You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

(Image heavy post inbound, sorry!)

My new boy, been waiting for him for a little while now! :)

(Sorry that the image quality isn't the best)

Takara Tomy Spinosaurus

Also, a while ago someone posted in the Knock Off thread about a really interesting Papo knock off, it was a hybrid of Papo's Spinosaurus and Baryonyx. It looked interesting so I went hunting for it on Ebay, found it for £11 and picked it up. I'm actually really pleased with it. Everything but the eyes and the paint on the teeth look pretty good considering it's just another chinasaur

( ^ The full extent to which the arms and mouth can articulate)

With flash on so you can see the colours better

I don't own the Papo Spinosaurus but I do own the Baryonyx. I find it kinda... wrong that I like this knock off more than I do the original...

sauroid

IrritatorRaji: i am actually on the lookout for that PapoSpinosaurusxBaryonix hybrid. not bad at all.
*btw, don't be sorry for posting plenty of pics. this is supposed to be a picture overloaded thread. those who don't like seeing a lot of photos are the ones that should be sorry.*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Minmiminime

Well I never...that's really rather good! For a Chinasaur, that's a pretty inspired hybrid. Seems to retain most of the detail of both models, and is nice and colourful to boot. I may have to look into getting that myself!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: sauroid on December 31, 2017, 12:36:02 PM
IrritatorRaji: i am actually on the lookout for that PapoSpinosaurusxBaryonix hybrid. not bad at all.
*btw, don't be sorry for posting plenty of pics. this is supposed to be a picture overloaded thread. those who don't like seeing a lot of photos are the ones that should be sorry.*

Quote from: Minmiminime on December 31, 2017, 12:37:45 PM
Well I never...that's really rather good! For a Chinasaur, that's a pretty inspired hybrid. Seems to retain most of the detail of both models, and is nice and colourful to boot. I may have to look into getting that myself!

If you guys are looking to buy it I got mine here, but be quick. It's 50% off (original price is $30) and the offer only lasts for 2 more days :)

It is really surprising how nice it is. I mean, it's not perfect, but all things considered it's really interesting. The plastic doesn't feel too cheap either, it feels just like a real Papo figure. Part of me wants to go hunting for which ever company made it and see if they've got any other crazy hybrid knock offs.

Ravonium

Despite being a knockoff, this figure still manages to be more visually appealing (and even awesome looking, dare I say it) to me than either of the Papo Spinosaurs. It is certainly more accurate than the Spinosaurus and it isn't in the screaming kangaroo pose of the Baryonyx.

Quote from: IrritatorRaji
I don't own the Papo Spinosaurus but I do own the Baryonyx. I find it kinda... wrong that I like this knock off more than I do the original...

Never worry. There are always times where thieves think of better ideas than owners  >:D

(This being said, don't do bootlegs, kids :) )

Shonisaurus

The truth is that this Knock Off of Spinosaurus is even superior to many paleoartistic representations of this figure made by dinosaur companies, for example Geoworld. It is a very well finished and very impressive figure. I like very much.

I would like Papo to produce a spinosaurus as avant-garde as that figure regardless that his spinosaurus is one of the ones I like most in the toy market along with other companies such as Collecta, Favorite or Safari to give three examples. But it must be recognized that this spinosaurus Knock Off is a figure as well finished as the baryonyx of Papo.  8)

Joey

Why is the knock-off more accurate than the figure it mostly, copied/bootlegged (I don't know what term to use)?

Simon

Quote from: Gartner13 on December 31, 2017, 04:32:29 AM
Kind of new to collecting dinosaur figures. Received my first triceratops in the mail over the holidays. One of my favorites so far.

Dang!  Now that's what I call 'starting at the top'!!!   ;) 

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Gartner13 on December 31, 2017, 04:32:29 AM
Kind of new to collecting dinosaur figures. Received my first triceratops in the mail over the holidays. One of my favorites so far.

That's a great Trike! Congrats.

Reptilia

That Papo Baryonyx + Spinosaurus hybrid knock-off is just awful!

Minmiminime

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on December 31, 2017, 12:45:57 PM
Quote from: sauroid on December 31, 2017, 12:36:02 PM

Quote from: Minmiminime on December 31, 2017, 12:37:45 PM

Thanks  :)) It's certainly one to consider!

If you guys are looking to buy it I got mine here, but be quick. It's 50% off (original price is $30) and the offer only lasts for 2 more days :)

It is really surprising how nice it is. I mean, it's not perfect, but all things considered it's really interesting. The plastic doesn't feel too cheap either, it feels just like a real Papo figure. Part of me wants to go hunting for which ever company made it and see if they've got any other crazy hybrid knock offs.
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

Favorite Co Spinosaurus arrived today  ^-^

(I know the base is attached the wrong way, I just like how it looks)

ITdactyl

Our family has a tradition of exchanging gifts (of a value below $10) every New Year.  I got this set of "boots".  I actually like the paint apps, though I'll still probably use these for paint practice.  The brach also has a warped hind leg.  I like the rock bases that came with the set though.  I can use those for my pterosaur figs.

I also got the updated G1ish Swoop, from the new "Power of the Primes" series.  The token non dinosaur of the Dinobots.

According to Starwars lore, Porgs are seabirds so I guess they can be treated as interstellar dinosaurs. ;D

Happy New Year everyone! ^-^

Joey

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on January 02, 2018, 02:23:49 PM
Favorite Co Spinosaurus arrived today  ^-^

(I know the base is attached the wrong way, I just like how it looks)

Very nice addition! Also I didn't you can put the Spinosaurus on backwards on the base, but it makes it look like it's lunging to catch it's prey

Libraraptor

Quote from: ITdactyl on January 02, 2018, 04:27:34 PM

Happy New Year everyone! ^-^
:-* These Porgs are so cute!  Despite many Star Wars fans bashing them as they did with the Ewoks, I Love them! Back to topic,  nice additions everyone.  I am still awaiting my Dino Riders Kentrosaurus...

CityRaptor

My stuff from the same seller arrived today.

"Don't talk to me or my son ever again!" Sorry, I really had to use that meme.
Despite the paint damage, I could not pass on the Mastodonsaurus for 1 Euro! I consider it my main reason for buying from this seller. ( Sadly someone beat me to the Carnegie Elasmosaurus ) The two Schleich Spinosaurs are either nice representations of the 80s Spinosaurus ( generic Carnosaur head, but somehow walking on four legs ) or hilariously outdated ( made in 1994 and 2003! ). They are a lot more charming than other Schleich Theropods from that era, probably because they do not look like poop. The two Chinsaur Spinos are bycatch.

Quote from: Reptilia on December 26, 2017, 11:45:51 AM
Someone hurried to get the Papo Pachyrhinosaurus?  ;)

Sort of. That's the reason I put it on my wishlist.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

docronnie

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on December 31, 2017, 11:43:10 AM
Ooh, nice finds! I'm not a massive fan of prehistoric marine life but the Safari Coelacanth is awesome!

Thanks for appreciating! God Bless! 😇
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

sauroid

i'd still consider that a lucky find CityRaptor.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 03, 2018, 10:57:17 PM
My stuff from the same seller arrived today.

"Don't talk to me or my son ever again!" Sorry, I really had to use that meme.
Despite the paint damage, I could not pass on the Mastodonsaurus for 1 Euro! I onsider it my main reason for buying from this seller. ( Sadly someone beat me to the Carnegie Elasmosaurus ) The two Schleich Spinosaurs are either nice representations of the 80s Spinosaurus ( generic Carnosaur head, but somehow walking on four legs ) or hilariously outdated ( made in 1994 and 2003! ). They are a lot more charming than other Schleich Theropods from that era, probably because they do not look like poop. The two Chinsaur Spinos are bycatch.

Quote from: Reptilia on December 26, 2017, 11:45:51 AM
Someone hurried to get the Papo Pachyrhinosaurus?  ;)

Sort of. That's the reason I put it on my wishlist.

:o1 Euro for the Bullyland Mastodonsaurus?! Wow!

As for me I can proudly announce my Dino Riders Kentrosaurus has arrived yesterday! A nice Animal indeed!

Shonisaurus

Mastodonsaurus is one of the largest prehistoric toy amphibians made massively by a company and to a considerable size. She is one of my favorite figures of Bullyland and one of the best figures made by that company.  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: