You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

Oh, that's cool! Please post a comparison pic with Rebor's when you get it.

empire3569

Quote from: Reptilia on April 29, 2017, 07:29:26 PM
Oh, that's cool! Please post a comparison pic with Rebor's when you get it.

Thanks! I definitely will :)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on April 29, 2017, 06:52:03 PM
My Favorite Zhuchengtyrannus and Sinoceratops finally came! They're the best!
Congrats! I wanted that set but for monetary reasons I couldn't get it.
Quote from: empire3569 on April 29, 2017, 06:57:46 PM
Soon to be in my hands from the brilliant Martin Garratt: the Re-Papo Acrocanthosaurus

I like it better this way!

MLMjp

OMG

It looks amazing with Rebor´s Acro´s colors. If the original figure was like this.....

Wish I could also send a figure for a repaint to an expert painter, but even I could I do not think that it would be worth to pay for all for the shipping process and the repaint juts to make my dinosaur look cooler, besides buying actual figures is rather expensive for me.

suspsy

Quote from: empire3569 on April 29, 2017, 06:57:46 PM
Soon to be in my hands from the brilliant Martin Garratt: the Re-Papo Acrocanthosaurus  >:D

If it had been released in this colour scheme, I'd have absolutely bought it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on April 29, 2017, 07:56:14 PM
Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on April 29, 2017, 06:52:03 PM
My Favorite Zhuchengtyrannus and Sinoceratops finally came! They're the best!
Congrats! I wanted that set but for monetary reasons I couldn't get it.

Thank you! You'll get it eventually, I know it! ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

empire3569

Quote from: suspsy on April 29, 2017, 09:12:07 PM

If it had been released in this colour scheme, I'd have absolutely bought it.

Quote from: MLMjp on April 29, 2017, 08:08:26 PM
OMG

It looks amazing with Rebor´s Acro´s colors. If the original figure was like this.....

Wish I could also send a figure for a repaint to an expert painter, but even I could I do not think that it would be worth to pay for all for the shipping process and the repaint juts to make my dinosaur look cooler, besides buying actual figures is rather expensive for me.

I think the pain scheme on the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus is my all-time favorite mass-produced figure; the orange just lends itself so well, especially the the pattern on the neural spines. As soon as it was released that Papo was coming out with an Acrocanthosaurus figure I knew I would be having it repainted to match my Rebor. I'm anticipating a pretty cool diorama!

Shonisaurus

Empire3569 your acrocanthosaurus Papo with the new look in the Rebor style is fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Lanthanotus

That repaint is so much better than that vanilla "disco" Acro, nice acquisition.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Dyscrasia on April 28, 2017, 02:38:00 PM

I really like the look of the Acro in this position; with a horizontal body and his head angled upwards, apparently intently watching a bird or pterosaur flying overhead. Or maybe even wistfully gazing up toward the heavens... his thoughts lost in the stars and the doomed love he knew beneath them, when he was young and foolish.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on April 30, 2017, 05:15:36 PM
Quote from: Dyscrasia on April 28, 2017, 02:38:00 PM

I really like the look of the Acro in this position; with a horizontal body and his head angled upwards, apparently intently watching a bird or pterosaur flying overhead. Or maybe even wistfully gazing up toward the heavens... his thoughts lost in the stars and the doomed love he knew beneath them, when he was young and foolish.

I can always count on you for a wistful look inside the mind of an ennui-stricken dinosaur... :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 29, 2017, 02:24:08 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 29, 2017, 11:47:11 AM
My King's Day 2017 haul. A very diverse bunch, though none of them in pristine conditions of course. Some of the less obvious figuren in this lot (the weird big Trike, the rubber green Saltasaurus) need identification.

That's a good haul you got there.
It's nice to see you got two of the very rare Dinowaurs figures.

There's very rare Dinowaurs figures? Care to elaborate? ;)

BlueKrono

Quote from: Roselaar on April 30, 2017, 09:14:30 PM
My King's Day 2017 haul. A very diverse bunch, though none of them in pristine conditions of course. Some of the less obvious figuren in this lot (the weird big Trike, the rubber green Saltasaurus) need identification.

Refers to the small brownish theropod and plesiosaur in the lower righthand corner. I believe Dinowaurs was a Polish company. Snertus has them for sale from time to time.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 30, 2017, 10:03:25 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on April 30, 2017, 09:14:30 PM

Refers to the small brownish theropod and plesiosaur in the lower righthand corner. I believe Dinowaurs was a Polish company. Snertus has them for sale from time to time.

Those two are from the normal set and their easy enough to find.
The rare ones you got are the Titanosaur and the two Styracosaurus.
These were only released in Croatia in blister packs and are a bugger to find now.
There were six of these rares, the other four are baryonyx, majungasaurus, tarbosaurus and spinosaurus.
Baryonyx is the rarest one of all.
So yeah you got some very nice figures there.  :)

Derek.McManus

My oldest daughters went to Eastern Europe last year on a youth project to help other young people...eg I believe that they had a pamper night for the local girls, to tie in to the Dino forum they proudly produced bags of Haribo dinosaur sweets / candy that you cannot buy here!

AcroSauroTaurus

I got these two today. Transformers TLK Grimlock repaint and the Schleich Dunkleosteus.
I am the Dinosaur King!

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Derek.McManus on May 01, 2017, 02:01:09 AM
My oldest daughters went to Eastern Europe last year on a youth project to help other young people...eg I believe that they had a pamper night for the local girls, to tie in to the Dino forum they proudly produced bags of Haribo dinosaur sweets / candy that you cannot buy here!

Lol, sounds fun!  :))

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on May 01, 2017, 03:55:28 AM
I got these two today. Transformers TLK Grimlock repaint and the Schleich Dunkleosteus.

Wow, Grimlock looks awesome!  You'll have to show us what he looks like transformed.  Oh, and that dunky is okay too.  ;)

CityRaptor

Well, it is not much of a haul, but I got this:

The diorama is one of those from the "legendary" czech ABC magazine. It is set in Mongolia and features Protoceratops, generic small Theropod ( called Oviraptor) and a whole lot of mesozoic mammals ( which my father confused for rodents...well, can't blame him ). I'm not really impressed and if I ever get to build it, I likely won't use the mammals.
The "Walking with Dinosaurs" DVD was an easter present.
The small skeletons are not really new. They were used as party decorations and were cleared out with other decorations no longer needed prior to some renovations.   
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

On a flea market I encountered a Schleich Therizinosaurus. It was only 2,50 Euro.  So I took it with me.

Daspletotyrannus

I got this in the mail a couple of days ago.  Kaiyodo Dinotales Plesiosaurus.  It very lovely.  I think I might try and get the black and white one too.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: