You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Tylosaurus Rev.A2 on March 24, 2017, 09:08:13 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 24, 2017, 08:38:57 PM
Picked up this guy today, didn't intend on getting it when it was first released a few years ago. But I saw one as I was looking at the shelf and said why not.

Hah that's a cool one man 8)
A passed away good friend of mine and a crew member of my Dino community from FB, Info & Collections of Dinosaurs & Minerals; made that one
He goes as "Dan LoRusso"  some of you may remember who I mean, that Steg may be inaccurate but it's sculpted by someone special, Dan himself.

Main sculptor & designer of the Battat series of dinosaurs for the Boston Museum if memory serves correctly :) Give this Steg a good place man 8)

Yep, was sad that we lost such a great paleoartist/sculptor. Like I said, I originally didn't intend on getting one because it was inaccurate, but when I saw it on the shelf today I decided to get it to complete the Battat Terra part of my collection, and I decided to complete my BT collection in memory of Dan.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Loon

Decided to try and finish off the rest of the safaris for this year, also added some others for that sexy one-day shipping. Some really nice surprises here; the brontotherium(megacerops) from mojo is actually quite nice and started my new prehistoric mammal kick, which lead to the ambelodon, and some eyeing of the other mojo mammals. Another surprise was the sheer size of the kronosaurus, it's huge, and really nice; again, this may lead to a marine reptile addiction.

Jose S.M.

CrypticPrism

I got the 3 biggest safaris, and I'll get the rest for my birthday. My parents are generous indeed.

"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Jose S.M.

Very generous indeed! those are great figures.

CrypticPrism

Yeah, each year they ask me what I want for my birthday and I put it down on a list. This year I can choose from eBay too!

eBay stuffs
Collecta thalassomedon
Collecta deluxe feathered t-rex
Collecta carcharadontosaurus
Collecta acrocanthosaurus
Collecta hunting T. rex
Collecta deluxe spinosaurus
Amazon:
All 10 other safaris.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."

sauroid

awesome new ones Loon and CrypticPrism
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Neosodon

You picked some really cool figures.

When I was little my parents would give me 10 cents a day. So I bought a new figure about every 4 months. It felt kind of slow but it helped me to appreciate each figure more. But now I just get them in batches of 10 to 15. ;D

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

CrypticPrism

A new addition to the list is the Kaiyodo soft model allosaurus, recommended by Lanathotus as a mate to my papo allosaurus.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Neosodon on March 30, 2017, 12:40:29 AM
You picked some really cool figures.

When I was little my parents would give me 10 cents a day. So I bought a new figure about every 4 months. It felt kind of slow but it helped me to appreciate each figure more. But now I just get them in batches of 10 to 15. ;D

God I love being an adult. Basically like Christmas every week.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Roselaar

Received this beauty the other day, thanks to Lanthanotus, a large Microceratus made of... paper! And still looking darn realistic! :)

Jose S.M.

That's a pretty cool figure!

Libraraptor

sauroid

if only some companies would make cool plastic figures like that.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

RobinGoodfellow

I have the Microceratops/Microceratus/Graciliceratops too but I need to find the time to build it from the original paper project by Johan Scherft ..  :-\
Really a good figure to be just a paper model.

BlueKrono

Quote from: sauroid on April 03, 2017, 11:10:18 PM
if only some companies would make cool plastic figures like that.

There's a certain company out of China that makes large, detailed, hollow models of relatively obscure dinosaurs.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Brontozaurus

Got the WS feathered Velociraptor and the prehistoric crocs toob a few weeks ago from minizoo. Heard the toob was possibly retired this year so I finally got around to picking it up.

There's a bookshop in my city that used to be where I got my CollectAs from, until they stopped getting new stock in last year. Gave up on them, but just last week I discovered that they'd done a massive restock of all the more recent models. Today, being pay week, I picked up the Regaliceratops and Struthiomimus. They're neat. I feel like the Struthiomimus could be more interesting but I'm just happy we've got new ornithomimid toys.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Roselaar on April 03, 2017, 08:08:45 PM
Received this beauty the other day, thanks to Lanthanotus, a large Microceratus made of... paper! And still looking darn realistic! :)

It seems post services handled it roughly, got one or two dents where they shouldn't be... but it's nice to see it in its new home anyway :)

I just received these nice buddies. Sorry for the bad quality, but I think all of you know those critters :)

Jose S.M.

Those are so good, all of them, but the Irritator looks specially amazing!

Roselaar

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 04, 2017, 09:21:41 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 03, 2017, 08:08:45 PM

It seems post services handled it roughly, got one or two dents where they shouldn't be... but it's nice to see it in its new home anyway :)

I just received these nice buddies. Sorry for the bad quality, but I think all of you know those critters :)

Looks good enough for me. I'll leave the dents, I fear I would only make things worse with those huge, rough hands of mine. :)

I don't recognize those lovely critters actually. Are they Shapeways?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: