You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Well, CrypticPrism - what really sucks is your signature!
We have quite some German members here and I'm not sure what you want to tell us with this stupid and immature signature :-\.

stargatedalek

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 13, 2017, 10:31:56 AM
Well, CrypticPrism - what really sucks is your signature!
We have quite some German members here and I'm not sure what you want to tell us with this stupid and immature signature :-\.
I think the implication is that it's a reflection on the current situation in America?

CrypticPrism

No, actually I'M part German and born on April 19th. I'm talking about my personal experiences there. And why couldn't have you PMed me about it? It would've resolved the situation much more quickly and made it less derailing. And how in what way is it stupid and immature? Making a joke about your personal experiences isn't stupid in any way.

And there. I've changed it so it isn't perceived as directed towards anyone but myself.

Now can we please get back on topic?
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

empire3569

A big thanks to ZoPteryx, I finally was able to acquire the original brown Papo Velociraptor!!! Looks great next to my TLW:JP one ;) (also, sorry about the flash, that area of my apt is dark)

postsaurischian

Quote from: CrypticPrism on April 13, 2017, 03:19:08 PM
No, actually I'M part German and born on April 19th. I'm talking about my personal experiences there. And why couldn't have you PMed me about it? It would've resolved the situation much more quickly and made it less derailing. And how in what way is it stupid and immature? Making a joke about your personal experiences isn't stupid in any way.

And there. I've changed it so it isn't perceived as directed towards anyone but myself.

Now can we please get back on topic?

Discussion skipped to here.

CrypticPrism

Apparently my mother has gotten a huge package with "a raptor with no wings, and spindly legs", a "huge fish thingy", and "the tiniest thing I've ever seen." I guess that means the Safari Kronosaurus, CollectA juvenile T. Rex, and CollectA utahraptor are here? The sad thing is I won't get them until Sunday morning, and holiday eves are the only nights that my body decides not to sleep. And there's the fact that there's more in there she hasn't told me of. This is harrowing.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

ZoPteryx

Quote from: empire3569 on April 13, 2017, 04:48:46 PM
A big thanks to ZoPteryx, I finally was able to acquire the original brown Papo Velociraptor!!! Looks great next to my TLW:JP one ;) (also, sorry about the flash, that area of my apt is dark)

You got it, awesome!  ^-^

pako

Wow didn't know that the JP one was that close looking like the Papo velociraptor ! I was like euh don't have that one in my papo collection...

empire3569

Quote from: pako on April 14, 2017, 10:33:07 AM

Wow didn't know that the JP one was that close looking like the Papo velociraptor ! I was like euh don't have that one in my papo collection...

The one on the left is the Papo Velociraptor, my amazing wife repainted it for me as a birthday present a few years back :)

BlueKrono

That's an excellent repaint job.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Silvanusaurus

I got my Papo Ceratosaurus from ED, but I saw the Polacanthus there too and at such a low price i couldnt resist adding a new Brit to my collection.
And not prehistoric, but still beautifully primordial; the Kaiyodo Sofubi Giant Salamander, which is now my new favourite figure of any animal ever, it's bigger than i imagined and just wonderful, well worth the travails of ordering from Japan! I adore those creatures, and having one with articulation is a fever dream to me. I'm so happy this exists.

Jose S.M.

Great figures! The salamander is very impressive.

Roselaar

That's a lovely salamander indeed! Wish Kaiyodo made more prehistorically themed figures like that. Then again, my wallet wishes something else...

Lanthanotus

I got the Kaiyodo Natural Monuments Giant Salamader last year, it's a very nice and lively figure but in "typical" Kaiyodo scale, so not a real giant. Your's is indeed a stunner and with articulated jaw, a real beauty. Is it made of the same hard plastic as the smaller Kaiyodos or is it made of some PVC like material?

Daspletotyrannus

Just got this today in the mail.  Battat Dilophosaurus version 1. I can now cross it off my Battat dinosaur listing I need.  I am still planning on getting the repaint if and when it gets release. I so happy my mini Battat Dilophosaurus now has a parent.  Just need to get a Gallimimus and Utahraptor to go with my mini versions. Oh well someday.  Lol

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 14, 2017, 09:57:49 PM
I got the Kaiyodo Natural Monuments Giant Salamader last year, it's a very nice and lively figure but in "typical" Kaiyodo scale, so not a real giant. Your's is indeed a stunner and with articulated jaw, a real beauty. Is it made of the same hard plastic as the smaller Kaiyodos or is it made of some PVC like material?

It's made of vinyl, it's hollow but the material feels very firm and durable, similar to PNSO's large figures I think. As well as the jaw, the four legs are articulated so you have get him into both a standing or a swimming pose.
Boy, if they ever made any prehistoric amphibians like this I'd be abosolutely over the moon!

sauroid

if only Kaiyodo would make a similar figure like Goro Furuta's Diplocaulus sculpture
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Neosodon

When I first saw the picture I thought it was something you made yourself. It has kind of a home made look to it.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I'm getting the Safari Ltd. Apatosaurus tonight!

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I got the Apatosaurus! It look absolutely incredible. Much bigger that I remember it being. I got it today because Michael's is closed tomorrow. It looks really good in my collection with my 6 other Safari Ltd. models.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: