News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's cool, I love pieces you can connect with something !

Any pics of " Jack " ?

tyrantqueen

Nothing too special, but I picked up this nice AAA Ceratosaurus with help :) It looks a lot like the Battat one.

I think it has potential for a repaint XD

Seijun

The aaa cera is a direct ripoff of battats, but I think I like the aaa one better
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Gwangi

I think I like that AAA more than the Battat as well. The Battat Ceratosaurus is probably my least favorite of the Battats, it is kinda ugly actually. It has a sloppy paint job and the head looks too small. I still want one though.

Takama

I have one of those.  I bought it over in london ;D

Jetoar

I dont have dinosaurs of AAA. The only prehistoric animal that I have is a Dimetrodon.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

amargasaurus cazaui

Got this tiny piece in the mail today, it is very small indeed. My only wonder is at not repainting it differently and calling it Psittacosaurus family, and selling twice as many . The sculpt is generic enough they could have worked it for sales far better. I like the concept, and wish they would to making a few higher end, more detailed and larger pieces like this. Snapshots of the Mesozoic so to speak

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerzā€”Glenn Jepsen

Horridus

Finally got me the Wild Safari Vegaceratops and, yes, the Papo baby T. rex. I couldn't resist his cute widdle face any longer.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Horridus on August 20, 2012, 09:58:08 PM
Finally got me the Wild Safari Vegaceratops and, yes, the Papo baby T. rex. I couldn't resist his cute widdle face any longer.
Huh...I thought it was Vagaceratops

Horridus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 20, 2012, 10:00:23 PM
You're right, it is. Whoops. I just so want it to be called Vegasceratops. Uh-huh.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Bokisaurus

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Horridus on August 20, 2012, 10:05:00 PM
You're right, it is. Whoops. I just so want it to be called Vegasceratops. Uh-huh.

Vagaceratops sounds so much cooler  ;)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Metallisuchus on August 21, 2012, 02:01:56 AM
Quote from: Horridus on August 20, 2012, 10:05:00 PM
Vagaceratops sounds so much cooler  ;)
Vagaceratops sounds a bit...dodgy to my ears :-[

*is shot*

Sumo

Time to show off today's tiny treasures: Favorite's mini "Paint the dinosaur" set! :D It took me forever to track down because I kept searching for "Paint a dinosaur"...

The models are the same as their metal minis, but made from durable hard plastic. My only complaint, and it is a tiny one, is that the bases either need to be glued or ignored completely, because the pegs are too short and weak to keep them in place. 

Aren't they gorgeous? :D Lots of detail and texture, which should make for a fun painting experience.
The Brachiosaurus isn't quite my cup of tea, I must admit - though it's more to do with my personal taste in dinos than the model itself - so I'll probably sell or trade it.

I also got these teeny tinies, also by Favorite. They're keychains or cell phone fobs, but although the plastic is flexible and sturdy I'm not sure I want to risk carrying them around... They're certainly nice enough to join the rest of my minis collection.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Jetoar

Good acquisitions. I would like to buy mini figures of dinosaur because I like paint  and sculpt :) .
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Himmapaan

Ingunn, those are lovely! I may need to rescue the brachiosaur...

tyrantqueen

I've been waiting FAR too long for this one to arrive :-[

Galileo's 1/40 Suchomimus resin. Some of the parts aren't a perfect fit, but that can be remedied. For some reason it arrived a bit grubby, in need of a cleaning :-\ 

I think this will be enjoyable to build :)

ZoPteryx

That's one cool Suchomimus!!! :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think the arms are a little too muscular and the detail seems to disappear after the hips back but other than that it's a great looking kit. Glad you finally received it ! :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 23, 2012, 06:16:53 PM
I think the arms are a little too muscular and the detail seems to disappear after the hips back but other than that it's a great looking kit. Glad you finally received it ! :)
Yeah, it does have some flaws but I guess it's better than the Safari Sucho :P The casting is also pretty poor, I had to do a lot of trimming with my hobby knife to get the parts to mate. Perhaps this one was rushed?

That's the last time I buy from this guy though. I am saving my pennies now for the Paleocraft Rex, now that's a resin that is worth the time and money :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: