans ;D
Cover

sample art

Libraraptor

Wow, high class stuff, Boki! What´s your opinion on that coffeetable book?

postsaurischian

I really WANT the Coffee Table Book!
Boki, do you know what's the difference between the standard edition and the deluxe edition?

Roselaar

Had another great dinosaur day with big boxes being delivered at my doorstep. First, this big bad boy:

And then there was this lucky find of last week  8):

Both Sega figures are still unpacked and unassembled. I'm seriously considering opening the T-Rex's box. I really want to see it intact, but I have no display space for it.  :-\ I'll keep the Triceratops at it is, I already got a loose sample. Now to find the Sega Amargasaurus...

Good day! Again...  ^-^

Metallisuchus

I have that Field Guide book. It's funny but I just broke it out after years of sitting there. If you notice, inside there is artwork of an oviraptor over its nest - the inspiration for the Safari piece.

Meso-Cenozoic

Look what came in the mail today...

I've been wanting a Kabaya Seismo forever!! And now I got one and this really nice Araki Rex as a bonus! And the best part is I got both for $6.80 and Free Shipping! From China!! Also what was great is the shipping only took about 2 weeks! Unbelievable price, right?! The seller also threw in a cute little squiggly octopus.  ;D

Jetoar

Tomorrow is my birthday. My parents and my girldfriend gave me a huge lot of dinosaurs.

I am very happy. Thanks family  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Libraraptor

Wow, that´s quite a haul!

Paleona

Looks like everyone has been getting some great stuff!  Nice Sega finds, Roselaar.  And happy early birthday, Jetoar. :3

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I was so thrilled to receive this pair in the mail today (thanks, Dad!):
I've named the "running" rex Snaggletooth.  :))

Bokisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 16, 2012, 11:52:07 AM
I really WANT the Coffee Table Book!
Boki, do you know what's the difference between the standard edition and the deluxe edition?

Libra - I really like the book, I'm a fan of his work. The book includes a short history about each of the paintings.

Postsaurichian - Hmm ::) I'm not sure what the difference are between the two edition since I have not seen the deluxe one. I'm thinking probably more pictures or bigger maybe?

SBell

Quote from: Jetoar on July 17, 2012, 04:20:49 PM
Tomorrow is my birthday. My parents and my girldfriend gave me a huge lot of dinosaurs.

I am very happy. Thanks family  ^-^.

That's a pretty awesome birthday gift--happy birthday BTW.  I can't imagine anyone in my family ever considering, well, any of that. Ever.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: