You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Unpainted Battats look like Invictas.

Roselaar

Ooh, lovely find! Congrats!

stargatedalek

If they're showing up on Taobao now, these could be leaked pre-production pieces of future Terra models.

Simon

I hate to say it, but I suspect that they are bootlegs (especially the shiny white resin ones - most bootlegs are made of that cheap stuff) ...

Flaffy

Were those Battats one of those one time offer listings or do they have stock of them?

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on August 08, 2017, 05:34:52 AM
A lucky find on Taobao.
5 unpainted Battat for $25

Well found!  Do you plan to have them painted or to leave them as they are?

BlueKrono

Quote from: Simon on August 08, 2017, 04:49:18 PM
I hate to say it, but I suspect that they are bootlegs (especially the shiny white resin ones - most bootlegs are made of that cheap stuff) ...

I would be inclined to agree. I'm highly suspect of any unknown colors of previously known sculpts, especially if they're unfinished like this.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

acro-man

No. Everything is made of soft PVC, not resin.
And they are not pre-production leaks, because the inscriptions read "1997" or some year... I forgot

But if they are real bootlegs, then the painted ones will be sold very soon.
We shall see.

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 08, 2017, 06:20:57 PM
Well found!  Do you plan to have them painted or to leave them as they are?

Thanks! I will have them painted by myself.
It's gonna take long because I never knew how to paint!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Jose S.M.

So lucky! You got the ones I want the most, congrats!

ceratopsian

Quote from: acro-man on August 09, 2017, 07:10:52 AM

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 08, 2017, 06:20:57 PM
.....Do you plan to have them painted or to leave them as they are?

...... I will have them painted by myself.
It's gonna take long because I never knew how to paint!

Good luck!  I was hopeless at painting at school but wish I was able to do it.

Daspletotyrannus

I got this in the mail today the Carnegie Baryonyx.  Why did they put black soulless eyes instead of the gold/yellow eyes?  It is still a nice figure.  It is bigger then I expected.  I'm glad I got this now before it goes up in price later.  I have stuff coming from Asia so when they cross the Pacific I will share them. I also should be getting a shipment from Safari Ltd soon too. I can't wait for all of them to come. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

light up lenticular dinosaur picture, looks like Jerry LoFaro's work?

12" long cast iron dinosaur skeleton from Michaels craft store

suspsy

Here's my newest Tyrannosaurus rex. It's soft, it's safe, it jingles, and it vibrates.

Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

And that little hand you see belongs to my new son, born at 7:46 PM on August 3! A dinosaur fan in training! Also the reason why I've chosen to retire from my role as guest review editor. Won't have enough time now for it. But it sure has been fun! :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

Congratulations, suspsy! Hopefully the kid will fully learn to appreciate the prehistoric world as much as the present day one. :)

Jose S.M.

Congratulations supsy! Best wishes for you and your baby, and you whole family.

docronnie

Congratulations Suspsy!  Thanks for all the reviewing and editing you've done for our community. 😇
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

BlueKrono

And you announce it in the recent acquisitions thread! Brilliant. My first toy, bought before I was even born, was a stuffed red pteranodon. Launched me on a lifelong journey, and still have him today.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ceratopsian

Warmest congratulations to you and your wife, Suspsy, on your new acquisition!

Halichoeres

Congrats on the F1, Suspsy!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: suspsy on August 10, 2017, 10:01:01 PM
Here's my newest Tyrannosaurus rex. It's soft, it's safe, it jingles, and it vibrates.

Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

And that little hand you see belongs to my new son, born at 7:46 PM on August 3! A dinosaur fan in training! Also the reason why I've chosen to retire from my role as guest review editor. Won't have enough time now for it. But it sure has been fun! :)

CONGRATULATIONS!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: