You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Those purple Sega King dino mini Stegosaurus are fun in a very psychedelic way!

Halichoeres

Nice score with those old Coloratas!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Reptilia

Looks like the new Mojo Allosaurus has been bootlegged already. Pretty nice vintage T-Rex in the first picture.

sauroid

Halichoeres: they're actually additions. i already have multiples of the old Colorata.

Reptilia: that's not a bootleg Mojo Allosaurus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

But the box says "Animal Planet"?

sauroid

yes because Mojo has partnered with Animal Planet to market their products in Asia. so basically it is just repackaging, with the unnecessary box.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

Ah, didn't know that.

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 28, 2017, 09:44:56 AM
Quote from: ZoPteryx on July 28, 2017, 01:23:19 AM
Wow, great hauls Roselaar and Nebuloid!  :o

I agree!
How can one stumble upon WWD figures in a lot?
This never ever happens in Germany.

It was a French eBay lot. In France, anything is apparently possible. But on the British eBay there's still the occasional lot containing WWD figures as well.

That dead Parasaurolophus is awesome...

BlueKrono

I've seen that yellow Lambeosaurus with the crookedy crest before. Do you know who makes it? I've been trying to get that one for a while now.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on July 28, 2017, 11:23:17 PM
I've seen that yellow Lambeosaurus with the crookedy crest before. Do you know who makes it? I've been trying to get that one for a while now.

Its a keychain of the Lambeosaurus from Dinosaur King, I don't know who makes it though. Probably Sega.
I am the Dinosaur King!

BlueKrono

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on July 29, 2017, 01:28:51 AM
Quote from: BlueKrono on July 28, 2017, 11:23:17 PM

Its a keychain of the Lambeosaurus from Dinosaur King, I don't know who makes it though. Probably Sega.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Nebuloid

Two more "exotic" figures came in today, one of them is not a dinosaur, and the other one, also isn't...

The Kaiyodo giant salamander, and the Dinostar tapejara:

BrontoScorpio

I've been looking for this one for quite a while :
In the words of other DTF members :
"I really like the calm pose and general demeanor ... Proof that not only sauropods can be graceful ...".
"...The relatively relaxed posture, unhurried gait, and glossy eyes all contribute to a very pleasant piece that is both striking and soothing at the same time.
...It remains one of the most pleasing pieces available for the refined theropod enthusiast."

Dinostoreus Allosaurus Resin 1/35 desktop model by Shane Foulkes

Also got another Discontinued one of the same line, not as rare and sought after, but still a jewel on its own :

Dinostoreus Amargasaurus Resin 1/35 desktop model

Jose S.M.

That Allosaurus is gorgeous!

CityRaptor

What I got in the last few months:

Schleich Mini Magazine Versions of Pentaceratops and Saichania. As you might notice, the protoype Saichania recalls the first Schleich Replicasaurus one, color-wise, but the actual production model looks more like the second Replicasaurus one. The Pentaceratops is very green, it even has a green tongue and it looks like this is supposed to be so.
A relative also got me "T-REX TO GO", which is about building your own T.rex skeleton out of chicken bones.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Lanthanotus

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 30, 2017, 10:06:44 PM

A relative also got me "T-REX TO GO", which is about building your own T.rex skeleton out of chicken bones.

I got an almost unlimited source of chicken bones at hand,.... that would be a very interesting thing to approach one day.  Though the skull looks quite inaccurate, it would be awesome to boast such a reconstruction on your collector's shelf :D If you try it, please keep us updated.

CityRaptor

Sounds like you are way more qualified for this than me. You will need the bones of four whole chickens and a hind quarter. The book is also readily available on Amazon, as is "Make your own Dinosaur out of chicken bones", by the same author, which allows one to make an Apatosaurus.
https://www.amazon.de/T-Rex-Go-Foolproof-Instructions-Paleontologists/dp/0060952814/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1501485836
https://www.amazon.de/Make-Your-Dinosaur-Chicken-Bones/dp/0060952261/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1501486007
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Bokisaurus

Nice new additions everyone!
Well, I found a not so expensive set of PNSO new set of 7 mini dino plus the stamp.
I have to say, they are cool looking figures, a little more glossy than the first batch. The packaging is beautiful, the box art is very nice.
The stamps don't come in a sheet, but are in small pages within the booklet in the section that talks about the dinosaur species. It's a beautiful booklet, worth getting on its own! The artwork, like all of PNSO, are just beautiful ;D
My only complain? >:(
Well, the Mamenchi is the smallest of the group and has the least details.
Also the eyes of the Microraptor and Sinosauroptery are just one color, no pupils ! I supposed it would be an easy fix with a sharpie ;D
Box Art

The figures

To see more photos, check out the PNSO new for 2017 thread, Cheers!

ceratopsian

In addition to my custom repaint of the CollectA Dimorphodon  (see here http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4496.msg176965;topicseen#new), the following two models have also reached me:

This is the little Torosaurus in the "Sue and Friends" series, produced by Safari.  I already have Sue and the Anatotitan via DeJankins.  This new addition came via our Halichoeres.

And I also acquired our own Jetoar's Scelidosaurus in his PaleoCreatures series:

Neosodon

The Scelidosaurus is cool but it looks like the tip of the tail broke off. It might just be the angle of the photo though.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: