You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Congratulations everyone!  My Velociraptor by Favorite Softmodel dropped in yesterday.

Minmiminime

My latest additions are the CollectA Deluxe Styracosaurus, their standard Einiosaurus, and the Wild Safari counterpart ^-^ Delighted with 'em all. I've been very pleasantly surprised by the CollectA Einiosaurus, which despite being a wee, diminutive little model, really captures the presence and grace of the large animal it really was! Lots of lovely detail in there
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Zhuchengotyrant

I just bought the Favorite Tarbosaurus, Favorite Series 2 Ankylosaurus, and the newer Kaiyodo Fukuiraptor!
I can't wait for them to get here
-Zhuchengotyrant

Fembrogon

^Nice haul! Where on Earth did you find the theropods (and how much did they cost???)?

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Fembrogon on May 15, 2017, 01:22:18 AM
^Nice haul! Where on Earth did you find the theropods (and how much did they cost???)?
Thanks, to answer your question,
I bought both of the theropods on eBay. I still had left over birthday money from a little more than a month ago. I saw them and just went for them! You need to live in the moment, you know. I say this because the Tarbosaurus was $66 in USD and the Fukuiraptor was $20 in USD! If I had thought of it, I may not have gotten them. But, in the end, you need to use money to get what you want, there is no point in having money if you don't use/save it for something you know you'll need later.
-Zhuchengotyrant

kreativtek

Quote from: Papi-Anon on May 13, 2017, 09:22:43 PM
My inner child is crying tears of joy today.

So jelly! Congratulations. I can understand what it is like to finally make your childhood dreams come true. Last year I got the Red Rex from JP1 in almost perfect condition. I was crying while opening the package.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on May 15, 2017, 02:13:49 AM
Quote from: Fembrogon on May 15, 2017, 01:22:18 AM
Thanks, to answer your question,
I bought both of the theropods on eBay. I still had left over birthday money from a little more than a month ago. I saw them and just went for them! You need to live in the moment, you know. I say this because the Tarbosaurus was $66 in USD and the Fukuiraptor was $20 in USD! If I had thought of it, I may not have gotten them. But, in the end, you need to use money to get what you want, there is no point in having money if you don't use/save it for something you know you'll need later.

That's my financial philosophy. I value possessions you can actually interact with and enjoy over numbers in a bank account.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BrontoScorpio

I used to thought so too -
Until I began to notice things that I bought for 30$ selling at 5$ ...
then I started being more cautious before I open my wallet.
But you're young, you are allowed to ... :)

BlueKrono

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on May 15, 2017, 01:58:49 PM
I used to thought so too -
Until I began to notice things that I bought for 30$ selling at 5$ ...
then I started being more cautious before I open my wallet.
But you're young, you are allowed to ... :)

Just because I like buying doesn't mean I'm not discriminating when it comes to prices. I've been known to wait on pulling the trigger for years on items just to save $5. I simply cannot be induced to purchase most things for a price beyond what I have set in my head. Patience is a virtue, and a valuable one when it comes to be a dollar-stretching collector.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

LeapingLaelaps

Finally got these two today! The package was coming from Washington to Wisconsin and somehow ended up in New Jersey so it was delayed for a few days ::)

The Papo baby T-rex and retired woolly rhino. Unfortunately the rex is missing some paint on the bottom of his left foot (looks almost like a part was cut off) and his right leg is bent out of place so I'm gonna have to fix that. Also might fix the rhino's weird bulging horn that gets thicker as it goes up

Papo toys may not be the most accurate in the world but they're some of the only figures that I've ever seen that look alive.

Dyscrasia

After a long wait, finally the new Safari feathered theropods are here.

Jose S.M.

Those feathered dinosaurs are great! It's too early but I'm really looking forward to see what will they bring for 2018!

Jose S.M.

A small haul from Dejankins:

I will post more photos and thoughts tomorrow on my collection thread.

There was a Recur catalog included in the box, some of their modern animal figures look good, the marine animals all look nice, except for the Orca and Great White Shark, strange that the "super predators" don't look as nice as the others to me at least hehehe.

Daspletotyrannus

I got the Kaiyodo Titanis. I have to say I love the colors on this one. Could have gotten the black one, but I'm happy with this one. I hope Safari Ltd make a large one soon.

I also got Kaiyodo Dimetrodon. I'll maybe try and get the newer one. I was a little shocked to find out that the sail was translucent. I really don't know why but Dimetrodon was always my favorite Paleozoic animal.

I also got Kaiyodo Plesiosaurus the black and white one.  I got the green one too earlier.  I have them displayed right next to each other.  I like them both. I saw the Kaiyodo fossil Plesiosaurus that went with the green one is have, I'm thinking of getting that one.

I have more coming from Japan in the mail.

microraptorgui

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 18, 2017, 01:13:31 AM
A small haul from Dejankins:

I will post more photos and thoughts tomorrow on my collection thread.

There was a Recur catalog included in the box, some of their modern animal figures look good, the marine animals all look nice, except for the Orca and Great White Shark, strange that the "super predators" don't look as nice as the others to me at least hehehe.

That Pteranodon with bat wings in the catalog...ouch.  Not good.
I sell original dinosaur art on canvas, shirts, dresses, stickers, phone covers, and a whole bunch of other stuff!
Check it out at www.redbubble.com/people/microraptorgui/shop!

Fembrogon

I have a new haul in straight from Safari ltd.:

Splendid figures overall - though most of them don't stand quite straight. Deinocheirus is highly prone to tipping over either way right now.
...And they gave me a bunch of extra goodies! (also a tote bag, not pictured)

Jose S.M.

Nice figures and that's great about the extras!

suspsy

Strange how Recur is still using "Sterrolophus Marsh" instead of Triceratops. After I wrote my review of the older version last fall, their rep told me they would be discarding that moniker in the future. I guess they must have forgotten. It makes even less sense than calling T. rex "Manospondylus Gigas."
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Derek.McManus

Well I suppose anyone can make a mistake, look to my recent cave bear mix up! ( By personal message, Supsey was kind enough to sort out my mistakes) slightly harder with an actual company though.

Fembrogon

Safari certainly wants to encourage repeat customers!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: