News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

I have a couple of both of those in my trade thread.

Takama

I seen that, though i am tempted to make a trade for the other ones i seen in your thread (that i seen at the festival)

I decided i would just buy these when I'm at a Festival that sells them, and call it my Festival Collection.

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on August 11, 2012, 04:56:30 AM
I seen that, though i am tempted to make a trade for the other ones i seen in your thread (that i seen at the festival)

I decided i would just buy these when I'm at a Festival that sells them, and call it my Festival Collection.

Well if you change your mind, I really want to get rid of these excess dinosaurs.

Jetoar

Quote from: Gwangi on August 09, 2012, 12:01:22 AM
Won these in a lot on eBay. The lot was larger than what you see but these were the only ones that I was interested in. The rest are posted in my trade thread and include more than a few Carnegies and a lot of other toys. I better make the most of these last few lots because I'm done with buying dinosaurs for the remainder of the month.
I've always been fond of the Disney Carnotaurus for some reason. None of the others from Disney, just him.

Good adquisitions!  :). The carnotaurus is the best of the dysney collection but the velociraptor is not bad. I have this carnotaurus and the big version of this.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Sumo

Long time no see! I've been quiet lately, but don't think for a moment that I've left the hobby! In fact I've been shopping like a nerd on vacation (what do you mean that's not a real simile?). Of course, once I got around to documenting the new arrivals, my batteries gave out... so consider this a sneak peek.

Collecta Therizinosaurus and Mapusaurus. I have to admit I like the Mapu better than expected - even with the much-derided alterations and despite arriving with the worst case of warped legs I've seen, it really is quite a good-looking model. The Theri is, of course, superb.  :D

And hey, what's that purple Styracosaurus? Well, a chinasaur obviously - but look at that face! [insert "wildly infatuated" smiley here] The entire model is exceptionally detailed, and I'm almost sure it's a copy of the Battat (which I've never had the chance to see up close, but it resembles what I've seen in pictures). I'm no fan of the color, but that's fixable.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

tyrantqueen

Sumo, I have that Styracosaurus too. It is indeed a copy of the Battat, made by Waiphoon.

I got this lovely thing from a special someone <3

Jetoar

Quote from: Sumo on August 11, 2012, 07:11:46 PM
Long time no see! I've been quiet lately, but don't think for a moment that I've left the hobby! In fact I've been shopping like a nerd on vacation (what do you mean that's not a real simile?). Of course, once I got around to documenting the new arrivals, my batteries gave out... so consider this a sneak peek.

Collecta Therizinosaurus and Mapusaurus. I have to admit I like the Mapu better than expected - even with the much-derided alterations and despite arriving with the worst case of warped legs I've seen, it really is quite a good-looking model. The Theri is, of course, superb.  :D

And hey, what's that purple Styracosaurus? Well, a chinasaur obviously - but look at that face! [insert "wildly infatuated" smiley here] The entire model is exceptionally detailed, and I'm almost sure it's a copy of the Battat (which I've never had the chance to see up close, but it resembles what I've seen in pictures). I'm no fan of the color, but that's fixable.

The Therizinosaurus is cool. I would like the prototype of Mapusaurus but the final is worse than original. When i see it in my hands, I will change my point of view  :).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I received my 1/1 Raptor bust today and wanted to share some pics :

more here : http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3556292742543.229340.1129456954&type=1

Jetoar

Hello friends! these are my new acquisitions :).

Invicta Baryonyx, Papo Humpback whale and 4D vision snail. I have been looking the Baryonyx since 1993  ^-^.

ajax

The Barry is indeed very cool  8)

Pilkington

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 11, 2012, 07:29:34 PM
Sumo, I have that Styracosaurus too. It is indeed a copy of the Battat, made by Waiphoon.

I got this lovely thing from a special someone <3

Every time I see that plush Rex on eBay I'm tempted to buy it and turn it into a dog toy for my pup, she loves stuffed animals.  However she's been destroying her toys lately so I'll have to wait until she's a bit older.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

Primeval12

Safari triceratops and allosaurus plus two chinasaurs and trees. By the way is there a kind of stegosaurus with eight spikes cause the one at the peabody museam as well as in this bag of dinosaurs

[attachment msg=16231][/attachment]

Gwangi

Quote from: primeval12 on August 15, 2012, 02:20:37 AM
Safari triceratops and allosaurus plus two chinasaurs and trees. By the way is there a kind of stegosaurus with eight spikes cause the one at the peabody museam as well as in this bag of dinosaurs

The Stegosaurus you have is a Battat knockoff, the Battat had eight spikes as well. I'm not certain why Battat did this but it used to be thought Stegosaurus had more than four spikes but what you have is indeed supposed to be Stegosaurus.

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on August 15, 2012, 02:48:46 AM

The Stegosaurus you have is a Battat knockoff, the Battat had eight spikes as well. I'm not certain why Battat did this but it used to be thought Stegosaurus had more than four spikes but what you have is indeed supposed to be Stegosaurus.

It was meant to be a different species--Stegosaurus stenops is the usual one; the Battat is supposed to be Stegosaurus ungulatus (an invalid species).

CityRaptor

Well here is my Haul:

Carnegie Microraptor
WS T-rex Baby
WS Liopleurodon
WS Kentrosaurus
Sue & her Friends toob ( must be kinda hard if half of your friends consider the other half food...)
2 Sue Keychains
Animals of Australia Leaellynasaura
Animals of Australia Muttaburrasaurus

[attachment msg=16252][/attachment]
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 15, 2012, 02:39:54 PM
Well here is my Haul:

Carnegie Microraptor
WS T-rex Baby
WS Liopleurodon
WS Kentrosaurus
Sue & her Friends toob ( must be kinda hard if half of your friends consider the other half food...)
2 Sue Keychains

That Sue and Friends toob was always strange to me--most of them are from the original dino toob, with some from the Carnivorous dinos toob.  It would have been nice if they would have at least sculpted one original (maybe an Anatotitan/Edmontosaurus) for the set.  And how does Baryonyx figure in as one of Sue's friends? ^-^ They never met!

Sumo

Quote from: SBell on August 15, 2012, 03:54:11 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on August 15, 2012, 02:39:54 PM
Well here is my Haul:

Carnegie Microraptor
WS T-rex Baby
WS Liopleurodon
WS Kentrosaurus
2 Sue Keychains

That Sue and Friends toob was always strange to me--most of them are from the original dino toob, with some from the Carnivorous dinos toob.  It would have been nice if they would have at least sculpted one original (maybe an Anatotitan/Edmontosaurus) for the set.  And how does Baryonyx figure in as one of Sue's friends? ^-^ They never met!
They're friends on facebook. ;D
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on August 15, 2012, 02:06:40 PM

It was meant to be a different species--Stegosaurus stenops is the usual one; the Battat is supposed to be Stegosaurus ungulatus (an invalid species).
Wasn't Stegosaurus Armatus once thought by Marsh to have an 8 spike thagomizer instead of 4? Perhaps that is the reason why.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 16, 2012, 03:07:48 AM
Quote from: SBell on August 15, 2012, 02:06:40 PM

Wasn't Stegosaurus Armatus once thought by Marsh to have an 8 spike thagomizer instead of 4? Perhaps that is the reason why.

S. ungulatus is an invalid species now considered to be the same thing as S. armatus. If I'm not mistaken weren't all Stegosaurus species once thought to have had four spikes? It was along time ago mind you but I still think that was once the prevailing theory. Either way Battat should have known better when they released theirs in the 90's, especially given their overall high level of accuracy.

Brontozaurus

Got the CollectA Tarbosaurus today. It was a purchase inspired by recent events at my university. Last year a new library opened, and the old library closed down. The old library had a cast of a Tarbosaurus skeleton (nicknamed Jack) on the ground floor, and it is still there. A friend of mine has been trying to get access to Jack so it can be restored and recast, maybe with a second Tarbosaurus to go with it. So Tarbosaurus has been on my mind, and so I got the figure.

As for the figure, it's like a transitional stage between the old crappy CollectA models and the cool new ones. It's hardly bad (the paint is really well done) but it's not as good as their recent efforts.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: